Chrome Vtube and Mini Vivi Nova Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonKing

Feb 27, 2012
Scotland, UK
Sorry I've had to start a new thread, but other threads I've seen addressing this issue seem to have been closed.

I have the new model Apollo Vtube which I use with 4 identical mini Vivi Novas. 2 of the Vivi Novas vape perfectly well when connected directly to the Vtube, however the other 2 don't and I need to use a 510/510 adapter which looks unsightly and annoys me for some weird reason.

There's a blog on here somewhere where Orachel suggests an ego 3.5 DCT cone which fixes this problem, and looks nice. So I bought one, but now the tanks don't fit. Perhaps I bought the wrong cone? I bought cone E from Custom eGo Cone/plinth - Cloud 9 Vaping

After I bought it, I've read that others have had success with types B and C. But they're all pretty much the same size, so does anyone know what's going on. Don't want to buy another cone if I'm going to end up with the same problem. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Maybe the center pin on the Apollo is down to far and not making contact with the pin on the novas? You can pull the pin up with a dentist pick or something of the like and see if that helps. If you look down at the connector you should see the center pin then a rubber grommet that keeps it from making contact with the outer threads/connector. I would suggest taking a look at that and get back to me. I attached some photos of my Lavatube and some cartos to show the difference in center pin length. This caused me to have problems with connection sometimes and I have to pull my center pin upward as I told you to try.

IMAG0382.jpg IMAG0385.jpg IMAG0386 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread