The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cleaned my tank and coil tonight

Discussion in 'Halo' started by weskeene, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. weskeene

weskeene Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    After experimenting with a new flavor, I decided to clean my tank and coil tonight, for the Triton. I've not done it before, but it seemed easy enough.

I just basically gave everything a nice hand rinse with warm water (all disassembled, completely, of course). Then, I got some tap hot water (as hot as it gets) and filled an 8 cup Pyrex with it about half way and dropped everything in it. About every half hour, I would wring the wicks out and generally jostle things about. Then I'd dump the water, and refill with hot stuff. About two hours later I took everything out and hand dried it. Now it's laying on a paper towel to finish drying until morning.

So, long term Triton vapers, am I fooling myself? Is this going to be good enough? I swear I can still smell very faint traces of Kringle on the wick, but it's fading every time I smell it. I think it's just in my nose and I'm imagining it. Am I good?

Wes

2. DaveOno

DaveOno ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Kringle, Belgian, Southern are hard to rinse clean. But it's doable. It depends what you are going to. Sometimes the cross contamination yields good results.

Get some Distilled water. It's very cheap. Or a soak in Vodka.

I just got a box of generic denture cleaning tablets. Haven't vape the resulting clean tanks yet, but tasting the wicks, and they don't have any residuals. Nice. And a box of 50 was cheap.

Taste the wicks. That'll tell you a lot.

I might try THE TEST. Going to Belgium Cocoa...

3. always9988

always9988 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2013
    Hicktown, OH
    I've got one tank that was used on a horny juice (nonhalo) called unicorn poop. I normally clean tanks in a vodka soak, all at once. This juice smell is now in the large tank and two smaller tanks after 2 vodka soaks and 2 denture cleaner soaks. It was suggested on another part of this forum for me to try coca cola. If that doesn't work they're a lost cause, cus I refuse to ruin my good juices with this leftover strawberry hell :angry:

Sent from my IdeaTabA1000L-F using Tapatalk

4. always9988

Nov 27, 2013
    Hicktown, OH
    But for most flavors a vodka overnight soak takes out all odor and flavor

5. wheezal

wheezal Insane Halon ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Austin, Tx
    i've yet to try denture cleanures for anything other than recreational use...but soaking overnight in PGA or cheap Vodka and then a good warm rinse has worked exceptionally well for me in cleaning out even the gunkiest of juices.

before you soak, do some quick dry burns to loosen the thicker juices off the wicks.

6. Aviationrich

Aviationrich Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    Amarillo
    I just rinse in hot water, let soak for an hour then dry off. When I go to use that tank, I'll do a dry burn to get any leftovers off the coil.

Sent from my galaxy s4 using tapatalk

7. Aviationrich

Nov 9, 2013
    Amarillo
    Unicorn poop huh? How is it?

8. weskeene

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    I'm using fairly light liquid. I am hoping hot water can do it. If not, I will probably find some denture tablets. That would seem cheaper than alcohol. Plus, no risk of me just drinking the cleaning agent.

Wes

9. always9988

Nov 27, 2013
    Hicktown, OH
    Let's put it this way, I can appreciate the flavor for what it is but I have yet to find more than one fruity vape I like. This was better than most, more complex and less cough syrup than most, but apparently it has secret plans to take over any and all vaping gear it comes in slightest contact with

10. Aviationrich

Nov 9, 2013
    Amarillo
    It sounds fun.

11. always9988

Nov 27, 2013
    Hicktown, OH
    The order also included blue jazzberry (exactly like a blue raspberry jolly rancher) and nutty caramel apple (I don't even know how to explain this one) and Hobbes blood (watermelon, had a similar problem of can't get the smell out, threw that mini clearo away)

Their flavors taste exactly like what they say they will. They are good in a way, but I had them for a week and aside from tasting the first day, I found myself never actually wanting them after that

12. Aviationrich

Nov 9, 2013
    Amarillo
    My grape is like that now. It was amazing at first, but then it started to taste burnt. Oh well, maybe a quick run to the B&M will help clean my head. I used to want to go to Gander mountain all the time, now it's the smoke shop for juice.

13. always9988

Nov 27, 2013
    Hicktown, OH
    I think I'm gonna put these in the pay it forward and hope for something decent to come back my way. I think I'm done trying xyz company hoping for something (I don't know what) halo has several flavors I like, and the gaps get filled in with a couple other companies so I'm done wasting money searching

14. Bravesfan

Bravesfan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2013
    Grand Island, NE, USA

I've only done the PIF thing once but I got good stuff on my end.

The person I traded with said she liked some of what she got so I thought it was a good deal for both of us.

Actually my daughter really liked the 3 I got and I eventually just gave them to her.

Give it a shot.

I do the same thing, I buy the ones I really like from Halo, then fill in the gaps with the two other vendors I use and it works out well.

Kinda given up on ordering any new samples for awhile because I just can't seem to find anything I really like.

The two vendors I use, besides Halo, I seem to like the majority of what I get so it works.

Cindy

15. BigBen2k

BigBen2k Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    MA, USA
    Try squeezing the wicks, while rinsing them with water. 3 times should do it.

16. weskeene

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    Cool. I did that. I will give the tank a run in a few days.

17. Zombo

Zombo Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
  18. weskeene

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    I think that will end up on tomorrow's shopping list. I can't bear to slay perfectly innocent alcohol for this. Dentures, I have no respect for.

Wes

19. Zombo

Zombo Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Don't go for the fancy stuff, buy generic. Walgreen's brand is under 5 bucks for 90 tablets.

20. weskeene

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    This may be a ridiculous question: Do you use 1 tablet per tank cleaning?

Wes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.