Cleaning a REO feed tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Hey all, I have a REO Grand that I purchased in January. I love it, and it's entered the rotation as a staple PV. I use it almost as much, and possible more than, my ProVari... especially when I'm out and about. I misplaced the instructions a long time and I'm not even sure if this information is on there. What's the best way to clear the feed tube of previous flavors?

A lot of times when I change the juice bottle (and am putting a new flavor in), gently blowing in through the atty is enough to push the excess juice from the feeding tube into a waiting paper towel. I tend towards fruit flavors heavily, so most of my juice is completely inoffensive to mix ever so slightly as the new flavor fills the feed tube and catch-cup. I find most times blowing out the old juice and wiping the catch-cup clean is enough as long as the atomizer is completely clear of flavor via newness or Want2Vape Atty Refresher.

If the flavor I'm changing to is really radically different or a bit hard to get out, I'll take out the bottle off, take off the atty, then fill the catch-cup up halfway with Atty Refresher and REALLY gently blow it through the feed tube into a paper towel. That usually works, too.

Point is, I used a flavor I just can't get the rest of out (MEL's Watermelon Ice). Usually light colored juices with a light fruit flavor aren't so problematic but I'm still getting little whiffs of intense watermelon all about. So, as previously asked, what's the best way to clean it out other than what I've been doing? I was thinking maybe one thing I could do was put about an mL of Atty refresher or Ms. T's Unflavored in a bottle and stick it in and vape it for a while... but there are probably better ways.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I was kind nervous too at first. It really isn't bad at all and yeah, it's easy to get it back in there. All you need is a paper clip to fish it out of the cap. Just ease it out slowly. When you get done cleaning it.

What I do is just push it back into the cap a notch. Then use the same paper clip to push it back into place. It should sit flush on top. You can spot that fairly easily when your done. Afterwards, just screw the bottle back on and your finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread