The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Christmas Shopping

Discussion in 'VaporBomb' started by Big Moe, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Big Moe

Big Moe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Me and the hubby have off work Friday so we are going to have a shopping day right after we drop the kids off.

2. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    almost done. I find buying early just means you buy more.....

3. mac63

mac63 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2014
    I finished for the stuff getting sent to the States and mailed all of it yesterday. Still haven't done much for here though.

4. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    That's awesome you have your stuff sent out. I'm waiting on a cell phone case for my dads wife and then I can get his stuff mailed out to FLorida.

5. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Anyone have kids they are buying for that are into the Minecraft stuff? My youngest son is very much into it but man that stuff is expensive!!!!

6. CountBoredom

CountBoredom ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Funny, since Minecraft started out as a free (in beta) computer game.

7. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    I cant believe the kids get into that stuff it looks like such and old fashion game. Then I found out kids are still into Pokémon,,,,,,,,,,,,,, man

8. CountBoredom

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Pokemon... That's something I'll never understand.

9. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Me neither they are a bunch of cards I have no idea what the heck they do with them. And they are not cheap either

10. Jomoke

Jomoke Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 16, 2012
    Connecticut
    About a month ago my son told me what he wanted for Xmas. I watched for sales and the next week I got him exactly what he wanted (plus some other stuff). I had all my shopping done two weeks ago except for some last minute stocking stuffers. This past Saturday I decided I might as well get everything wrapped.

So.....my son calls me last night and says "Ok, I know what I want for Xmas." I'm like WHAAAAAT? "Sorry, but my shopping's done and everything's already wrapped." Of course what he wants now is totally different from what he had told me a month ago!!! He says "but it's only the 15th......why can't you wait till the 20th to do your shopping!!!!!"

This is coming from someone who is known to do last minute shopping - like the day before Xmas shopping!!

My son is the total opposite of me - don't know where he gets it!

11. CountBoredom

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    I pulled the same thing on my parents--but at least I did it in the store! We were at Toys'R'Us (many, many, years ago...) and I showed my parents a Lego set that I liked. My mom made some excuse about have to go to the bathroom shortly thereafter. A couple of minutes later, I see another toy that I liked (a big set of something else). When my mom came back, my parents let me wander a little further down the aisle, quickly conferred, and then my mom left again. In an attempt to get me moving, my dad hustled me over to another department--but he didn't count on the view angles from that side and I caught a glimpse of my mom walking back with the Lego set. Sure enough, when Christmas came, I got the other set... from Santa. Ooops!

12. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    That is too funny............

My daughter Mattea did that to me the other day. She wanted the All Star Converse white high top tennis shoes. I guess they are coming back in style or at least for her. I mentioned to her that they would be hard to keep clean especially in the winter but of course she is a teenager and knows best. 2 days ago after Im all done she says she actually forgot to tell me she changed her mind wanted the low top black converse because the white will probably get dirty..I never got that memo until today. Oh well - white will have to go into the closet for spring

13. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio

LOL good thing you only changed your mind once. I did do a layaway back in September for the younger kids they usually keep interest with things at least for awhile so at that time my youngest daughter wanted Monster High stuff. I think we got the layaway out at the end of October. Sitting at the dining room table a few weeks later I hear her telling her sister that she doesn't like Monster High anymore nobody plays with those and the new thing is Ever After High Dolls soooo I was in the return line and prayed by December that didn't change again and luckily it did not.

14. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    My daughter received some gift cards so the only thing worse than the day before Christmas shopping is the day after!

15. CountBoredom

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Ugh. I stopped at the mall today for lunch (it's across the street from the post office) and it was still filled with people milling around looking lost--although the parking wasn't as bad.

16. mac63

mac63 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2014
    Just the average mall zombies

17. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    You should have seen the Starbucks line......................wow!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.