Clapton Specific TFR for SS316L DNA Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
I see that Wire Wizard in SteamEngine can provide a unique TFR curve specific to a Clapton build.

I'm planning to try some SS316L fused claptons when my Daedalus Pro arrives next week, so just wondering if the specific TFR's for Claptons work better than the standard SS316L TFR I've been using for simple wire builds?

Does anyone bother setting the TFR specifically for their builds in this way? If so is it noticeably better than using the standard TFR?

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
@Don29palms

I noticed in the thread:
Starting to make my own coils

That you mentioned using SS316L fused claptons in TC mode.

Do you find the TC works well with the standard TFR / TCR (depending on what mod you're using) or do you make any adjustments as per Wire Wizard in SteamEngine?
I've always just used what's programmed in the mod. Spaced coils of course.

• Informative
Reactions: Caterpiller

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Tfr/tcr is based on the material so it shouldn't really change due to coil type.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

According to Wire Wizard in SteamEngine the TFR / TCR values and therefore the TC accuracy are effected / changed by the use of multi wire exotic coils.

I just wasn't sure if this would lead to a 1% or 10% inaccuracy. From the responces it looks likely that the inaccuracy is very small and not worth adjusting for.

• Agree
Reactions: Don29palms

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
According to Wire Wizard in SteamEngine the TFR / TCR values and therefore the TC accuracy are effected / changed by the use of multi wire exotic coils.

I just wasn't sure if this would lead to a 1% or 10% inaccuracy. From the responces it looks likely that the inaccuracy is very small and not worth adjusting for.

Might depend on the wire. What I used for clapton wire, both were SS316L. If it is multiple wire types, SS and Kanthal it might differ. But I think the core wire is all that matters in using it in TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread