Choosing Battery for your mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
C2C80BBD-DF5C-40EE-BE63-4F630457A6B2.jpeg
I don’t believe they make a 18650 battery with 5000 mah. Take a look @Mooch battery chart recommendations.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Is is possible to use a 5000mah 18650 battery in any removable battery mod ?
No, because there is no such thing as a 5000 mAh 18650. If someone tries to sell you such a thing, they are misrepresenting it.

Moreover, if such a cell did exist, it would have an exceedingly low discharge rating, and it would not be suitable for vaping, because vaping generally requires fairly high current.

Last edited:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
There are no 5000 mah batteries.. suitable for vaping.. unless you do that vaping at less than 3 amp draw.

Buy batts based on amp rating your vape requires.... mah is a secondary consideration. If u our battery can't Handle the load won't matter how many mah they have.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@Timshon111 Two blogs you should read to get you up to speed:

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
  • A popular and essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.

Are You Using a Rewrap (Rebranded or Aftermarket) Battery?

• Learn what a rewrap cell is. If you are using rebranded cells, does that mean it is inferior, poor quality, or even dangerous? Which batteries are suspected to be rebranded batteries?

I believe either Trustfire or Surefire or Ultra Fire make a 5000mah battery, but you don't want to use any battery with FIRE in the name. The rating is exaggerated (probably only 3000mah if that) and they have a bad reputation of making fire. Should only be used for flashlights.

:evil:

Last edited:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    View attachment 725809 I don’t believe they make a 18650 battery with 5000 mah. Take a look @Mooch battery chart recommendations.

That direct post got badly cropped, at least it does when I view it. Always best to just post the link. It ensures they get the latest version too as that directly posted table will be obsolete and whenever I update the table.

My 18650 ratings table has a large number of cells on it and is probably a better overview for what’s available.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    My 18650 ratings table has a large number of cells on it and is probably a better overview for what’s available.
    Never to be critical of you, Mooch, but if this is the ratings table that you are speaking about the lettering is far too small to be legible, at least on the computer screens that I use.

fb7bac83-9066-46c4-afb6-faabdfcb424a-jpeg.717643

EDIT: Never mind. I just figured out if you click on the image it enlarges it a lot. :blush: Duhh.

Last edited:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Never to be critical of you, Mooch, but if this is the ratings table that you are speaking about the lettering is far too small to be legible, at least on the computer screens that I use.

fb7bac83-9066-46c4-afb6-faabdfcb424a-jpeg.717643

EDIT: Never mind. I just figured out if you click on the image it enlarges it a lot. :blush: Duhh.

I have the line of bold red text saying to click on the table thumbnail to get the full size table but you are not the first person to try to read just the thumbnail. I think I’ll have to remove it.

Edit...nvm...too much trouble for me to deal with as adding a thumbnail is easiest. I enlarged the text though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread