Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Darker mixes such as coffees and thick VG mixes will tend to gunk up or dis-color faster. 75/25 pg/vg Clearer mixes will tend to make clearos and cartos last longer and allow them to be used for longer periods.

This mix allows me to go a full week between cleaning

75/25 PG/VG 24ml NIC
7% 555
1% AP

Can optionally add 1% sweetner if you like a sweeter bite.

nice tobacco flavor with a nuttyness. A lot like Halo's prime 15. Has a nice pale amber color.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Like Raspberries?

TFA Raspberry Sweet 10%
2 Drops EM - per 10ml
1 Drop Smooth - per 10ml

Clean Crisp not in your face Vape - Clear and should not effect the Carto much over time.

Oh and when your carto starts to get tight - Rinse/Dry - Lightly wiggle a thin straight pin through the center down/up. Blow out loosened material. I was surprised this actually works to knock crud off a carto coil and open the air flow back up.

t.d

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
SoCal
Like Raspberries?

TFA Raspberry Sweet 10%
2 Drops EM - per 10ml
1 Drop Smooth - per 10ml

Clean Crisp not in your face Vape - Clear and should not effect the Carto much over time.

Oh and when your carto starts to get tight - Rinse/Dry - Lightly wiggle a thin straight pin through the center down/up. Blow out loosened material. I was surprised this actually works to knock crud off a carto coil and open the air flow back up.

I suspect TFA raspberry cracks tanks. I'll buy some extra tester tanks for this thing. UNless I can fit a glass tank to it :)

But I can actually make this so hopefully its steeped before my prive clone comes in :)

t.d

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
SoCal
Darker mixes such as coffees and thick VG mixes will tend to gunk up or dis-color faster. 75/25 pg/vg Clearer mixes will tend to make clearos and cartos last longer and allow them to be used for longer periods.

This mix allows me to go a full week between cleaning

75/25 PG/VG 24ml NIC
7% 555
1% AP

Can optionally add 1% sweetner if you like a sweeter bite.

nice tobacco flavor with a nuttyness. A lot like Halo's prime 15. Has a nice pale amber color.

lol yeah about thick vg. I'm usually abound 15/85 :)

I forgot about tobacco mixes! I honestly haven't mixed any yet, but I have TFA tobacco and Black Honey tobacco.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
VG has absolutely zero affect on cartomizer life. I use 95% VG with 5% distilled water. You notice I didn't include flavoring percentage. That's because it's unflavored. My punched cartos last a week easily. The challenge with high percentage VG juice is finding the right number of punch holes to use with this viscous liquid.

What gunks up cartos? Flavoring ingredients.

Last edited:

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
yeah agree with yzer. I started a thread yesterday in the cartomizer thread. i'm currently on day 42 of a boge 2.0 single coil vaping unflavored nic. I make it at 70/30 pg/vg with 12 or 18 percent nicotine. I use it about 1/3 to 1/2 the day. naturally sweet and good TH. the other half the day I vape flavored liquids and get 5 days if i'm lucky. good luck

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I suspect TFA raspberry cracks tanks. I'll buy some extra tester tanks for this thing. UNless I can fit a glass tank to it :)

But I can actually make this so hopefully its steeped before my prive clone comes in :)

Let mine steep 2 days. No problem in my T3-mini clearomizers.

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I really like the super concentrates from Ecigexpress and Vaping Zone. So far, from Ecigexprsss from the Flavors Express line I like pear and apricot (at 2.5%). From Vaping Zone, the Blackberry super concentrate is great, I like it at 2%, and from the Gourmet line I like the chocolate truffle, cream and charolette, and strawberry all at .75% (recommended at 1% but I like a bit less). I've read that because there is less flavourings that they are easier on carto's. I'm getting a week and a half to two weeks on Boges.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I run 80%vg/20% everything else. VG HAS ZERO to do with your cartos gunking up. Its a myth well long been busted here in DIYville. My juices are never too runny or leak with those percentages.

Its the flavorings, sugars, and other additives used in juice that gunks attys. If you want your atties to last with dark juices... cartos or any other equipment must be cleaned.... often.

Now on top of that is whether or not they are actually GOOD cartos you are using... and yep there are different qualities of carts, just like any other equipment we have.

I am not a fan of cartos but have tried a ton of them. The only cartos I can bring myself to use ever now are the best ones available and those... are Boge 801 Fusions. Either the std or the xl size. I only keep 2dct tanks around and they both run boge 801's. Yes, its a pain to use the 801/510 adapters but the tradeoff in carto performance is worth it, imo.

Oh... and Ive had one of these carts in use for over five months and it works as well as the day I started using it... and Im vaping VZ black n mild in it exclusively. The other in use is three months old and has french pipe in it. Now theres a couple very dark juices that can supposedly gunk up a carto fast as well... so go figure.

The key to longer life on carts... always keep them wet when in use, and flush them out with water and let them dry completely. In a dct that means... every tank full if running a 2.5-3ml or larger dct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread