• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Christian Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawnfox

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
KC, MO
I listen almost exclusively to Contemporary Christian music these days, and am always ready to learn of artists I'm unfamiliar with! So, (if you listen to it) what are your favorite bands/singers?

MercyMe is my absolute favorite (have every CD :) ). I also like Third Day, Jars of Clay, Avalon..... long list, and those are just bands. :D I used to listen to hard rock, so Decemberadio is good when I'm wanting something along those lines.

NicoNut

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia USA
Casting Crowns, 33 Miles, Nicol Sponberg (especially Resurrection!) She had quite a testimony also, if you ever get to see her in person. Selah (with her brother)

Paul Wilbur (The Watchman CD and Jerusalem Arise CD)

Mercy Me, 2 songs on DecemberRadio

and of course Third Day...Mac Powell goes to my church. Talk about a humble servant! He still goes to the high schoolers summer camp every year. No, not as the praise band, just to witness and counsel the kids. I could go on if I had more time!

and many others, the above are just some of my faves.

Thanks,
Julie

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
I like most Contemporary Christian music. I like southern gospel,some bluegrass gospel.
I love worship Contemporary Christian. Love to go to indie heaven to listen to the indie artists. The best gospel music to me is worship in Contemporary style. I also love some christian rock like Petra. I like Jimmy Swaggart singing. I have so much gospel music.
Love the Crabb Family in southern gospel. I just like most gospel music. I am not to fond of choir music. Hate rap christian music. I will take good Contemporary Christian worship music over any of the others.

Elwin

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Missouri, USA
Gosh, all of a sudden I feel really, really, old.

:)

I became a Christian during what some people call the "Jesus People" movement of the late 60's - early 70's. So the music that I tend to listen to are the oldies of CCM like: Larry Norman, Randy Stonehill, Phil Keaggy, Honeytree, 2nd Chapter of Acts, Love Song, etc.

And when it comes to lyrics, I don't think there's anyone that knows and interprepts the scriptures better than Michael Card.
His album set, "The Life" is the quintessential story of Jesus set to music.

My favorite worship music is the music I perform every sunday with the band.

I sit behind the piano, bang on the keys and sing my heart out praising and worshiping God.

Just seeing the Church sing along and dancing is so awesome!!

My favorite song is....

How Great is our God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doiiH2FkIO8

Last edited:

pwholmes

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN, US
I just looked up Hillsong on the internet and they have a lot of beautiful worship music 0-- I guess they're in Australia.

Years ago I heard a rendition of "O Holy Night" by Jon Anderson of "Yes." I fell in love with it but could never find it (before ITunes, the internet, all that). Now I've got it on my iPod and play it every so often. Jon Anderson has one of the most beautiful tenor voices ever given a man in my opinion.

Here's a link to a YouTube version:

YouTube - jon anderson - oh holy night

Paul

Wow, I never heard of the Crabb family before. The lead singer is amazing! Very annointed!!

It is a shame that out here in the north east, we don't get to hear much Christian music on the airwaves like you guys do down south in the Bible Belt.

The music we do hear are pretty much top 20 contemporary christian.

Thanks for introducing me to the Crabb Family. I will go on to itunes and see if I can find some of their CD's.

Remember Michael English? "Holding out hope to you". man, that was a great inspiring song. I have all his Cd's. It is just a shame that he got exposed the way he did which eventually made his successful singing career come to a complete halt and a struggle ever since. I think that although we hold Christian singers and role models to a very high standard, I feel that the Christian Music industry came down to hard on him. I mean, what ever happen to forgiveness, mercy and grace?

Here is a short clip.

YouTube - Michael English Holding out Hope

Last edited:
Guess I'm old fashioned, but I still prefer the old time gospel songs, particularly those with bluegrass roots. YouTube - Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - I`m ready to go!

There's another song that I love performed by Jerry and Tammy Sullivan and written by Marty Stuart and Jerry Sullivan called "Walking Through the Fire". Couldn't find a clip but here are the lyrics.

Way back in the bible, in the days of old
There were three men of God who had faith of solid gold
They were thrown into a furnace, and to the King’s concern
The flames were rolling high but God’s children wouldn’t burn
God’s children wouldn’t burn

In the midst of the fire, God himself revealed
The greatest of assurances they began to feel
The comfort of his touch within the roaring heat
They danced across the embers shoutin’ victory is so sweet
Victory is so sweet

When they were down in the valley, they reached a little higher
They prayed a little harder, while walkin’ through the fire
Then came the holy spirit, filled them with desire
Gave them wings of victory, to walk on through the fire

There’s days when I’m tempted, days when I’m tried
When I can’t find a ray of hope, thank God I’m sanctified
That’s all I need to know to get me through the day
When clouds of darkness cover up my way
Cover up my way

When I’m way down in the valley, I reached a little higher
I pray a little harder, while I’m walkin’ through the fire
Come on holy spirit, fill me with desire
Give me wings of victory, to walk on through the fire

So when you’re were down in the valley, reach a little higher
Pray little harder, while you’re walkin’ through the fire
God’s own holy spirit will fill you with desire
He’ll give you wings of victory, while you’re walking through the fire
While you’re walking through the fire
While you’re walking through the fire

Ain’t love a good thing, ain’t love a good thing
Ain’t love a good thing

Here's a link to Amazon if you want to hear a sample of this song. http://www.amazon.com/Tomorrow-Jerry-Sullivan-Tammy/dp/B00004S97V/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1240422115&sr=8-1

Last edited:

Mrs. CaSH

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2008
Nashville, TN
Here's my college choir singing the Hallelujah Chorus. It's actually the 3 college choirs combined into 1: University Choir and Orchestra (which I was in), Women's Choir, and Male Chorale.

YouTube - Hallelujah Chorus

And here's a picture of me and some friends in our Choir outfits. I know, they're really hot!!! haha. (I'm the one on the right)
choirpic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread