Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
ConAir-Mod.jpg
Several weeks ago there was a post regarding a mod using a dollar store personal grooming tool, and I dug around in my junk pile(s) to retrieve a ConAir trimmer whose motor sounded like the burnout lane at the Winternationals.
Here's the result using some parts from madvapes and a few otherwise-known-as-junk pieces that I can never bear to throw away.
I've even incorporated the original On/Off switch to serve as the master cut-off.
I used:
510 battery connector from madvapes
Tactile pushbutton switch, also from Madvapes
14500 Battery from, yeah, Madvapes
Brass strip conductor from an old flourescent light fixture (Told ya I don't throw anything away) to tie in the original switch.
About a quart, give or take, of hotmelt glue.
Sorry about no picture of the innards, but I was so impatient to get this fired up, I snapped the case halves back together too soon, and I was fearful that another attempt at disassembly would have broken some of the more delicate plastic catches inside. If it needs to be split open at some future date, there's always duct tape. :D

ConAir-Mod.jpg
ConAir-Mod.jpg

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
Yes, but the real test is... ...can you remove the atomizer and attach a nose hair trimmer for those uncomfortable impromptu encounters? Hmmmmmmmm?

Seriously, though, very slick. Nice work!

That was good... :lol:

It should also hold some breath spray in the bottom of it.

Hey what the hell ever happened to breath spray anyway? I never see it anymore, now that I think of it, it's been years since I've seen any in stores. Probably gum and tic-tacs are the new breath spray... weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread