Cig-a-like newbies.....this is a thread for ALL of you, not just SmokeStik users....come chat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hello Newbies and veteran cig-a-like users too! Since SmokeStik is the only cig-a-like that I know of with a forum at ECF we decided to open it up to ALL cig-a-like users....no matter what brand you use. Because there really is no place on ECF that you can get friendly, helpful advice about using YOUR product and not be made to feel you should be vaping something "real". This might get a little tricky since obviously everyone thinks their own product is the best. But this for sure is not a marketing trick to get you to switch to SmokeStik.....this is about not smoking cigarettes or using tobacco. If you are happy with what you are using and would just like to be able to chat with other people using a similair product....this is the place.

I will off generic support and advice to the best of my ability but I can't give you customer support for another brand of ecig. And there will be just one simple rule here....respect each other and respect the product they use. Brand bashing will not be allowed. Feel free to pimp your brand all you want......as long as it's friendly and fun.

My promise to you is that I will never try to talk you into staying with a cig a like if it's apparent that you are not satisfied and are craving tobacco. I will be happy to help you figure out what kind of product is best for you .

So........any takers?????? Or is this destined to fall by the wayside? Tell us your story!!!!

FaceHole

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Portland Or
I use cig style auto batteries exclusivley when I leave the house. I carry three bats and some 510 super shorty cartos in a small container. I use 1.7 ohm to get a suitable amount of vapor. Using the low resistance cartos was key to getting the cigalike style to work well for me.

I use some seriously great liquids like nicoticket H1N1, Radioactive, and Frenilla or Steam Co. GR. These juices have been working great in the cig style setup and are indispensable in keeping me away from cigarettes. Using a liquid that performs well in cartomizers is just as much an important part of success with cigalikes as using the right hardware. Nicoticket juices in particular maintain a full flavor profile thru the minimal potential of a cigalike setup.

If your cig style setup isnt giving you your fix, lower the resistance of your cartomizers and try some top notch juice.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Thanks FaceHole...that is great advice for people who refill their cartos. What do you think it is about those particular liquids that makes it so well suited to cartos? This is a HUGE topic btw.....and the main reason so many people move away from cigalikes....lack of flavor as well as lack luster vapor production from cartos.

Also,,,,do you have any tips on how to keep your batteries going? SmokeStik is probably the only company with a no hassle lifetime warranty ...but of course there is a catch. ;) You can't be refilling the cartos if you want free battery replacements because so many people don't really know how to refill without ruining the battery. So what method do you use to protect the batteries? Or do you even care? Do you just buy new batteries when they die?

Thanks for stopping by. :)

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Hello Newbies and veteran cig-a-like users too! Since SmokeStik is the only cig-a-like that I know of with a forum at ECF we decided to open it up to ALL cig-a-like users....no matter what brand you use. Because there really is no place on ECF that you can get friendly, helpful advice about using YOUR product and not be made to feel you should be vaping something "real". This might get a little tricky since obviously everyone thinks their own product is the best. But this for sure is not a marketing trick to get you to switch to SmokeStik.....this is about not smoking cigarettes or using tobacco. If you are happy with what you are using and would just like to be able to chat with other people using a similair product....this is the place.

I will off generic support and advice to the best of my ability but I can't give you customer support for another brand of ecig. And there will be just one simple rule here....respect each other and respect the product they use. Brand bashing will not be allowed. Feel free to pimp your brand all you want......as long as it's friendly and fun.

My promise to you is that I will never try to talk you into staying with a cig a like if it's apparent that you are not satisfied and are craving tobacco. I will be happy to help you figure out what kind of product is best for you .

So........any takers?????? Or is this destined to fall by the wayside? Tell us your story!!!!

I believe the Cig-a-like products (Quality ones like SmokeStik) are the gateway to vaping for the smoker. I can see these products can still evolve to provide an even better experience for soon to be X smokers and veterans alike. Thanks for doing such a thread. :)

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
my smoke stik would make it easy to get off real cigs..it is so much better then when I stopped smoking and started again because my $100 little battery had little vapor. things sure have changed and all smokers should at least try a disposable!!

I always was a little suspicious of throw aways. So many of them available in convenience or fast food stores were of poor quality. I am pleased to see more quality ones hitting the market from reputable manufactures. I totally agree this is the best way for a smoker to try things out without a huge investment.

scartn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
tn, usa
I think a lot of people shy away from cigalikes because they don't think it will fill their nic needs. Cigalikes seem to get a bad rep. especially on the fourms.

The SmokeStik disposable (thank you for the samples :2cool:) is my first cigalike and they work just as well as the standard ego type. I see no reason why a rechargeable cigalike with a refillable cart cannot fill the needs of most people looking to quit smoking. I also think cigalikes look less dangerous to nonsmokers and smokers around us. I don't really understand the trend towards the bigger and bigger mods. I think as more people find out how well cigalikes, like SmokeStik, really work the trend will change to smaller, less intrusive, ecigs. I think the cigalikes fill the bill.

I hope as new members that do a search on cigalikes will read these good post and at least give them a try.

scartn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
tn, usa
I always was a little suspicious of throw aways. So many of them available in convenience or fast food stores were of poor quality. I am pleased to see more quality ones hitting the market from reputable manufactures. I totally agree this is the best way for a smoker to try things out without a huge investment.

I was the same way.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
I was the same way.

I am anxious to try the SmokeStik disposables. I will report what I think. If they are good quality this could be a good transition device for the tobacco smoker. I have seen some disposables in large lots. Some people may prefer them to charging batteries and changing cartomizers.

SmokeStik Disposable

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
I think a lot of people shy away from cigalikes because they don't think it will fill their nic needs. Cigalikes seem to get a bad rep. especially on the fourms.

The SmokeStik disposable (thank you for the samples :2cool:) is my first cigalike and they work just as well as the standard ego type. I see no reason why a rechargeable cigalike with a refillable cart cannot fill the needs of most people looking to quit smoking. I also think cigalikes look less dangerous to nonsmokers and smokers around us. I don't really understand the trend towards the bigger and bigger mods. I think as more people find out how well cigalikes, like SmokeStik, really work the trend will change to smaller, less intrusive, ecigs. I think the cigalikes fill the bill.

I hope as new members that do a search on cigalikes will read these good post and at least give them a try.

This sounds like good news for soon to be X-Smokers!

webrx

Feb 23, 2014
Reno, NV
Nice thread,

I am a noob, smoked for 40 years and been off the stinky sticks since January 9, 2013. Started with a Greensmartliving cigalike starter kit, bought a second, still use them both, bought a couple 510 manual batteries and have been experimenting with different clearomizers, refilling cartos, etc.

To me, a cigalike is what I like to use most, they are similar to smoking, small, easy to carry, etc. Now, if I can just find the right refillable clearo or carto.

I have tried refilling the cartos that came with mine, obviously I have bought a few 5packs of refills, tried Vision Nanos and Kanger T4s, they work, the nanos have a tight draw and don't produce a lot of vapor, the T4s have a plastic taste to them. Refilling cartos works, but, eventually the get kinda harsh even after cleaning.

I am open to other options, 510 threaded, small profile, etc.

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Nice thread,

I am a noob, smoked for 40 years and been off the stinky sticks since January 9, 2013. Started with a Greensmartliving cigalike starter kit, bought a second, still use them both, bought a couple 510 manual batteries and have been experimenting with different clearomizers, refilling cartos, etc.

To me, a cigalike is what I like to use most, they are similar to smoking, small, easy to carry, etc. Now, if I can just find the right refillable clearo or carto.

I have tried refilling the cartos that came with mine, obviously I have bought a few 5packs of refills, tried Vision Nanos and Kanger T4s, they work, the nanos have a tight draw and don't produce a lot of vapor, the T4s have a plastic taste to them. Refilling cartos works, but, eventually the get kinda harsh even after cleaning.

I am open to other options, 510 threaded, small profile, etc.

Thanks

Dave

Indeed Dave. They work and keep on working. Still use mine from time to time although batteries have about given up the ghost!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I am anxious to try the SmokeStik disposables. I will report what I think. If they are good quality this could be a good transition device for the tobacco smoker. I have seen some disposables in large lots. Some people may prefer them to charging batteries and changing cartomizers.

SmokeStik Disposable

Although I'm into "other things" at home (IBTanked, MVP2, etc.) I still find it most convenient to just put a couple disposables in my pocket to head out the door into the world.

But...WOW...these SmokeStik Disposables are quite expensive!

SmokeStik Disposable...200 puffs...$12.95 each

White Cloud Fling...400 puffs...$39.95/10 (+$5.99 ship/order)

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Although I'm into "other things" at home (IBTanked, MVP2, etc.) I still find it most convenient to just put a couple disposables in my pocket to head out the door into the world.

But...WOW...these SmokeStik Disposables are quite expensive!

SmokeStik Disposable...200 puffs...$12.95 each

White Cloud Fling...400 puffs...$39.95/10 (+$5.99 ship/order)

There have been a few posts about travelers headed for countries that my have laws restricting vaping. If there was a possibility of items being seized The wise move would be to leave the big stuff at home and take disposables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread