• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Christian Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that Choir was HUGE!! The orchestra..Perfect. I love orchestras. In junior High school and High school I played trumpet in orchestras, jazz bands, marching bands and pit bands (theater).

In college I majored in music then 3 years into it, I left to join the ranks of the NYPD (but that's another story)

Now I play in my Church band. I going to see if I can find some videos and/or pictures to post up as well.

Max

StudioKraft

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
NJ, USA
www.studiokraft.com
I have to take some new picks with my new keyboard rig once we finalize our move into a new building for our church.

Hi there Blue Knight,

I was going to ask what instrument you played in your Praise Band, but you answered that one already. ;) Your band is blessed to have you, our church's Praise Band does not have a keyboard and I think that it creates a bit of a hole in the overall sound without a keyboardist laying down some "pads" and "beds" and providing some melody. We can still praise and worship, though! (My Roland drum set has "Psalm 150:5" on the front) :)

On the topic of music, I'm "old school" as well I suppose, since I was brought up with Petra, Servant, Resurrection Band, Mylon LeFevre, DeGarmo and Key, Daniel Amos, Randy Stonehill, Bride, Gary S. Paxton and others.

I was thrilled when Stryper was introduced to me, and I gobbled up cassettes of Bloodgood, Believer, Deliverance, Barren Cross, Messiah Prophet and other Christian Metal bands, when it was easy to tell that a band was in fact a "Christian Band" and not a "Band of Christians". ;)

NicoNut

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia USA
Man! I wish I could listen to and see these clips!! Bluegrass..oh yeah! You go Kentucky Rejoice and Gep..I'm with you! Listening to BG since childhood. Saw Ricky Skaggs again last year. Heavy into it during my 20's, and was a professional clogger for years. I'm not talking square dance (although we did wear the funny little dresses at times!),this was more high kickin', fancy footwork, freestyling. Have you ever clogged or buck danced Max?! :)
woops...back on subject...bluegrass gospel -awesome!! or a good bluegrass band singing "Crying Holy Unto the Lord" acappello!
But I also still love our praise band at church doing contemporary and having the freedom to dance and praise to an audience of One!

..... I'm not talking square dance (although we did wear the funny little dresses at times!),this was more high kickin', fancy footwork, freestyling. Have you ever clogged or buck danced Max?! :)

Of course I do, but here in New York it's called...

Breakdancing!!:D

Last edited:
Nevermind...I checked it out and I don't think it's what you're looking for. Sorry.

Originally Posted by rejoice
can one somehow put music audio on forum? Maybe listen to sound clips.

You can record audio not as an mp3 but as a video file and upload it to you tube.

You tube accepts these video formats:
Windows Media Video(.avi)
.3GP (cell phones)
.AVI (windows)
.MOV (mac)
.MP4 (ipod/psp)
.MPEG
.FLV (adobe flash)
.SWF (shockwave flash)
.MKV (h.264)

With a basic video editing software Ex: Microsoft Movie maker, create a new video file in one of the above formats.

The video file consist of 2 things..Audio and video. Insert your audio file (song) into the audio track and use any picture as your video then render it.

Create your youtube account and upload from there.

Or....

If you have an online data sharing account, you can upload the songs there and then post the link here for others to click on to then go to your online data sharing site and download the song from there straight to their computers. The only problem with that is that it may violate the copyright laws in as much the same way the old Napster use to do.

Hope that helps.

Max

Last edited:

Tin Cup

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
NE Ohio
can one somehow put music audio on forum? Maybe listen to sound clips.

I can't help with how to put up audio clips, but I've got a suggestion - why not open another window and listen to a radio station online?

Here in Cleveland, Ohio we have WFHN, 95.5 FM (the FISH) . It's a great contemporary Christian station. Here's a link to it:

The FISH radio station. (Near the top left, click on "listen live".)

Maybe some others can list their favorite stations and we can share with each other in worship.

This is my first post on this forum, and it's really great to have a "safe" place to come where we can fellowship without all the hassle you get from non-believers. Thanks, Max!!!

I pray that the Lord will bless all of you richly today!

Tin Cup (aka Larry)

Last edited:

Tin Cup

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
NE Ohio
Man! I wish I could listen to and see these clips!! Bluegrass..oh yeah! You go Kentucky Rejoice and Gep..I'm with you! Listening to BG since childhood. Saw Ricky Skaggs again last year. Heavy into it during my 20's, and was a professional clogger for years. I'm not talking square dance (although we did wear the funny little dresses at times!),this was more high kickin', fancy footwork, freestyling. Have you ever clogged or buck danced Max?! :)
woops...back on subject...bluegrass gospel -awesome!! or a good bluegrass band singing "Crying Holy Unto the Lord" acappello!
But I also still love our praise band at church doing contemporary and having the freedom to dance and praise to an audience of One!

Hey there, NicoNut! Glad to see another bluegrass gospel fan here.

Ricky Skaggs is great! His version of "Hallelujah, I'm Ready to Go" is one of my all-time favorite songs.

When the Lord comes, maybe we can rejoice together in bluegrass style!!! ;)

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
g'day Christain vaporers:)

I'm new to this group and i thought i would just put my 2 cents in on this thread before i am gone for a week or 2 starting from today ..i am having new cable put in as i am changing my internet service provider. anyway i love the song 'Shout to the lord" i have it on CD, which i am unable to find at the moment :( but thats a great! song and i listen to it all the time, it picks me up when i am feeling blue when my day has not been all that i would have wished it to be. i can't recall who sings 'shout to the lord' it's on the CD cover which was a birthday present from my adopted parents.

I am happy to join this group and even happier that i was excepted:D ..i do like to joke around alot! "Its in my DNA" lol but if i say something in jest at anytime that you feel is inappropriate or offends you then please just let me know as i usually don't realize i have done so at the time, I only mention this because apparently i need to work on my joke making skills "So i am told':oops: Lol

So i will see you guys in a week or 2 when my new IP service is up and running, and if there are any good christian songs out there that i can download then please let me know about them or PM me any links, i like rock & roll, pop and many modern or classic music but there is nothing like good old godly music to lift you back up when all in my life seems at its lowest.

thanks guys and god bless!:)~Rick

Last edited:
g'day Christain vaporers:)

I'm new to this group and i thought i would just put my 2 cents in on this thread before i am gone for a week or 2 starting from today ..i am having new cable put in as i am changing my internet service provider. anyway i love the song 'Shout to the lord" i have it on CD, which i am unable to find at the moment :( but thats a great! song and i listen to it all the time, it picks me up when i am feeling blue when my day has not been all that i would have wished it to be. i can't recall who sings 'shout to the lord' it's on the CD cover which was a birthday present from my adopted parents.

I am happy to join this group and even happier that i was excepted:D ..i do like to joke around alot! "Its in my DNA" lol but if i say something in jest at anytime that you feel is inappropriate or offends you then please just let me know as i usually don't realize i have done so at the time, I only mention this because apparently i need to work on my joke making skills "So i am told':oops: Lol

So i will see you guys in a week or 2 when my new IP service is up and running, and if there are any good christian songs out there that i can download then please let me know about them or PM me any links, i like rock & roll, pop and many modern or classic music but there is nothing like good old godly music to lift you back up when all in my life seems at its lowest.

thanks guys and god bless!:)~Rick

Hi and thanks for joining the group!

Shout to the Lord is sung by "Hillsongs". I'm sure you can do a google search and find the CD still out there for sale. The name of the album I believe is also "Shout to the Lord".

On the first page of this thread is a you tube video titled "How Great is our God" that I posted. Although the song was originally composed and sung by Chris Tomlin, Hillsongs is seen here performing the song at Lakewood Church in Houston Texas.

Shout to the Lord used to be one of my favorites but How great is my God took the number one spot on my list.

See you when you get back.

God Bless,

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread