Choosing an adapter for a somewhat unique lavatube w/ Vivi Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

aunshui

Nov 27, 2011
New York
Hi folks :vapor:

Been using my SS VV Vtube from Apollo for the better part of a year now, and things have been more or less gravy since. I've mostly been using it with Boge cartos and the occasional Ressurector or CE2, but I recently picked up a full-sized Vivi Nova with hopes of moving on from Boge now that they seem to have gone down hill in consistency. Unfortunately, I didn't do my research beforehand, and upon delivery discovered that when fully screwed into the 510 connection, no air is able to pass through to the Nova, making the whole device completely useless. :mad:

Now, none of this is news if you've been following Vivi Nova's over the past few months, but since I'm strapped for cash and have a decently unique device (as far as I know, no vendor is offering my exact configuration at the moment), I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction so I don't have to spend any more money than I need to getting my Nova up and running (btw, I'm broke :( ).

In case anyone is wondering, this is my Lavatube right here (full size model, stainless steel):

Apollo VTube Kit

In brief, it's got identical internals to the other 1st gen Lavatubes, but a redesigned body, stainless steel construction, and "spring-loaded" center post on the 510 connection.

My understanding is that I need a 510-510 adapter to "raise" the Vivi Nova up and allow airflow while still making a strong connection with the battery, but unfortunately, I have no experience with adapters, so was hoping someone here could chime in and point me in the right direction.

I know there's a lot of hate for them out there, but I've had good experiences with Totally Wicked in the past, so I was thinking of ordering from them - prices seem right, too. They seem to have two different adapters to choose from, which both go from 510 to 510, though I'm not sure why I should choose one over the other.

Here is the first:
Tornado eGo Adaptor for the Torpedo VVV

And here is the second:
TW Torpedo VVV to Tornado-eGo Double Thread adapter. / E Cigarettes and E Liquid from Totally Wicked

I should add that I am totally open to getting this from another vendor, provided they are better/cheaper.
Anyway, I think I've gone on long enough. Thanks in advance for your help! :toast:

myyrkezaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Clayton, NC

aunshui

Nov 27, 2011
New York
Hi all, and thanks for the replies :2cool:

I'm thinking I'll go with the ego-threaded version, since I might want to try something like a stardust someday, or add a decorative plinth to the bottom of the tank. I was pretty sure these were what I needed, I just wanted to make sure these adapters will work with the "spring-loaded" 510 connection I have on my lavatube.

So, thank you!

Also, I've heard stories about these things breaking, so I was thinking of getting at least two. Any input?

Thanks again! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread