Clapton, fused clapton, half staggered fused clapton..someone help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Interesting....so I'm probably better off experimenting with diffent sizes of simple wire rather than buying some clapton that won't improve flavour in any way.

SO what do folks use these claptons for? Clouds?
I use them for flavor, Fused Claptons bring out more sharp and distinct flavors. I started with bare, went twisted then have tried the real exotic coils. Personally I stick with fused Claptons for everything above that like aliens, etc. have some improved flavor but not the huge jump like fused Claptons. I spin my own and IMO anything above Fused is't worth the effort.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have a similar set of demon killer coils. Just curiosity about definitions and individual advantages getting to me.
Since you use tc you shouldn't have any ramp issues. Would advise next time you order you use AVS (Advanced Vape Supply). You will find the pre-built coils and spools superior and well worth a couple extra bucks. A good exotic coil can last up to 3 months with proper care.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I have a similar set of demon killer coils. Just curiosity about definitions and individual advantages getting to me.

Demon Killer, I believe those are the cheap Chinese crap coils, I'd avoid them. If you're looking for prebuilt find a good independent builder or go to somewhere like Advanced Vape Supply or Kidney Puncher. Me, I just spin my own, Fused Claptons are actually pretty simple to make.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Love you, but I disagree. I get much more satisfaction from my multi wire builds than from a simple fc. Two core is okay, tri or quad core are near sublime for me.
No need to disagree darling. I like triple core claptons (28*3/40 for example) very much as well. ;)
But the addition of more layers of outer wraps is almost useless, because ramp up increases massively, without any significant benefit concerning flavor or cloudproduction. But at least they look nice.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
No need to disagree darling. I like triple core claptons (28*3/40 for example) very much as well. ;)
But the addition of more layers of outer wraps is almost useless, because ramp up increases massively, without any significant benefit concerning flavor or cloudproduction. But at least they look nice.
Love you, but...I get better flavor. I order the coils with the thinnest wires. Sacrifice a couple weeks of coil life, but ramp is great. I've tried every coil from AVS. Tri core is my sweet spot in the Nanos. I get a lovely lung hit and don't sacrifice much battery life since I prefer a cooler vape.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Love you, but...I get better flavor. I order the coils with the thinnest wires. Sacrifice a couple weeks of coil life, but ramp is great. I've tried every coil from AVS. Tri core is my sweet spot in the Nanos. I get a lovely lung hit and don't sacrifice much battery life since I prefer a cooler vape.
I'm the same way, small gauge SS the flavor is great, the ramp up time is great but yes there is a small sacrifice in the overall life of the coil. I still get though a couple months off of a pair of coils, hell I even use 34gx2/44g SS fused claptons at times ;) Plus I have a few friends of mine that are addicted to my 32x2/38g Kanthal fused claptons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread