Cisco LR 306 vs LR 510 (I wish I had known they use the same connector earlier!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootsand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2010
Ohio
I've just received my first Cisco LR 306 attys in the mail today, having just learned of their very existence mere days ago. I've used in the past many brands of 510 atomizers, LR and regular, and given the similar look (internally) and same threading/battery on the 306 I was not expecting too great of difference.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

I find the 306 to be so difficult to describe. I've had atties that produce good vapor, weak vapor, hot vapor, mild and smooth vapor, but the 306 vapor is simply... different. Thicker and warmer, I suppose, and the nic rush hits like I've never experienced, and I mean that in a very good way.

I'm still in the break in period, so I don't know how this atty will perform in a day or so, but I can say immediately that I will never *not* have at least a couple of these attys on hand if I can help it.

The feeling I get while vaping these is, for lack of a better word, 'completely satisfied'. Typically I chain vape pretty much all day, but with these it's a few puffs and I set it down. I'm really kicking myself in the rear right now for my lack of descriptive skills, it's simply a very unique vape. It's a very rich true throat hit, not a throat burn.

...and I love it.

Pros: Unique vapor and a heavy hitter nic-wise, NO primer to burn through (make sure you follow instructions for the first use, Cisco has a post around here somewhere on that) transparant drip tip allows you to see how much liquid is on the atty (well, not for me as I ordered the Riva cone compatible one... *sigh*)

Cons: Cost, and probably won't be using for chain vaping like usual. Also, if you order the drip tip that fits a Riva/eGo cone, you can't make use of the transparent tips.

For all you Riva/eGo/510 mod users out there, I HIGHLY recommend these. I think it was 20 bucks for 2 attys and the drip tip shipped.

fiercemoose

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
I got mine yesterday and was immediately enamored. Today I've been using it on my Reo (2.0 ohm) and vapes in rapid succession caused the drip tip to get super hot and, I think, to give off that hot plastic smell with my vape. I'm up in the air about them right now... They are awesome and a true Cisco 306 will definitely give you that high voltage experience at lower voltages for sure. I got some HV 510s with my order because high voltage is probably more for me than the exposed bridge path to warm vapor. I'm not giving up - the drip tip is as new as the atty and maybe that's what I'm smelling.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Today I've been using it on my Reo (2.0 ohm) and vapes in rapid succession caused the drip tip to get super hot and, I think, to give off that hot plastic smell with my vape.

That's the key here. Cisco's require a slightly different vaping style. I use the 1.5s and I've adapted to not vaping so rapidly. My wife uses standard 2.5s and when I let her use my PV she often hands it back to me with a scorching drip tip. You've got to take shorter draws or let them cool a bit between draws.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
Last edited:

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I just use the plastic cap, and pull it off each time I drip. Certainly no more trouble than stepping out in the cold to light up a smoke, like I used to do. These LR 306 are awesome, and I havent even tried the cisco attys yet. I just use the joye brand.

Perhaps I was already biased because I tried Cisco's first, but I was not happy with the Joye 306's. I tried a few after Cisco stopped selling the 306's wholesale and before I was told I could still get them from Avid Vaper. I experienced performance on par with EM LR 510s. They're not worth the price premium I'm willing to pay for Cisco's, in my opinion.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
For the first 6 months of vaping, I was 510 or nothing. I had tried a few 306 LRs but wasn't blown away. I kept reading so many reviews about the Ciscos so I had to try them. I was wrong for sooo long. Now I will use nothing else. I have found they can get a bit hot, but that also depends greatly on the tip. I had an awesome tip from inhaler which seemed to xfer no heat. It was great! till my loving wife accidentally fired my Icon in her pocket until she felt the heat coming through her shirt. Destroyed the tip. Now I'm resorting to the tip that came with the atty. It gets hot as a ...., but the atty has been going STRONG for well over a month now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread