Classic USB Passthrough Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
I am bumming now. Wed I got my order from Puresmoke of a Classic kit w/USB Passthrough. I used and was TOTALLY happy with the passthrough while my batts were charging. Well I went to work today and used the batts on the penstyle, got home, plugged in the passthrough and now it doesn't work at all. The LED light comes on but it will not activate the atomizer. I emailed Daniel @ Puresmoker whom I know is extremely busy and am wating for his reply. But in the meantime, I was hoping one of you could help me. I love that passthrough and can't figure this out. I did a search on the forum and couldn't find a problem like this one. Any advice would be appreciated.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
If the LED comes on, there is contact there and it's working. It sounds like the atomiser took a dump.
Not quite. The LED does not rely on the atomizer to come on. You can suck on the end of the passthrough with no atomizer on it and the LED will come on.
What I'm thinking is the contact in the battery sticks out a little farther than the one in the passthrough and when it got screwed on it pushed the contact of the atomizer in a little so now the contact of the passthrough is not making contact with the one in the atomizer.
Try this. Get a Sharpie or magic marker and put a little spot on the center contact of the passthrough then screw it into the atomizer. If it makes contact there should now be a spot on the atomizer contact.

Last edited:

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Not quite. The LED does not rely on the atomizer to come on. You can suck on the end of the passthrough with no atomizer on it and the LED will come on.
What I'm thinking is the contact in the battery sticks out a little farther than the one in the passthrough and when it got screwed on it pushed the contact of the atomizer in a little so now the contact of the passthrough is not making contact with the one in the atomizer.
Try this. Get a Sharpie or magic marker and put a little spot on the center contact of the passthrough then screw it into the atomizer. If it makes contact there should now be a spot on the atomizer contact.
So how do I fix that? The atomizer works with the batt.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
The atomizer. I just took a small pair of pliers and put the tips on either side of the center little round thingy with the tiny hole in it at the screw end of the atomizer and just gave it a ever so slight tug and twist. I was really worried but figured what did I have to lose? The damned thing didn't work anyway. It budged it just enough that it fixed my problem. I did this last night and it is still working. I'm sorry I can't give you pics. I'm computer illiterate and still haven't figured out how to get pics into this forum. If anyone would like to send me directions I would appreciate it. I do know how to use my digital and get the pics into my comp, just not smart enough to get them here. It's tough being handicapped.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
I use separate Atomisers for the Battery and the Passthrough and never mix the two.
That way i no longer have problems. Once i realised what was happening with the different connections between the Battery and the Passthrough i decided that was the logical thing to do.
I think that our suppliers must be aware of the problem but as there is really nothing they can do about it i think they should recommend that if you buy a passthrough then it is best to use separate Atomiser's and not mix them up with the Atomiser's you use with your Battery's.
That's been my experience anyway.

Zach

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Detroit, Michigan, USA
You can make your passthrough last a lot longer by reinforcing the bit of wire that goes into the cherry end of the passthrough casing. You can use a small piece of electrical tape or, ideally, heatshrink.

Two of my passthroughs have broken now because this wire got stripped inside the plastic cherry. Passthroughs will last exponentially longer if you reinforce the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread