Choice of an RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Since my last post about getting no flavour I have finally achieved building coils and placement for better flavour. I currently have the Serpent SMM but was wondering if there are better rta's for flavour. I have scoured Youtube but am always wary that some reviews may be biased. Has anyone any recommendations? Thanks in advance, Allan

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I enjoy the OBS Crius 2 single coil more than the SMM, imo flavor and af is better. I have an Intake coming in tomorrow due to members positive comments here. For dual the Aqua Reboot is getting a lot of positive posts. The original Kaaes Solomon dual is another good one. I'm liking the OBS Engine II but the build is not ideal for a new builder.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The best flavor rta I have ever used is a aromamizer 7 plus. It’s a gigantic atty. 30mm. It’s also very DL. Vapes like an RDA though and it holds 10ml of juice, which is handy. You need a larger mod to hold it though. The battlestar or cylon are supposed to work exceptionally well as did the original ageis. The ageis legend will take it too though it makes for a fairly large device

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
With premade coils I tried Nautilis, Nautilus2, Cubis2, Melo4. For RDA I tried Galaxies. Of RTAs I tried Keyfun Prime (SXK and some others) and the Doggy.

Out of all, flavor is best on Kayfun Prime (SXK). But I dont think you can do DL with it really. It's tight MTL.

Judging from what you owned before you're looking for DL atty?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I found the Augvape intake to be quite flavorful. It's a slightly restricted DL single coil top air setup that works well. The Pharaoh mini is supposed to have solid flavor as well. The Aromamizer series already mentioned are well regarded. The OBS Engine 2 is a dual coil top air tank that's also quite flavorful.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's hard for me to recommend a DL atomizer as I'm totally MTL. I would guess, though, if you want to be more specific, maybe talking a bit more about the pros and cons of the rebuildable you have? For example, if it's straight flavor you are looking for, sometimes using an RBA and squonking it if dripping is a pain might be one option. Knowing if you prefer single or dual coil might be helpful too, and also, what types of coils and wattage ranges have you tried with the atomizer you've got. Sometimes for straight up flavor using an exotic coil build (you can get them premade) will offer more surface area, and hence, more flavor.

Also, a lot of these preferences are going to be totally individual, so the more info you can give the better, probably. Etc.

Best of luck with whatever you wind up going with!

Anna

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
I have the Vandy Vape Kylin and the GeekVape Ammit. Both are great. Although the Kylin edges it out a little bit for me. I also have the Ijoy Exo which i picked up for 9.99 from eightvape. If its still available at that price, you can add that too! :)

I have the the Limitless RDTA as well, but i haven't opened it yet. So can really say how that is.

It's hard for me to recommend a DL atomizer as I'm totally MTL. I would guess, though, if you want to be more specific, maybe talking a bit more about the pros and cons of the rebuildable you have? For example, if it's straight flavor you are looking for, sometimes using an RBA and squonking it if dripping is a pain might be one option. Knowing if you prefer single or dual coil might be helpful too, and also, what types of coils and wattage ranges have you tried with the atomizer you've got. Sometimes for straight up flavor using an exotic coil build (you can get them premade) will offer more surface area, and hence, more flavor.

Also, a lot of these preferences are going to be totally individual, so the more info you can give the better, probably. Etc.

Best of luck with whatever you wind up going with!

Anna

Okay here's a bit more background. I have a Wasp Nano and Smoant RDA. I get, with not too much effort, decent flavour from both. I don't like a hot vape and try to avoid spitback like the plague. My point being that I don't know whether I prefer a single or dual. With regards to the wattage, that will depend on the coil. I have not really noticed a huge difference in flavour by using fused claptons etc. or perhaps I have not yet come across one that does make the flavour pop :D

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Some like me prefer multi wire coils and some prefer single or twisted wire builds. My favorite is tri core fc coils. You just have to experiment. Playing with coil placement and airflow is important when looking for the best flavor. Coil diameter is also a game changer with many atty's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread