Status
Not open for further replies.

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
Here's my brief review of the suppliers I've done business with so far:

Cignot - 8/10 - Very Good.
Order was correct. Shipped and arrived as quickly as it could. All parts worked properly. No freebees, prices slightly higher than other places.

Tasty Vapor - 10/10 - Excellent.
Order was correct. Shipped quickly considering it is custom mixed upon order. Extra mixing bottle was included free with my first order, which was perfect because I had nothing to mix the doubler in. Prices are good when you use the doublers and the product quality is outstanding.

VaporBomb - 9/10 - Excellent.
I'd love to give them 10/10 but can't because I didn't like the product.
Order was correct. Shipped and arrived as quickly as it could. I did not like their juice, at all. That said, they sent a free blueberry juice sample and free poly fill with the order. Upon seeing my comments about not liking the juice elsewhere on this forum, they PM'ed me of their own accord and made an offer (I won't disclose here for fear of triggering others to expect it) to try and satisfy me.

It was not their fault I did not like the juice and it was extremely good of them to do that anyway. So, even though I did not like the juice (none of it), these guys have the best service and attitude of any company I have ever dealt with for any product.

Totally Wicked - 6/10 - Good.
Order was correct. Shipped and arrived as quickly as it could. 2/2 attys included in the Tornado kit were defective (but not DOA). I had to send them back, but TW did send me 2 working replacement attys in a reasonable time. So quality control was weak, and prices a bit higher than others, but overall they did right by me.

Litecigusa - 4/10 - Poor (one step above rip-off) EDIT: I said this so you would not think "Poor" = "rip-off" but people took it to mean just that apparently.
This place charged my card for the order, then completely lost both my order and my account on their website. Word was there was a server crash. After having nothing but an email receipt a day or two after the expected arrival date I contacted them and was told to email a copy of my receipt (what if I had deleted it...or had a "PC crash"?). After that it was shipped and arrived in good time.

The order was for a passthrough, AC>USB adapter, and 2 attys. The order arrived incorrectly and only contained one atty of two, and the AC>USB adapter is a weak, useless, little 500mA one that won't run much besides a usb charger. There were no freebees or extras even after they had screwed up the order twice.

I sent yet another email about the missing atty and received no response, but eventually the atomizer was reluctantly shipped and arrived in working order. I put a review of the AC>USB adapter being only 500 mA on litecigusa's site for people who may want a better one, as I did. The review was deleted, and after the fact, the following specs for the crappy adapter were added to it's description:

"These adaptors are only 500ma output. They are not strong enough to run a USB Passthrough, but work great for using a usb charger to charge batteries."

Last edited:

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
("PC Crash", one good reason to use a Gmail account or similar for purchases. [Maybe another for signing up for "Free credit reports" or similar, but rarely check this one]. 1+ GB of archived e-mail not in one place say Outlook, or Thunderbird, but Gmail's archive too too.)

THANKS FOR THE REVIEWS!

I know where I am definitely NOT going.

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
I back up all my stuff usually, but you know...what if. How do you run a business and lose all traces of an order you billed for?!?!

Anyway, I tried to be as fair and honest as I could about the reviews, but I must admit Litecigusa left me a bit annoyed even though they did eventually do me right.

Vaporbomb on the other hand, was perfect all around other than my personal distaste for the juice (though most people seem to love it) and even after the fact trying to make me happy in ways that were unfair to them! Can not beat that.

Harleymedic53

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Appleton, Wisconsin
Wow i'm sorry to hear how litecigusa screwed up your order.. I order tons of stuff from them i found they have pretty decient prices for most things. and free shipping on orders over 15bucks sounds good to me. orders always came in within 3 days for me which i thought was fair and they havn't forgot any product in my orders. Now i'm not totally backing up just them i order from other suppliers all the time. It just depends on what i need and what supplier will give me the things i need for the right price plus shipping. Like i said before i don't want to sound like i'm praising them or saying that their "the god of suppliers" or anything because i'm not. I'm just saying i've had pretty decient service.

shawnp1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
really so the fact a server of volusion crashed, which is well out of my hands as thats who hosts the site. there was no record of it all on my end. im sorry missed the atomizer, and there was no reluctancy at all to ship the missed atomizer whatsoever. oh and you order was more then likely shipped priority bc of the mistake for free too. im not perfect never said i was. people make mistakes. your problems were clearly rectified. as for the adaptor it states on the site they are not for usb passthroughs.

shawnp1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
ohh an if you had lost the email all you would of had to do was just tell me what you ordered and i would shipped it right. yes you could of even lied and said you ordered more then you did. i still would of shipped it as there was no record of any transaction at all my end.

Last edited:

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Hey! I ordered a Thermo and never got it!!! ... Just kidding :). LitecigUSA has always been great for me and never had any problems with them. I would not hesitate to order from Shawn. Funny though, I have had nothing but good experiences with TW also, and everyone bashes them throughout this forum. In fact I haven't had a bad experience with any retailer as of yet that couldn't be resolved with a simple email or phone call.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
I bought the 510 carto's from LitCigUSA.
When I got my package, I checked out one as it was the 1st time I had used them (carto's for the 510).
DEAD.. Didn't do a darn thing, so I decided to check everything in the carto box. All the others worked and I sent an email to LitCig to ask about the DOA.
I got an answer within a day and was told that since they are throw aways, there wasn't any warranty, but he WAS going to send me one to replace the one DOA.
I got my replacement from him and when I opened the mail, it was a whole new box of carto's.
Not only did I think I was going to get just one carto, but I got the whole 5 pcs!
I was like, WOW, that was way beyond CS and was happy about it.
I really only needed the one, but a new pack?
That goes a long way with me and would really like to see more flav's..
That was GREAT of you Shawn.. But hey, like I said, that does go a long way with me and when I need more, warranty or not, I know where to go..
TY..

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
You did get your order shipped and all accounted for. It seems very harsh to call a supplier one step above a ripoff just because there was a problem with one order.

Shawn and LiteCigUSA have always been known( in my time here)
for very low prices. free shipping and excellent customer service. I know he has many happy repeat customers.

Shawn has stated he is able to keep his prices low because he doesn't offer "freebies".

I've also ordered from other vendors and never got extras or freebies when the order wasn't right or hardware didn't work.

I've ordered from him before and I will again.

Last edited:

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
id like to just add here that ive seen "fanboys" on forums defending suppliers to the ground when customers had real and proper complaints and they got this kind of response...however i can ALMOST understand it when you get this type of post from someone who is misinformed and didnt do their homework before making a purchase and having no consideration for things that are beyond the control of a supplier...sigh...

kackourey

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Warminster Pa
Litecigusa - 4/10 - Poor (one step above rip-off).
This place charged my card for the order, then completely lost both my order and my account on their website. Word was there was a server crash. After having nothing but an email receipt a day or two after the expected arrival date I contacted them and was told to email a copy of my receipt (what if I had deleted it...or had a "PC crash"?). After that it was shipped and arrived in good time.

The order was for a passthrough, AC>USB adapter, and 2 attys. The order arrived incorrectly and only contained one atty of two, and the AC>USB adapter is a weak, useless, little 500mA one that won't run much besides a usb charger. There were no freebees or extras even after they had screwed up the order twice.

I sent yet another email about the missing atty and received no response, but eventually the atomizer was reluctantly shipped and arrived in working order. I put a review of the AC>USB adapter being only 500 mA on litecigusa's site for people who may want a better one, as I did. The review was deleted, and after the fact, the specs for the crappy adapter were added to it's description.

"These adaptors are only 500ma output. They are not strong enough to run a USB Passthrough, but work great for using a usb charger to charge batteries."

If you read through the forums you will notice your one of the few to have any issue at all. Litecigusa is FAR from a ripoff...just because there was a random crash that made your order difficult doesnt mean you gotta go bashing them.

And those ac adaptors are the same thing i bought that was labelled to charge a USB device. Running a passthrough and charging a device are 2 TOTALLY different things

Tachion

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Northeast
Sounds like something that was out of Shawn's control. It's really unfair to call his company a ripoff when it wasn't his fault.

Also, when you mention that you didn't get any "extras" in your package, even though the order was messed up, you sound like you were entitled to get something free. Does he give out stuff when mistakes happen? From what I've heard from everyone else, yes. But you shouldn't -expect- something for free. That seriously hurts the credibility of your review.

I have ordered from him at least 5 times now and never once had a problem. He is in my top 3 list of suppliers I will always go to.

Last edited:

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
an apology from the OP would be nice...not only for the supplier but for all the other people who have legitimate complaints who get bulldozed because posts like this happen...:evil: and because countless people felt strongly enough to post bout the topic at least an explanation would be nice...sorry goes a long way

jwquantrell

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Auburn, WA
I really liked this review summary and wish that I saw more of them. As stated many times before, mistakes can and will happen. How the vendor handles them is what is important to me. I would like to think that I am intelligent enough to read the review and figure out whether it was handled in the way that I would have liked, had it been me.
Based on this review I would have no problem with ordering from Litecigusa. I can distinguish what was his fault and what wasn't, and IMHO he took care of the issues that he was responsible for. I don't really need to see glowing reviews from others as a counterpoint to make my decision either.

Regards
Jim

Amajn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
New York
www.gloryvapes.com
I want to add I have been ordering from Shawn since last june of last year..... many many many orders
One time i had a defective atty he sent me a replacement no questions asked

I cannot believe you would call him one step away from a ripoff how horrible and after he sent your order and took care of the missing atty.......

He is a one man shop a human error is still allowed every once and while right?

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
I NEVER said or implied I was entitled to anything from Litecig. I simply stated exactly what happened. The only reason I mentioned freebees in each review was because I think those who give them deserve a little praise for it. I do not expect them from any supplier.

I will not apologize for the one negative review. It is completely factual and accurate. It is in no way a slam on Litecig. I would probably still order from them myself...though I would be very careful from now on, now that I know the "quality" of some of the products (the low end adapter) sold there. I stated the reasons for the mix up to show it was not incompetence or anything. I called the missing atty "reluctantly shipped" because I got no response about whether it was going to be shipped or not. This says to me he was too annoyed with me or too busy to bother...this after the first mix up. I patiently waited rather than badger him about it, and it did eventually arrive, as I said.

The AC>USB adapter DID NOT have ANY specs listed when I purchased it, with a passthrough no less (it will run passthroughs with in-line battery by the way) but I was hoping it would be at least 1000 mA to run a 5v PT later. I mean who would even want a tiny 500 mA one anyway? The point in getting a wall powered one is to get more power than you get from a little PC USB port and selling these bottom of the barrel adapters is, for that reason, one step above a rip off in my opinion, especially when there was no description on it and I had to take the gamble and waste my money to find out. Had I known the specs, I would not have purchased it.

It's not just Litecig that does this. Many of the suppliers will have items for sale and don't even state how many you get, like empty carts for, let's say $6.95. Yeah...for what? 1? A pack of 5?

Anyway, sorry if you all didn't like my review/opinion on this. Even if I was the only person ever to have this experience with them, that's exactly how it was. I'm not going to grovel now because some of you don't want to hear the truth. And to the one who said "this type of post from someone who is misinformed and didnt do their homework before making a purchase". How do you do your homework and get informed when the information you need, does/did not exist? As I clearly illustrated in the review.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread