Clean the SmokTech CLEAR XXXL Dual Coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakerock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Brooklyn, NY`
510 CLEAR XXXLDual Coil 2ohm MEGA SOFT CAP Blank Cartomizers

Really love these, but seems to get gunked up fairly quickly... They are clear plastic, so cant clean them by boiling like others...
If I cant find a way to clean 'em I have to stop using them cause they are too expensive to replace every couple of days. Would be a shame because they are my favorite carts so far.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

-Jake

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

FsckCigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
PA
My favorite cartos as well...I confess that I don't clean em often, I just keep going and going with them as they get gunkier and gunkier, heh..really makes a new one seem spectacular when I finally break down and chuck the old one. But, if one is feeling industrious, they can be gently pulled apart (pull the tube off of the plate), and the outer wicking can be unrolled/removed/rinsed/squeezed/dried and the inner wicking & coils cleaned by running hot water over them...let it all dry for a day or two then reassemble. As a bonus, when you put it back together, if the tube is cracked at the plate end (often it is) you can turn it around and put the uncracked end on the plate instead...the cracks aren't usually an issue but sometimes they do seem to make the cartos draw air a bit.

*edits thanks to Android :D*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread