Cinnamon juice and degradation of plastic components of atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2009
Recently I found out why I was having such a hard time with atomizers, It didn't seem to matter what I did they would always degrade after about a week of use. I had an atty taken apart to see why this happens. I only use cinnamon based juices. Apparently the cinnamon type juices can cause plastic parts to break down. In most atomizers there is a small plastic cup at the bottom. The juice seems to cause the plastic to break down and gel, The concern here is that if you somehow vaped this you would be inhaling plastic. (i think most people would stop due to the burnt taste this would cause) I'm currently trying to find out if this particular juice uses cinnamon oil and if so possibly conducting a test to find out 100% if it is what is causing this. I'm not going to mention a vendor because there are tons of cinnamon juices out there and im 95% sure the cinnamon oil is the culprit. Has anyone else had this problem? I think people need to know because this could cause a dangerous situation with the atomizers. Cartomizers should be fine as they are poly fill.

cr12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2009
2lncump.jpg

this is the plastic coming out

Brew1961

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Noblesville, IN
Cinnamon juice from a top juice supplier began to melt a cherry vape dream tip within a week of use. I've since decided that this most-favored juice is just way too caustic for me to feel safe vaping it regularly. I have several other juices from the same vendor that get vaped at a 3ml/day rate and only the cinnamon-based juice causes this damage.

cr12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2009
Yeah Brew thats unfortunately what ive come to as well. It sucks its been my all day vape for 9 months, in fact i havent really tried anything else, so now im having to do the "search" for an all day vape again.( i have some bobas bounty and gorrilla juice en route) Its not necessarily the supplier just the fact that they have cinnamon oil in them that cause damage, i thought people should know this so they can plan accordingly

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I've stopped using tanks because my preferred juice flavors/vendor isn't compatible with it. Within a week, I start seeing hairline cracks in the polycarbonate tubing, and within 48 hours the tank falls completely apart. I love the idea of them, and as soon as someone makes a reliable stainless steel tank, I'm all over it (I've been watching the iAtty closely), but in the mean time I stick with cartos.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I've never tried any of the red hot flavors, just not something I would like but it is scary to think of what that could be doing to your lungs. Yikes!!!!!

I've never tried any of them, either. My preferred juices just use a hint of it, among the other flavors. Apparently that's enough.

And since my doctor's test results show that this 50 year old body has the lung function of an 18 year old since I quit smoking, I'm not worried about what it's doing to my lungs, just happy I quit smoking. ;)

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
I've never tried any of them, either. My preferred juices just use a hint of it, among the other flavors. Apparently that's enough.

And since my doctor's test results show that this 50 year old body has the lung function of an 18 year old since I quit smoking, I'm not worried about what it's doing to my lungs, just happy I quit smoking. ;)

I can see that a hint of the flavorings might spice up your juice a little, maybe add a little to the TH but the pure stuff sounds scary. But that's, as usual, just my opinion.

John Wayne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
NC

Good to know. My first thought reading this was, "AAAAAAAAH, What about a persons lungs?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread