Chrome plated Brass concern - real or not to worry about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I have read different things about chrome plated brass topper clones. I have a rocket (kayfun clone from FT) which I have yet to use because I am unsure about the possible ill effects of chrome plated brass parts. Is it not safe to vape with? Some folks say chrome plated brass just wont last as long as SS. Others say it is not safe for possible leaching in e juice. Please help. If it is not safe - can you please suggest a vendor I can get a kayfun clone from that is SS. Thanks as always....

bilbobaggins30

Vapin' Hobbit
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Shire
Personally me, I don't trust clones or anything the Chinese make. But that is my opinion. Too many times has China lacked on quality control, and they tend to use unsafe products. I trust the innovators, because they too use the products they make, and they only use high quality materials because of this, like food Grade stainless steel or medical grade. I am not trying to start a battle.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
well it depends on the metal, the way it is used and how worried you are.
for starters the actual belief is that brass when heated can leech led (which is used in some manufacturing processes)

many attys in use now and in the past have used chrome plated brass and not too many seemed concerned with them.
most of the water fittings in your house if not copper are in fact brass.

for me i think the point would be is it just in the atty? or is the whole atty, even the parts in the juice chromed brass?.

i would think unless subohming the crap out of an atty making it superhot all the time it probably isnt an issue in normal usage.. most of the times the only real complaining I see is when people are led to believe the atty is stainless and it is not.

it will come down to you how safe do you feel using it?
i think we are exposed potentially to more led in our daily lives then the small amount that "may" come from an atty.
I have a taifun clone right now that is plated and the juice doesnt actually sit in that part so im not to worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread