Choices, choices!! I cant decide!! Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalebK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA
My head is spinning with all these new devices!! I know that I want variable voltage, I just can't decide which one that I want!!!

My options are:

Lavatube (the new one with the 4 amp limit) VMax -its $99 on goodejuice.com EVO - I know its not true variable voltage, but its gorgeous iTaste - another gorgeous device Ovale v8 - I was also contemplating the V6 before I saw this on DiscountVapers but this one is TRUE variable voltage Or Spend the big bucks and get the Provari

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Also, does anyone know what kind of amp limit the V8 will have??

Algernon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2010
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
www.flickr.com
He said 99 for a vmax i think. I would get it if it has 1 year warranty

Oh I thought he was referring to the company selling it and calling it a vmax.
I didn't check their website, sorry about that.

People name LT's whatever they want these days, it wouldn't surprise me.

KalebK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA
No worries, yea I was talking about the Smoktech VMax. It sort of seems like a pain to cycle through all those menus and Ijust read alot about the new lavatube with 4 amp limit and it seems pretty awesome, I just wish I could get the mini with a 4 amp limit and not just the full size! I am excited to see reviews about the Ovale V8 when it gets released in a few days, same with the iTaste! I think ive ruled out the EVO because its not true variable voltage, but its so pretty!! Haha

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Haha, I knew it was a matter if time before the vmax went below 128.00. I'm glad. Well seriously guys who would take this warning seriously?

Notice: The market guided price of Vmax is$128.0/pc,we won't provide it to client who sells it less than $128.0,please kindly pay attention to it!

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
Right now I am still enjoying my Lavatube even with the V1 internals. However, I believe the new one with the new switch will be really sweet. Also, with the options of chrome, copper, and even stainless, I would buy one again! It is a good way to make sure you will use all the benefits of VV. But, I will say that after having VV I am hooked for life. So, if you possibly have the cash and are pretty sure you will like VV. I would probably just do the Provari. I am not real familiar with the other ones, but I would say LT or PV myself, they have been around and although the LT has its quirks sometimes, they both seem fairly tried and true.

-CC-my avatar is Uranus

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Right now I am still enjoying my Lavatube even with the V1 internals. However, I believe the new one with the new switch will be really sweet.

Just a technical note: We understand what you mean, but the upgraded LTs don't have "new switches." They have increased amperage limits:

L-Rider Versions 1.0 and 2.0 have a 2.5 amp limit.
Uniq/YoungJune Version 1.5 has a 3.2 amp limit.
L-Rider Version 3.0 has a 4.0 amp limit.

The two new versions are sufficiently powerful that they can supply full voltage up to 6.0 volts without any "invisible" auto-adjusting voltage drop.

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
Personally I'd spend the money once and get the Provari. I cannot say enough good things about it. With that said, many people really like the LT as well so you will probably win either way. The fit and finish and toughness of the Provari is really nice, as is the ability to 'bathe' it if need be, and Provape's customer service is among the best of any company I've ever dealt with.

HawkeyeCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
United States
I'd stay away from the itaste, if you go to pbusardo's site tasteyourjuice.com you'll see he posted a blurb about how his review is being delayed as they have had to revise the original because it wouldn't let you go past the recommended high voltage... The point of VV is to adjust to your tastes, so I'd probably say best to avoid that until they are sure they got their equipment figured out 100%. If you're looking for a basic mod, and you don't want to shell out a ton of money for something that looks super fancy, (i.e. Provari, darwin, etc.) then I'd recommend a lavatube or ego-c twist if cost is a huge concern. The vmax isn't bad for $100, as long as you're ok with it's faults (watch the pbusardo video). The SVR/EVO have their issues as well, but if you're cool with it, they aren't bad mods, I'd just rather have a true VV device....

HawkeyeCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
United States
Yea I still have a bit til payday (the 1st) to make my decision. I just wish there was a straight answer about if the new Lavatube 3.0 holds its voltage under load or not!!
The original lavatube held it's own under load the same as just about every device except for the provari. If you'd set it at 4.2 you would see minimal drop off while under load, and the drop off would be comparable to every other device out there. The provari is the only device that will guarantee you get the exact voltage set with no drop off under a load.

Now if you're talking about the drop off due to the 2.5A current limit, that's different. I can tell you that I have the v1.5 from crystal clear vaping and it has a 3.2A limit. It is powering any resistance cartomizer or atomizer i load on it great. I have never run out of room for any juice I've tried, I can usually start to get a bit of a burnt taste, then dial it back down 1 or 2 clicks and be set. I have tend to power most juices in the 7-9 watt range, and occasionally willl hit 10+ for certain juices or dual coil low res cartos. I typically change my batteries out at 3.7volts which is equal to about 2 bars remaining on the battery meter and don't notice a drop off in taste when using my panasonic imr 2000mah batteries. They typically will laste anywhere from 1-2 days depending on the voltage and resistance combo.

KalebK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA
The original lavatube held it's own under load the same as just about every device except for the provari. If you'd set it at 4.2 you would see minimal drop off while under load, and the drop off would be comparable to every other device out there. The provari is the only device that will guarantee you get the exact voltage set with no drop off under a load.

Now if you're talking about the drop off due to the 2.5A current limit, that's different. I can tell you that I have the v1.5 from crystal clear vaping and it has a 3.2A limit. It is powering any resistance cartomizer or atomizer i load on it great. I have never run out of room for any juice I've tried, I can usually start to get a bit of a burnt taste, then dial it back down 1 or 2 clicks and be set. I have tend to power most juices in the 7-9 watt range, and occasionally willl hit 10+ for certain juices or dual coil low res cartos. I typically change my batteries out at 3.7volts which is equal to about 2 bars remaining on the battery meter and don't notice a drop off in taste when using my panasonic imr 2000mah batteries. They typically will laste anywhere from 1-2 days depending on the voltage and resistance combo.

Great info Hawkeye, thanks. Im still having trouble understanding watts vs. Volts. What voltage is 7,8,9 and 10 watts. Thanks! Sorry for my ignorance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread