Cleaning atomizers - worked for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
Hi Folks,

With only 1001 (or so :)) methods to clean atomizers I came up with another one that sure seems to work, at least for me.

I had 2 510 and 2 801 atomizers that were beginning to taste nasty so I filled up my ultrasonic cleaner with white vinegar (whatever it was that came off the store shelf that I also use for cooking) and ran it for 16 minutes (2 max cycles on that particular unit).

The atomizers in question were used on alternate days for at very least a month and blown out every night and left sitting upside down for a day while I used one of the others. 801 goes on the hombrew passthrough at the console here and the 810 goes with me wherever I go that is further away from where the passthrough will reach :).

Anyway, took them out of the ultrasonic / vinegar and washed them out with hottest tap water from the sink. The water was hot enough that they pretty much dried themselves after wiping down the outside with a paper towel. Blew them out and left them upside down overnight and this morning they worked and tasted better!

Don't know if this will work for anyone else, but I'm happy with the results.

HTH!

wyzardd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Broomfield, CO
wyzardd.com
Some nice ones on that site. The one I want is on sale for $7982.00! Maybe I should get two for that price.

I wish I was kidding about wanting it.

# 36" Long Ultrasonic cleaning tank bath.
# Cleaning tank has 600 Watts Heating element with temperature controls.
# 36" Long Ultrasonic lubricating tank bath.
# Lubricating tank has 600 Watts Heating element with temperature controls.
# 2 Stainless steel covers
# Ultrasonic wave generator with SharperTek® IndiWave™ Technology. This technology allows for transducer feedback control to optimize resonance voltage and frequency response.
# 1oz Oil with Needle-Point Dispenser − A little extra oil to take with you on the field in case you need it!
# 2 Brushes − 1 Nylon and 1 Brass.
# Functional Drain Basket; used for cleaning, lubing and draining.

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
I have a sure method that does not need the ultrasonic cleaner. It has been mentioned in previous threads and it works very fast.

Now this only works if you have a manual switch like on the 510/yeti/ etc.
I was able to do this on my USB pass with a 4081 atomizer and blowing on the atomizer to activate it. Little bit of a pain but still worked for the 4081 as well. Just be careful since the H202 can leak into the pass. However if you are using a 501 manual you won't need to worry since there is no hole for the liquid to go into.

All you need to do is take some hydrogen peroxide and drip a few drops on the atomizer. After that hit the manual button for about 15-25 seconds. Then following the cook off, shake off any excess and repeat again. After you second H202 wash then clean under water and let dry over night. It is a charm and I can't believe how well it works.

Some nice ones on that site. The one I want is on sale for $7982.00! Maybe I should get two for that price.

I wish I was kidding about wanting it.

# 36" Long Ultrasonic cleaning tank bath.
# Cleaning tank has 600 Watts Heating element with temperature controls.
# 36" Long Ultrasonic lubricating tank bath.
# Lubricating tank has 600 Watts Heating element with temperature controls.
# 2 Stainless steel covers
# Ultrasonic wave generator with SharperTek® IndiWave™ Technology. This technology allows for transducer feedback control to optimize resonance voltage and frequency response.
# 1oz Oil with Needle-Point Dispenser − A little extra oil to take with you on the field in case you need it!
# 2 Brushes − 1 Nylon and 1 Brass.
# Functional Drain Basket; used for cleaning, lubing and draining.

Could probably clean a car engine in that!

For comparison, I have seen usb ones for about $8

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
... I was able to do this on my USB pass with a 4081 atomizer and blowing on the atomizer to activate it. Little bit of a pain but still worked for the 4081 as well. Just be careful since the H202 can leak into the pass. However if you are using a 501 manual you won't need to worry since there is no hole for the liquid to go into ..
Pursmoker.com will be selling USB passthroughs for 801 and 901 that are sealed, so no danger of liquid getting through.

ShMiGgY

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
this is very similar to my method only i use a different cleaner. Principle is the same though (i use contrex CA, which is an acid/detergent/enzyme cleaner used for laboratory glassware/equipment cleaning).. I put the atty's in a strong solution and sonicate them in our lab ultrasonic cleaner (same thing as a home one, only about twice as strong).

i give them an hour in the solution, and an hour in pure water to clean them off.

Rinse em under a strong stream of water...

they hit like new every time. I cleaned 2 last tuesday, and they are still gargling and giving true flavor all the way into today (saturday).

I am sure your method works b/c mine is similar and working 100% so far..
ultrasonic cleaners are perfect for this use. How else could you get all those nooks and crannies??....

glad to hear it works for you too. i swear mine look brand new after they come out of the treatment and ultrasonic cleaners can be had for pretty cheap. Only thing i don't like about it is waiting for my co-workers to freaking leave for the day so i can clean my attys, lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread