Clean, Light, Flavors not too sweet....has anyone tried these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I'm looking to expand my flavor selection, the stores here don't stock much that I like so I've been checking some out online. I don't seem to like any of the e-juices I've tried that are super strongly flavored or sickeningly sweet, or that leave too much of an after taste. I have mainly been using a melon flavor and a melon with a bit of menthol. I had some acai that I loved too, and it smelled great-but it came in pre-filled cartridges and they don't have bottles of that juice in my stores. I tried cherry coke flavor and it got sickening right away. I'd like to come up with something kind of refreshing flavored.

I was thinking also of getting some unflavored and just adding some flavor to it now and then also. I also thought I'd get some menthol and add just a bit to some flavors, or also try mixing some flavors together. Eventually I'd like to try making my own, but I'm still too new to this (one month).

I'm pretty excited about some of these flavors I found, has anyone tried these brands or flavors, or come up with interesting combinations?
I included a bit from the description and reviews for some of them.

EC Blend brand:
Many of these flavors have to "steep" prior to vaping for the flavor to come out they say. This company also has some very weird flavors in the novelty section such as roast beef , bacon, pizza and pickle :?:

Earl Grey (Tea Your Way)
They give you options like adding honey, lemon, lime. Tons of reviews say it really does taste like earl grey tea. "I got Earl Grey with extra flavor, and I gotta say, it's dead on. Tastes exactly like a strong cup of Earl Grey tea. EXACTLY. It's not sweet, there's no funny flavors. It's great, really great. I do wonder, if the juice has real bergamot oil in it. The way it tastes, that's what I'm guessing."

Ginger
"It's a very pleasant vape with a great throat hit and soothing scent."
"Nice ginger flavor, not to sweet with just the right kick."
I guess it's great mixed with pear flavor.

Honeydew Wizard
"I liked this flavor, it wasn't intensely sweet. The taste was pretty close to fresh honeydew with only a bit of the candy-like flavor that plagues most fruit liquids."

"Gave it a shot with cantaloupe and cucumber--awesome flavor"
I think this would also be good with some menthol.

Neroli
Neroli oil is a plant oil produced from the blossom of the bitter orange tree. Neroli is citrusy, light, slightly bitter with hints of orange and honey blossom floral facets. No reviews of this one on site.

Acai Berry
Is supposed to blend well well with other flavors, esp. Dragon's Blood (which I haven't tried).

Cucumber
Cucumbers go well with fruits, Pear, Grape, Apple, Watermelon.
"I ordered the cucumber e-juice in 6mg nicotine with an added flavor shot of pear and a cool hit. I tried it a couple of days after it came in...and I thought it was terrible! It tasted like cardboard that had been soaked in cucumber juice! A very dry vape. So I locked it away for about 15 days and gave it another try. And wow. It is delish! It is such a light vape."

"I ordered the 12 mg 50/50 cucumber with a shot of cantaloupe, and I love it! It is my new favorite vape. I'm ordering another bottle tonight. Very clean and refreshing. Highly recommended!"

"I ordered this with a flavor shot of tomato, and it's a summery fresh and delicious change of pace from the sweet stuff. I was using it as a palate cleanser between tasting other flavors, and found myself wanting to vape it for hours on end. Very realistic cucumber flavor with a hint of sweet and a hint of bitter, not really getting much tomato flavor, but it's there in spirit, better after a week's steeping. Love this stuff."

Virgin Vapor brand:

Organic Coconut Breeze
"This was so amazing straight out of the mailbox! No steeping required. I have been looking for a good coconut flavor and this is IT. I have tried many, and it may just be my taste buds, but every one I have tried has had a distinctly "soapy" taste. This is a delectable delight, so light and airy, PLUMES of vapor and perfect amount of flavor."
Maybe with this one I can feel like I'm on the beach in winter

Organic Lemon Rose Water
"So fresh tasting and lightly sweet and tangy."
"It's floral but not perfumey, the lemon note compliments the rose wonderfully."

"It's: clean, fresh, sweet but not cloying, with a gentle floral softening the citrus tang. Where Bed of Roses is a thicker, velvety floral, Lemon Rose Water is more like rose hip tea, a sharper but lighter flavor. The lemon is balanced against it well, hinting at cold, fresh lemonade rather than strong lemon candy.

At lower voltage or higher Ohms, the rose comes to the forefront and the mix becomes sweeter, almost a rose julep instead of rose lemonade; at high voltage or low resistance, the lemon takes precedence. Somewhere around 5v @ 2.4 Ohms, the flavor starts to taste scorched and the lemon becomes acrid, so this is not the juice to use in a 6-7.2V mod without high resistance. Nearly any atty/carto/tank that works well with an eGo will put it squarely in its sweet spot."

[h=1]Organic Bed of Roses[/h][h=1]"Such a calming, ethereal experience to vape this stuff. It smells amazing! And It tastes the way rose water smells, like pure rose water without the bitter aftertaste. A very satisfying, smooth vape with excellent throat hit. If you're a fan of rose water, I would definitely recommend this flavor. It reminds me of the rose water essence in Middle Eastern desserts, which I absolutely love."

"Love this juice! To me, there is a just a hint of rose with a really clean, crisp fresh lemon taste....a lot like the smell of fresh roses...not the cloying, perfumed scent/ flavor of artificial roses! And tart, too! So good!"

[/h][h=1]Happy Lungs Herbal Formula
The description is too long for this one, here's the link:
Happy Lungs Herbal Formula | Organic Herbs for e-Cigarettes
[/h]

Last edited:

entitynein

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Reno
I've tried a lot of EC Blends flavors, but none of the ones you listed. I will say this, as to the description of the honeydew one. If you are looking to keep the flavor not-too-sweet, avoid adding cantaloupe to it. I love cantaloupe, so I thought I'd give that one a shot, and I can tell you, it might be the sweetest flavor I've ever tried (outside of the Vanilla from Heather's Heavenly Vapes).

The best mild, not overpoweringly sweet taste I've tried yet is Catherine the Grape from Velvet Cloud Vapors. It's a concord grape and blackcurrant flavor that is really mild. The concord grape flavor is dominant, but not overly sweet, and the blackcurrant adds a little bite to mellow it down even more. Overall, it's in my top 3 flavors.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I get burned out on really sweet flavors too... I just got some RYD2 from a local b&m. The Vapor Hut makes it. It tastes exactly like soft pretzels. Really good! I went to their site to see about ordering quantity and read the description. Their description says something about Hazelnut meets RY4. I'm not getting that at all. It's a ringer for pretzel and I love it!

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Thanks for the suggestions!

It's funny, I mean I love sweet food, ice cream, chocolate, fruity pie, etc, but I find that vaping I just really prefer something more subtle and not too sweet. The sweetness gets sickening after a while when vaping. When I first tried an acai cartirdge that is made for the GreenSmartLiving cigalike that I have, I loved that one, not very sweet but just a really pleasant mildly fruity/herbal/floral almost flavor, and it smells so good!

You know how after a meal, or after desert, a cig used to taste so good because it had that dry, smoky, not sweet flavor that compliments a cup of coffee? Something fragrant and relaxing, that sounds nice right about now...

I'd like a tobacco flavor too as long as it was more subtle. (I originally wanted a vape that mimicked the taste of a cig, I smoked American Spirits, but I gave up on that since it doesn't seem to exist, and the last time I smoked a real cig I found that I don't really even like the flavor anymore!)

I only really tried one tobacco flavor though, and it had this popcorn/butter overtone, ick!

I really like the idea of something with a subtle flavor and a great smell.

I'm really intrigued by all the unusual flavors too.

I have read some descriptions of blends that have very complex flavors that develop, which sounds pretty cool too

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
The only two flavors that I have found, which are smooth/light on flavor are by Grizzly Vapes. They only have two flavors out, but they are great. One is called nannerbear and the other is kokobear and I highly recommend them! I have yet to find anything as smooth as them.

Nanner Bear sounds interesting:

"
First, a little about Grizzly Vapes. This is not a mix to order juice, it's not flavors in a bottle with nic and PG/VG. This is a crafted juice. It goes through a multistage process when it's crafted which stabilizes the liquid so it has unheard of shelf stability and is "pre-steeped" right out of the bottle. There's no need to let anything from the Grizzly line sit, 'age', 'steep' or whatever the kids are callin it these days.

Now, Nannerbear... the juice that defies explanation. Every review I've seen of it has picked up different notes and they almost universally say the same thing. "This juice is hard to describe". My first hit of this juice raised an eyebrow. I was surprised, I had no idea what i was tasting and I was hit with multiple flavors and notes, even sensations. The second hit raised both eyebrows. The flavor was indescribable and overwhelmingly GOOD.

It's a subtle juice, not one of those "punch you in the tongue" flavors you get, there are no double shots or flavor kicks, or sidecars, etc. It's been crafted to be an all day vape and it has become that for damn near everyone who tries it.

If I had to describe the flavor... It's got some banana and coconut notes but it's not a banana or coconut juice. It's got an earthy rich flavor that underpins the sweetness from the aforementioned tropical fruits and a hint of tobacco. There's a dark, almost herbal tone that rides alone with all the other flavors in this complex juice. Every hit is a little bit different, each subtle flavor taking the stage for just a second on inhale and exhale. The inhale is warm and rich and sweet and the exhale is smooth and has a slight cooling sensation.

This juice is only available in Max VG. It is blended with a very specific technique to achieve the unique flavor profile it has"

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
If you like more subtle flavors, I'd recommend Alice In Vapeland, if you haven't tried them yet.
They don't lack flavor by any means, but there's something purposefully delicate about their juices that sounds up your alley (definitely up my alley!). They're never cloying and never end up tasting funky from being too over powering. .. always crisp and clean. The teas are especially great.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
If you like more subtle flavors, I'd recommend Alice In Vapeland, if you haven't tried them yet.
They don't lack flavor by any means, but there's something purposefully delicate about their juices that sounds up your alley (definitely up my alley!). They're never cloying and never end up tasting funky from being too over powering. .. always crisp and clean. The teas are especially great.

I've heard a lot of good things about them, I'll check it out!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
If you like more subtle flavors, I'd recommend Alice In Vapeland.

I was going to suggest them, as many people who like strong flavoring say the flavors are too gentle, but for the OP, may be just right.

Also, try Ahlusions if you like Teas and RAWR/ROAR if you like fruits.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Back again ;-) I was rushing out the door on my last reply...

As I said, I do prefer lighter flavors... complex is fine, but I don't like overly sweet... I don't want tongue bite.

Among the stronger flavors I like Maha Ras... and Pluid... and the Vapetrik juices.

Most of my vaping is lighter flavored... I even enjoy unflavored from time to time.

BWB makes some complex light flavored juices... simple flavrs too... malty, malty toffee, the tobaccos... peach, watermelon etc... bwb's coffees and casablanca are strong.

Want2vape's juices are also relatively mild except rockstar...

Vaperite's organic line... nhaler octane line...mr. e-liquid, alice in vapeland, copper creek... are among some others.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Well I just visited Alice in vapeland and ordered a sample pack and also I couldn't resist trying the catnip "Lightly frosty, with herbal-spice".
They are closed of ordering currently though, how odd! Also they have a october coupon code, "october" for 10% off.

Whoa, wait, I just noticed more flavors on that site...!

I wonder if Mind Toulouse is good? Or Lucky No. 11?

Dang, I have to check out all the other suggestions you all have made, looks like I might be spending some cash here but then again I've saved about $300 from not smoking analogs, so.....wth :)

Last edited:

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
Well I just visited Alice in vapeland and ordered a sample pack and also I couldn't resist trying the catnip "Lightly frosty, with herbal-spice".
They are closed of ordering currently though, how odd! Also they have a october coupon code, "october" for 10% off.

Dang, I have to check out all the other suggestions you all have made, looks like I might be spending some cash here but then again I've saved about $300 from not smoking analogs, so.....wth :)

Yep, AiV is only open one "day" a week... Tuesday night well into Wednesday sometime.... then it takes about a week until they ship your juice. That's the capacity they can handle. Just you wait until you get your package though, and the people that own it couldn't be nicer. Seriously, I completely understand that a lot of people get turned off but limited openings, etc. but this juice is worth it.

Seems like you found the oddity room and the C.Room =)
I love Lucky No.11 but you have to like the flavor of rose to appreciate that one. Mind Toulouse is one of the few flavors I haven't tried yet, but I know it has a lot of fans. I think there's only 3 flavors left that I haven't tried.

My favorites so far are April Moon, 15 Ft Falls, Cherry Blossom Tea, Ginger By The Sea and A Quiet Morning (in no particular order). The sampler was an excellent place to start. For me the flavors I had the least interest in ended up being my favorites.

There are a TON of AiV threads on here, but really, the sampler is the best way to figure out what's best =)

v1kingfan

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
wisconin,usa
Back again ;-) I was rushing out the door on my last reply...

As I said, I do prefer lighter flavors... complex is fine, but I don't like overly sweet... I don't want tongue bite.

Among the stronger flavors I like Maha Ras... and Pluid... and the Vapetrik juices.

Most of my vaping is lighter flavored... I even enjoy unflavored from time to time.

BWB makes some complex light flavored juices... simple flavrs too... malty, malty toffee, the tobaccos... peach, watermelon etc... bwb's coffees and casablanca are strong.

Want2vape's juices are also relatively mild except rockstar...

Vaperite's organic line... nhaler octane line...mr. e-liquid, alice in vapeland, copper creek... are among some others.

any recommendations for someone who doesn't typically like tobacco vapes if I were to order from BWB?

v1kingfan

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
wisconin,usa
Nanner Bear sounds interesting:

"
First, a little about Grizzly Vapes. This is not a mix to order juice, it's not flavors in a bottle with nic and PG/VG. This is a crafted juice. It goes through a multistage process when it's crafted which stabilizes the liquid so it has unheard of shelf stability and is "pre-steeped" right out of the bottle. There's no need to let anything from the Grizzly line sit, 'age', 'steep' or whatever the kids are callin it these days.

Now, Nannerbear... the juice that defies explanation. Every review I've seen of it has picked up different notes and they almost universally say the same thing. "This juice is hard to describe". My first hit of this juice raised an eyebrow. I was surprised, I had no idea what i was tasting and I was hit with multiple flavors and notes, even sensations. The second hit raised both eyebrows. The flavor was indescribable and overwhelmingly GOOD.

It's a subtle juice, not one of those "punch you in the tongue" flavors you get, there are no double shots or flavor kicks, or sidecars, etc. It's been crafted to be an all day vape and it has become that for damn near everyone who tries it.

If I had to describe the flavor... It's got some banana and coconut notes but it's not a banana or coconut juice. It's got an earthy rich flavor that underpins the sweetness from the aforementioned tropical fruits and a hint of tobacco. There's a dark, almost herbal tone that rides alone with all the other flavors in this complex juice. Every hit is a little bit different, each subtle flavor taking the stage for just a second on inhale and exhale. The inhale is warm and rich and sweet and the exhale is smooth and has a slight cooling sensation.

This juice is only available in Max VG. It is blended with a very specific technique to achieve the unique flavor profile it has"

It is very interesting! I'm not even a huge coconut fan, but I dont care about it because the flavor of the juice is pretty complex. It's so smooth and clean of a flavor that is has been my adv ever since I have tried it. They only sell in 30 ml bottles but it's at a very reasonable price and honestly, it's so good that you'll be glad that you got 30 ml of it. It's one of the few 30 ml bottles I have finished since I'm such a finicky vaper.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay

Cheshire Catnip and Mind Toulouse are 2 of my favorites from AiV...CC has just enough frosty to make it taste like a cold glass of catnip tea...herbish and refreshing (and my daughter swears its a vapor tongue cure)
Having never tried Absinthe and not being a fan of black licorice I was a bit cautious, however it has become a vape I crave often. I have tried other absinthe vapes and DO NOT like them as they are overpowering and cause everything to taste off for hours after vapeing.
15 Foot Falls is an excellent NET tobacco blended with yummies The only tobacco flavor I vape.
I am awaiting the Lucky #11 steeping process but it smells wonderful

entitynein

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Reno
Well, if we're just going to have an AiV lovefest in here, I'll add that one of my other top 3 flavors is the Cherry Blossom Tea. It's actually a very close replica to my favorite Cherry Sakura tea from a local tea vendor here in town. The flavor is a *bit* on the sweet side, but overall the tea flavor dominates. When recommending the Grape from VCV, I was tempted to throw the Cherry Blossom Tea out there, as well, but figured it might be sweeter than the OP was looking for, but it's still a great, not-to-sweet, vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread