Cigar liquid - Black and Mild Milds. Help, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
I've never smoked Black and Milds and I'm not a tobacco-flavored liquid vaper, so I need some help with this. I know there are some tobacco/cigar enthusiasts out there who have tried tons of tobacco flavors. I know Backwoods Brew, Halo, and AVE are all highly recommended.

I want to get a 0 Nic juice for my husband. He is not a smoker, has never tried my PV, but has some interest in trying to find a liquid that he might enjoy. He only puffs on Black and Mild Milds. Pretty often, but he doesn't inhale, claims no addiction to nic, and I'm not sure if TH is really going to matter to him, but I already know he is going to be picky about flavor :blink:.

So, of the 3 companies mentioned, since apparently a couple of them use actual tobacco extract ( not sure on this ), can anyone list a flavor that might go over well with a Black and Milds Mild smoker? I know, I know, taste is subjective, nothing tastes like burning tobacco, etc, etc... but I don't even know what a Black and Mild really tastes like. I just know the smell is sweet in a nauseating kind of way when he's smoking one. Though being the wonderful woman that I am, I have never mentioned the nauseating smell to him :p

He notices if anything smells or tastes slightly "off", so I'm most interested in vendors that use actual tobacco extracts or at least have liquids that don't have an overly fake-flavoring taste.

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
I would suggest trying want2vape.
They use tobacco extraction and some of the flavors I have tried are AWESOME.

I don't think they have Black and Mild though.:confused:

You might like some of their other cigar flavors though.
I'm not really a cigar flavor vaper, but have heard people rave about their cigar flavors.

Here's their website: want2vape E Liquid

Good luck!

Pete

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I guess I'm one of the people that actually used to smoke Black-n-Milds the whole time. So, I KNOW how they're supposed to taste and I can honestly let you know that your not gonna find anything that is remotely similar. I've heard people rave about certain ones from Crystal Clear Vaping or Clouds of Vapor.

You could get some of that stuff and see how he likes them. I wouldn't suggest extracted/macerated tobacco's since there is only a small fraction of vapers that like them. It's an acquired taste to say the least. I'm just a cig & cigar smoker and so, what do I know.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
I had forgotten what site it was but I was thinking about blondie because I've seen a lot of good reviews on it. Thanks for the want2vape suggestions. I guess I'll order him small sizes from a few different places.

washvap - really? from the reviews on here from time to time, it seems like some people go crazy over the extracted tobacco liquids. maybe it's just a few that tend to give lots of reviews : ) i might grab a sample of one of those types, but also some regular tobacco liquids to see which he likes. if nothing else, it gives me a chance to try more tobacco flavors as well. when i first started vaping, i had tobacco from totally wicked and i liked it, but my tastes changed pretty quickly. now i stay as far away from tobacco flavors as possible. i have one unopened bottle that's 6 months old that i still won't try because it smells like soy sauce.

I was talking to him about this last night and he told me " Find one that tastes as close to Black and Mild Milds as you can," and I was trying to explain to him that most likely isn't going to happen because nothing tastes like burning tobacco. Oh, well. If we try a few and he doesn't like them, I guess he will just continue with his smoking habit. It doesn't really bother me, it's just that Black N Milds are starting to get expensive.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
I guess I'm one of the people that actually used to smoke Black-n-Milds the whole time. So, I KNOW how they're supposed to taste and I can honestly let you know that your not gonna find anything that is remotely similar. I've heard people rave about certain ones from Crystal Clear Vaping or Clouds of Vapor.

You could get some of that stuff and see how he likes them. I wouldn't suggest extracted/macerated tobacco's since there is only a small fraction of vapers that like them. It's an acquired taste to say the least. I'm just a cig & cigar smoker and so, what do I know.

have you tried ccv's or cov's black and mild?

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
COV's Black and Mild tastes EXACTLY like an unlit Black & Mild smells. That's the closest I've come across, although DIY Flavorshack sells one that is good in its own right. Smoking a B&M, of course, tastes like nothing so much as smoke, which (as of yet) has not really been accurately replicated in e-juice.

I've quit the analogs for 4 months now. Two months ago I was sitting on the deck out back talking on the phone. Not realizing what I was doing, I took out one of my wife's analogs that were laying on the table, (My old brand.)lit it up and took a deep drag without thinking. OMFG! What the H$$$ am I doing!

But you know what?

It tasted just like ashtray all the way! Here I am chasing the perfect analog taste when they actually taste just like licking an ashtray!

I think in the 2 months I had stopped using analogs my sense of taste and smell came back. My mind had this skewed sense of what an analog should taste like that wasn't really based on reality but ruined taste buds and lack of smell!

I think we start to chase a moving target as soon as we stop using analogs.

Pete

CapableVapable

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
U.S.
You're absolutely right. For months, I sneered and rolled my eyes when people on the forums would talk about how terrible cigarettes tasted and "why would you EVER want something that tastes like ashtray and burning paper???!" I was just like...Well, I dunno, but I do. Sorry, I guess I was the only one who actually enjoyed smoking.

Then it happened. I wanted to try a cigarette just to remember what it was like. It was really eye-opening to realize that I HATED it. It was like going into a kitchen where something is burning and just inhaling the smoke. Really weird, but now I finally understood that replicating an actual cigarette in e-juice was not only something that was probably impossible, but undesirable as well (for those who have long made the switch, anyway).

One of the biggest surprises, though, was that a cigarette has almost no throat hit when you're used to vaping. This was a Marlboro Red and it was like smoking air. Actually not sure how I feel about that revelation, but it was very surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread