Classy looking, easy vinyl skin mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
That is absolutely amazing. Takes your mods to a whole new level. How do they look in person?

Thanks for the tip!

My photographic skills are pretty basic. In person, they look waaaay better. Its odd that when I look at the photo, the high polished surfaces look dull and the decals look ok-ish. The chrome-like end caps and burl look incredible together in person.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
thanks for the info Tinstar. They really look nice and Super-T has the best drip tips. Love mine as use them daily even though when i chain vape the stainless s gets kinda hot but love them just the same.
as far as wrapping vinyl on the mods if you dont want the overlap, you can seam it where it is just touching each other very slightly. But over time the vinyl may move some and you may see underneath. Like hanging wallpaper you can either overlap or seam it together. But i dont think its worth it to even seam it. Overlapping is hardly noticeable.
Tinstar your PV's look all top shelf and stand out beautifully. From the excellent wrapping job you did i just may have to do all of mine. Tube mods look real classy like this. Outstanding. sorry for ramblin on more coffee cup #4 coming up.

OrthodoxAtheist

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Redlands, CA
Every bricks-and-mortar vape shop should be paying attention to this. If I could get this done at a vape shop I'd be more inclined to make the 2-hour drive to one. It could be like a tattoo parlor... show you options, leave your device for an hour, et voila, your PV has been pimped/blinged. That would be pretty awesome. :)

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
How easy would these be to remove if I didn't like how it looked?

As easy as peeling off any other sticker for the most part. Mine are still holding up fine for the most part. One got scratched up bouncing around in my pack during a camping trip. Wasn't horrible but it bugged me. Peeled it off and re-skinned it. Still got plenty of material left from the original single sheet. I've got enough to re-do it a couple more times and to do a few dozen attys and cartos before I need to reorder.

Ghostc4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Oregon
As easy as peeling off any other sticker for the most part. Mine are still holding up fine for the most part. One got scratched up bouncing around in my pack during a camping trip. Wasn't horrible but it bugged me. Peeled it off and re-skinned it. Still got plenty of material left from the original single sheet. I've got enough to re-do it a couple more times and to do a few dozen attys and cartos before I need to reorder.
Ok, when you compare it to a sticker I am assuming it doesn't leave behind the sticky residue a sticker does right?

amaranthe

Sep 15, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I know a guy who I think I'll have to do one of those Cobra ones for. It's only fair since he's the one who turned me on to this to begin with, and he's OBSESSED with all things Cobra. This is a call he made to a radio show we listen to...... He's also called in about ecigs before. This would probably be a match made in heaven. Thanks for sharing!

Cobra Commander for President 2012 - YouTube

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
BTW your logo looks sweet too, nice touch.

Originally I used a Punisher skull logo to mark my shooting gear so that my stuff wouldn't get mixed up with other guys stuff during competitions. Then everyone started doing it so I switched to the (at the time) virtually unknown Decepticon insignia. Now that the Transformers movies are popular, I had to change up again. I figure that a logo from an old and somewhat obscure comic series might have a longer shelf life.

Right now my vaping collection is starting to match my gun collection. It's rapidly overtaking my home office :)

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Wow, those came out looking seriously high end! Love it! I'm giving an ego kit to two friends for xmas, and one is mad tattoo guy. I'm thinking of photoshopping up a snazzy skin on some printable vinyl for his batteries/cones with some wild tribal gear or something akin. But that burlwood looks pretty darned snazzy. You've just made me rethink my strategy. ;)

CASEACE79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Delaware
Now this is a good idea. I'll have to wrap my Roughstack in some of the left over black vinyl I have from Decalgirl, if that doesn't work out so well I'll try the automotive grade stuff.

No way Shadow. Decalgirl is literally right across the street from my house. Small world.

CASEACE79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Delaware
Well this inspired my own project today. Had an old skin laying around.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326755419.937165.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326755419.937165.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread