Cleaning a atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Most manufacturers don't specifically recommend that you need to clean an atomizer. The only maintenance you should need to do is blow out the atomizer from the threaded connector-side and turn the atomizer over to drain on a paper towel overnight.

Some specific care and maintenance information from Shenzhen Joye Technology may be of interest to you. Go to Electronic Cigarette, E-Cigarette, Elektronische Zigarette, Cartridge, eZigar and open Quick User Manual.

john doe

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
I like to put some water in the microwave. Get it really hot. Put the atomizer in the water and let it sit for a while. Take it out. Blow it out from the battery end into a paper towel or tissue. Let dry completely. It helps get rid of any residue some juices leave behind. I also do this if i want to change flavors on the atomizer. Otherwise it takes a while of get rid of the old flavor. especially if it was a strong flavor.

Well the best way is PEROXIDE.Put your atty in a cup pour the PEROXIDE in.make sure it covers the atty.Leave in for 5 to 10 minutes.Take out of the cup put it in boiling hot water
leave it in the hot water for 5 minutes.When you take it out of the hot water,blow all of the excess water out of it.(REMINDER:)You need to burn out the rest of the Peroxide that is build up in your atty.The best way to do that is you need a MANUAL BATTERY.THE REASON FOR THAT IS THAT YOU CAN BURN IT OFF.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
There is a recent thred on here (my apologies for not finding it...) about using a warm water "blow-out".. followed by a dry burn.... followed by another warm water "blow out"... and then letting the atty dry.

I've been using a method very similar to this for a while now, and IMHO, it is pretty awesome. It doesn't use any "interesting chemicals", doesn't use any specialized equipment, and anybody can do it. And... well... I've been getting amazing results.

YMMV

$.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread