Choosing the KR808D-1 as my introduction to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
I have been lurking for a while (lots to read on this forum) and feel a KR808D-1 would suit me. At this point I am not interested in refilling carts. I want a "two piece" e-cigarette - no fuss and no muss!

I am a Marlboro "Medium" smoker. The Marlboro "Reds" are okay too, but the Marlboro "Lights" are too light for my taste. I average 12 king-size "Marlboro Mediums" a day. I want to match the analog nicotine intake as closely as possible. If I make the wrong choice in cartomizers I will ingest more nicotine than I do now. Need advice here!

Any vendor recommendations (good price/fast shipping) for a KR808D-1 starter kit? Any suggestions for a two-piece model, that is not a KR808D-1 are also welcome!

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Welcome!
I think the kr8 is a great choice. That's what I started with (a vapor king from vapor4life) and I'm still happy with it. You may want to start with carto sampler packs, so that you have some options until you find what flavors you like. I agree that 24 mg is a good bet (because that's what i use) but you may want to have some lower mg for evenings or if you want to chain vape. Remember that there is a learning curve, so give yourself time to get used to the equipment.

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
Thanks for the speedy replies!
I see that they (V4L) have a kit with "2 Extra Long (380 mAh) batteries that last 8+ hours", and other kits with the regular length batteries. Do the longer batteries last MUCH longer? I see the only downside is that there is no PCC for the longer battery. I am looking to find out how many "cigarettes worth" does a V4L cartomizer last?

jay930

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
Maryland
Thanks for the speedy replies!
I see that they (V4L) have a kit with "2 Extra Long (380 mAh) batteries that last 8+ hours", and other kits with the regular length batteries. Do the longer batteries last MUCH longer? I see the only downside is that there is no PCC for the longer battery. I am looking to find out how many "cigarettes worth" does a V4L cartomizer last?

the extra long battery does last a long time almost all day for me (8-10 hours of moderate vaping). haow many cigarettes it worth it depends on how you are vaping but i would say maybe 10 cigarettes worth because i smoked a pack or a pack and a half a day now i am vaping 3 cartomizers a day

Kentworth

Apr 10, 2010
Las vegas Nevada
Vapor4Life is a great choice of vendors . Their KR-808 is a good model and it was my first choice also. Try the manual battery instead of or along with the automatic. It gives you more control of vapor intake and just seems to work better. You'll get used to pushing the button really quick. Good luck and let us know more about your experience!

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
Vapor4Life is a great choice of vendors . Their KR-808 is a good model and it was my first choice also. Try the manual battery instead of or along with the automatic. It gives you more control of vapor intake and just seems to work better. You'll get used to pushing the button really quick. Good luck and let us know more about your experience!
How is their KR808 a good model? Are all KR808s not created equally? In making the choice of a vendor for my starter kit, should I consider warranties over cost? I would imagine all parts except the cartomizers are under warranty. Someone mentioned SmokeTip, and they have a lifetime warranty. I am leaning towards V4L at the moment but they have a a 45-day guarantee.

Now I'm noticing mAhs can vary. If it's related to battery life, what is the range of mAh that is out there?

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
How is their KR808 a good model? Are all KR808s not created equally? In making the choice of a vendor for my starter kit, should I consider warranties over cost? I would imagine all parts except the cartomizers are under warranty. Someone mentioned SmokeTip, and they have a lifetime warranty. I am leaning towards V4L at the moment but they have a a 45-day guarantee.

Now I'm noticing mAhs can vary. If it's related to battery life, what is the range of mAh that is out there?

V4L is outstanding with their customer service - they are easy to reach, and will bend over backwards to solve problems.

I've been using their products for over two months with no problems whatsoever. I've read that their batteries are operating at a "true 3.7v", unlike generic KR8s which underperform slightly.

You can find more specific info in the welcome mat on their forum, found here:
Vapor4Life - E-Cigarette Forum

P.S. - I didn't want to refill carts at the beginning either, but their soft-tipped premium carts are so easy to fill that I've been saving a lot of money doing so, without a lot of hassle!

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
I went with the KR808D-1 as well. Using two of the standard batteries along with a PCC. I can usually get through most of the day one on battery and a cart lasts me almost a day and a half. Just ordered a manual battery as well since the autos seem to have a hard pull sometimes.
I will have to get a PCC as well. If I'm far from electricity, I'll freak. I may get an automatic to start, but for the beach or outdoors I'm thinking a manual battery is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread