Clean-burning liquid for extended coil life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic Stone

Moved On
Aug 8, 2013
Much is made about the flavor of an e-liquid or the nicotine content of the liquid, but I haven't seen much regarding the effects of these liquids on the atomizer coils that burn them. Are there any juices that are known to be hard on coils? Do the extra ingredients (flavorings) cause quicker residue buildup and burnout of atomizers? Maybe I am still just a newbie without a clue, but I consider myself a pragmatist when it comes to vaporizers. I don't vape for the taste, I vape because it's a safer delivery vehicle for the nicotine I am addicted to. So I am wondering if there are any juices out there that had a reputation for being hard on atomizers? I have heard about some juices degrading plastic tanks, so what about atomizers?

Best regards,

MikeG

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I agree it would be good if alternative liquid bases were studied, but I don't know if anyone is doing it already. Generally higher% VG juices and darker juices will clog up an atty quicker, sometimes very quick. I can't give you any more info then that, but I think you have a very good question that should be addressed by the industry.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
The draker juices tend to clog filters, and gunk up coils quicker. Some citrus juices can degrade polycarbonate tanks. I like the citrus flavors, so I use a pyrex tank and a ceramic drip tip. As far as the atomizers, again darker juices will gunk the coils.

unflavored nic juice isn't really all that bad, and has a slight taste to it. I use it sometimes when I'm at a restaurant so I don't draw attention.

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
I vape 30mg/ml unflavored all the time, and my carto's last forever. I find vaping unflavored much more satisfying then the artificial, fake flavor feeling I got when I was a new vapor and running after "the perfect all day flavor". It is much more economical to vape unflavored, because it does save your coils, besides being a lot cheaper. But, I don't vape unflavored for that reason, I vape it because it is so satisfying. Give it a try.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
I vape 30mg/ml unflavored all the time, and my carto's last forever. I find vaping unflavored much more satisfying then the artificial, fake flavor feeling I got when I was a new vapor and running after "the perfect all day flavor". It is much more economical to vape unflavored, because it does save your coils, besides being a lot cheaper. But, I don't vape unflavored for that reason, I vape it because it is so satisfying. Give it a try.

agreed. i personaly havent gotten a bottle of PG to test out, but i ben using VG diluted 10-15% with dry gin or vinegar. no nic, but it is definatly more satisfying then all these flavors.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville

I've never vaped unflavored before, but have heard others say it worked just fine, maybe that should be the first suggestion to new vapors, it'll give them something palatable to hold them over till they find something else if they want, just a thought. I'm gonna give a try.

Galactic Stone

Moved On
Aug 8, 2013
Wow. LOL. A useful and amusing series of replies to an internet posting is a rarity in the circles I usually run in. :)

First - "The coils themselves can cause problems if they're not spaced properly or have hot legs. "

Vaping must be the first thing in life I have encountered where "hot legs" are a bad thing.

Second - I had not seriously considered unflavored liquid until now. I am going to order some out of curiosity and try it.

Third - Jimi, that avatar photo is the literal definition of "smokes like a dragon". If that phrase is ever Googled, your avatar photo should come up first. Of course, only those who know, realize it's not smoke. :)

Best regards,

MikeG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread