Not open for further replies.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
How can one base anything on ones personal experience I don't know,
No offence, but wishful thinking & denial all spring to mind when reading some of the posts here...

If doctors (not vapers) thought PG was healthier than air, would they not prescribe such treatments to asthma and respiratory illness patients, PG has been around for a very long time.
PG is used in asthma nebulizers LINK, and to administer cyclosporine to lung transplant patients LINK.

Reactions: LaraC

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Unwelcome Guest: Airborne Staph in Homes

Staphylococcus aureus
, one of the most prevalent causes of infections of the blood, skin, soft tissue, and lower respiratory tract, spreads through close contact with contaminated people and surfaces. Although a few studies hint that airborne transmission of the microbe may be involved in hospital infections, no studies have examined indoor levels of S. aureus outside of a hospital setting. The first study to monitor S. aureus bioaerosols in residences shows that strains of the bacterium are common inhabitants of indoor and outdoor air [EHP 114:1859–1864; Gandara et al.]. Moreover, indoor strains are particularly resistant to commonly prescribed antibiotics.

Significance of airborne transmission of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in an otolaryngology-head and neck surgery unit. - PubMed - NCBI

CONCLUSIONS:
Methicillin-resistant S aureus was recirculated among the patients, the air, and the inamimate environments, especially when there was movement in the rooms. Airborne MRSA may play a role in MRSA colonization in the nasal cavity or in respiratory tract MRSA infections. Measures should be taken to prevent the spread of airborne MRSA to control nosocomial MRSA infection in hospitals.

But, yeah, with e.coli you pretty much have to be in a 'livestock building' in high humidity.

The survival of Escherichia coli in an aerosol at air temperatures of 15 and 30 degrees C and a range of humidities.

The survival of Escherichia coli in an aerosol was studied at several temperatures and over a range of relative humidities using a Henderson apparatus. Death occurred in two phases, the first lasting approximately 1 min; in the second the number of viable microorganisms declined exponentially. E. coli was robust and remained viable for many hours. Death was most rapid at low humidities (less than 50% r.h.) at 15 and 30 degrees C, with half-lives of 14 and 3 min respectively. In humid conditions the half-lives were much longer, approximately 83 and 14 min respectively. Based on this work, preliminary recommendations for the climate of livestock buildings can now be given to control the airborne spread of E. coli.
No, no, I'm not gonna click on the links. I made that mistake when you posted info about what the FDA allows in our food. The next bowl of grits I ate was cold by the time I was done picking out all the little black specs.

Reactions: DC2

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
How can one base anything on ones personal experience I don't know,
No offence, but wishful thinking & denial all spring to mind when reading some of the posts here...

If doctors (not vapers) thought PG was healthier than air, would they not prescribe such treatments to asthma and respiratory illness patients, PG has been around for a very long time.

One answer is, there isn't any money in it. A doctor won't tell you to try drinking a little vinegar for acid indigestion, either (sometimes this is caused by not enough acid in the stomach).

Reactions: DC2

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
No, no, I'm not gonna click on the links. I made that mistake when you posted info about what the FDA allows in our food. The next bowl of grits I ate was cold by the time I was done picking out all the little black specs.

:lol: Originally posted by someone else - I had the same reaction. :) People simply don't know this stuff .........but should.

Reactions: LaraC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread