Chuck Battery Conditioning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek5L

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Austin, TX
Hey Chuckers,

Any and all feedback is welcome here. I have heard that conditioning all types of batteries for all types of electronics helps prolong the life and performance of batteries. True or not for Chucks? If so, how do YOU do it? Lets help each other out. I am thinking charge all the way, dead it out, then charge as normal. Yes? No? Why or why not, and for what model of battery?

hecknaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
north fla
i know what your saying, but i only know of what seem to work for me! i keep 4 18650's in rotation,change out every 2 days (so far none have ever been depleated of charge!)put it on the charger/wait for green light. and back in line it goes. just how long they will last doing it this way? don't have any idea,if a battery stops working for what ever reason,i'll just put a new battery in the rotation! I'm not up on tech. stuff, heck the charger and batteries i got came with no instructions!! so i'm not so sure of the proper how too's.

cpcp68

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Hi Derek,

the batteries we use are Li-ion and do not require conditioning. It is actually bad to deep-discharge them: some irreversible chemistry happens and the battery is made unusable. Conditioning was used for NiMH batteries and older Ni-Cd. That is not our case.

Just charge regularly your batteries, I do not think there is much more you can do.

best.

hecknaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
north fla
Hi Derek,

the batteries we use are Li-ion and do not require conditioning. It is actually bad to deep-discharge them: some irreversible chemistry happens and the battery is made unusable. Conditioning was used for NiMH batteries and older Ni-Cd. That is not our case.

Just charge regularly your batteries, I do not think there is much more you can do.

best.
Yep!! dats what i'ma talk'n bout,it wood jut takes me all day to types it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread