Christmas Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomoke

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Connecticut
About a month ago my son told me what he wanted for Xmas. I watched for sales and the next week I got him exactly what he wanted (plus some other stuff). I had all my shopping done two weeks ago except for some last minute stocking stuffers. This past Saturday I decided I might as well get everything wrapped.

So.....my son calls me last night and says "Ok, I know what I want for Xmas." I'm like WHAAAAAT? "Sorry, but my shopping's done and everything's already wrapped." Of course what he wants now is totally different from what he had told me a month ago!!! He says "but it's only the 15th......why can't you wait till the 20th to do your shopping!!!!!"

This is coming from someone who is known to do last minute shopping - like the day before Xmas shopping!!

My son is the total opposite of me - don't know where he gets it!

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
About a month ago my son told me what he wanted for Xmas. I watched for sales and the next week I got him exactly what he wanted (plus some other stuff). I had all my shopping done two weeks ago except for some last minute stocking stuffers. This past Saturday I decided I might as well get everything wrapped.

So.....my son calls me last night and says "Ok, I know what I want for Xmas." I'm like WHAAAAAT? "Sorry, but my shopping's done and everything's already wrapped." Of course what he wants now is totally different from what he had told me a month ago!!! He says "but it's only the 15th......why can't you wait till the 20th to do your shopping!!!!!"

This is coming from someone who is known to do last minute shopping - like the day before Xmas shopping!!

I pulled the same thing on my parents--but at least I did it in the store! We were at Toys'R'Us (many, many, years ago...) and I showed my parents a Lego set that I liked. My mom made some excuse about have to go to the bathroom shortly thereafter. A couple of minutes later, I see another toy that I liked (a big set of something else). When my mom came back, my parents let me wander a little further down the aisle, quickly conferred, and then my mom left again. In an attempt to get me moving, my dad hustled me over to another department--but he didn't count on the view angles from that side and I caught a glimpse of my mom walking back with the Lego set. Sure enough, when Christmas came, I got the other set... from Santa. Ooops!

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com

That is too funny............

My daughter Mattea did that to me the other day. She wanted the All Star Converse white high top tennis shoes. I guess they are coming back in style or at least for her. I mentioned to her that they would be hard to keep clean especially in the winter but of course she is a teenager and knows best. 2 days ago after Im all done she says she actually forgot to tell me she changed her mind wanted the low top black converse because the white will probably get dirty..I never got that memo until today. Oh well - white will have to go into the closet for spring

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
I pulled the same thing on my parents--but at least I did it in the store! We were at Toys'R'Us (many, many, years ago...) and I showed my parents a Lego set that I liked. My mom made some excuse about have to go to the bathroom shortly thereafter. A couple of minutes later, I see another toy that I liked (a big set of something else). When my mom came back, my parents let me wander a little further down the aisle, quickly conferred, and then my mom left again. In an attempt to get me moving, my dad hustled me over to another department--but he didn't count on the view angles from that side and I caught a glimpse of my mom walking back with the Lego set. Sure enough, when Christmas came, I got the other set... from Santa. Ooops!

LOL good thing you only changed your mind once. I did do a layaway back in September for the younger kids they usually keep interest with things at least for awhile so at that time my youngest daughter wanted Monster High stuff. I think we got the layaway out at the end of October. Sitting at the dining room table a few weeks later I hear her telling her sister that she doesn't like Monster High anymore nobody plays with those and the new thing is Ever After High Dolls soooo I was in the return line and prayed by December that didn't change again and luckily it did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread