The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Classy looking, easy vinyl skin mod

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by tinstar15, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. stratus

stratus Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Nov 14, 2010
    Chicago Area
    That is absolutely amazing. Takes your mods to a whole new level. How do they look in person?

Thanks for the tip!

2. tinstar15

tinstar15 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2009
    Lakeland, FL
    My photographic skills are pretty basic. In person, they look waaaay better. Its odd that when I look at the photo, the high polished surfaces look dull and the decals look ok-ish. The chrome-like end caps and burl look incredible together in person.

3. Sly9377

Sly9377 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    I love those! They came out great, gonna have to get some to do mine up the black is flaking off my eGo batt's

4. cos

cos Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2009
    St Petersburg Florida
    thanks for the info Tinstar. They really look nice and Super-T has the best drip tips. Love mine as use them daily even though when i chain vape the stainless s gets kinda hot but love them just the same.
    as far as wrapping vinyl on the mods if you dont want the overlap, you can seam it where it is just touching each other very slightly. But over time the vinyl may move some and you may see underneath. Like hanging wallpaper you can either overlap or seam it together. But i dont think its worth it to even seam it. Overlapping is hardly noticeable.
    Tinstar your PV's look all top shelf and stand out beautifully. From the excellent wrapping job you did i just may have to do all of mine. Tube mods look real classy like this. Outstanding. sorry for ramblin on more coffee cup #4 coming up.

5. Ghostc4

Ghostc4 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2010
    Oregon
    How easy would these be to remove if I didn't like how it looked?

6. OrthodoxAtheist

OrthodoxAtheist Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2011
    Redlands, CA
    Every bricks-and-mortar vape shop should be paying attention to this. If I could get this done at a vape shop I'd be more inclined to make the 2-hour drive to one. It could be like a tattoo parlor... show you options, leave your device for an hour, et voila, your PV has been pimped/blinged. That would be pretty awesome. :)

7. tinstar15

Sep 29, 2009
    Lakeland, FL
    As easy as peeling off any other sticker for the most part. Mine are still holding up fine for the most part. One got scratched up bouncing around in my pack during a camping trip. Wasn't horrible but it bugged me. Peeled it off and re-skinned it. Still got plenty of material left from the original single sheet. I've got enough to re-do it a couple more times and to do a few dozen attys and cartos before I need to reorder.

8. Ghostc4

Ghostc4 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2010
    Oregon
    Ok, when you compare it to a sticker I am assuming it doesn't leave behind the sticky residue a sticker does right?

9. tinstar15

Sep 29, 2009
    Lakeland, FL
    Not so far. I suppose that if I left it on for a year in the sun it might, but I haven't had one on that long yet.

10. sassafrass

sassafrass Full Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Knoxville
    I love these! Thank you so much for sharing!!

11. SCORPIUS

SCORPIUS Senior Member

Jul 13, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Amazing stuff. Burlwood finish is suberb. Very nice. Love it

12. amaranthe

amaranthe Full Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    I know a guy who I think I'll have to do one of those Cobra ones for. It's only fair since he's the one who turned me on to this to begin with, and he's OBSESSED with all things Cobra. This is a call he made to a radio show we listen to...... He's also called in about ecigs before. This would probably be a match made in heaven. Thanks for sharing!

Cobra Commander for President 2012 - YouTube

13. Scarab30

Scarab30 Full Member Verified Member

Oct 6, 2011
    colorado
    Very nice. I just ordered up the mini diamond plate, burlwood, and carbonfiber. Thanks for the tips and link to the site. I cant wait to customize my V3!

14. Scarab30

Scarab30 Full Member Verified Member

Oct 6, 2011
    colorado
    BTW your logo looks sweet too, nice touch.

15. tinstar15

Sep 29, 2009
    Lakeland, FL

Originally I used a Punisher skull logo to mark my shooting gear so that my stuff wouldn't get mixed up with other guys stuff during competitions. Then everyone started doing it so I switched to the (at the time) virtually unknown Decepticon insignia. Now that the Transformers movies are popular, I had to change up again. I figure that a logo from an old and somewhat obscure comic series might have a longer shelf life.

Right now my vaping collection is starting to match my gun collection. It's rapidly overtaking my home office :)

16. Shadoweb

Shadoweb Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Now this is a good idea. I'll have to wrap my Roughstack in some of the left over black vinyl I have from Decalgirl, if that doesn't work out so well I'll try the automotive grade stuff.

17. orachel

orachel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2010
    Mesa, Arizona...USA
    Wow, those came out looking seriously high end! Love it! I'm giving an ego kit to two friends for xmas, and one is mad tattoo guy. I'm thinking of photoshopping up a snazzy skin on some printable vinyl for his batteries/cones with some wild tribal gear or something akin. But that burlwood looks pretty darned snazzy. You've just made me rethink my strategy. ;)

18. pnguin

pnguin Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Just ordered a sample of the burlwood for .99 cents and .01 cent shipping. Can't wait to see how it adheres to my aluminum box mod.

19. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2011
    Delaware
    No way Shadow. Decalgirl is literally right across the street from my house. Small world.

20. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2011
    Delaware
    Well this inspired my own project today. Had an old skin laying around.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.