Cleaning Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been tried befor but I got it to work. I have a battery operated denture cleaner. Kinda like a sonic jewlery cleaner. I decided to try cleaning my atty with it. Instead of using just one cleaning tablet I dropped in two. Turned on the switch and let it run for about 15 minutes. Rinsed it off. An used clean water in cleaner for about another 10 minutes. Rinsed my atty again. Blew excess water out and Let it set and drain and dry over night. Checked it out this morning and it was absolutely shiny. Works like brand new. I think one tablet just wasn't enough but 2 works and also don't let it get to gunky. Don't use it over about 5 days at a time without cleaning. Worked great for me. Oh, I used polident tabs. Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.:thumb:

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I know this has been tried befor but I got it to work. I have a battery operated denture cleaner. Kinda like a sonic jewlery cleaner. I decided to try cleaning my atty with it. Instead of using just one cleaning tablet I dropped in two. Turned on the switch and let it run for about 15 minutes. Rinsed it off. An used clean water in cleaner for about another 10 minutes. Rinsed my atty again. Blew excess water out and Let it set and drain and dry over night. Checked it out this morning and it was absolutely shiny. Works like brand new. I think one tablet just wasn't enough but 2 works and also don't let it get to gunky. Don't use it over about 5 days at a time without cleaning. Worked great for me. Oh, I used polident tabs. Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.:thumb:

The most effective chemical clean we know (hydrogen peroxide) works primarily by gas bubbles breaking up the deposit. This could work somewhat in the same way. You could try crushing one of the tabs and putting the powder into the atty and jigging it down inside before putting into the bath.

I will not be generally recommending this, but I think it may have some merit. This or cleaning in vinegar or lemon juice is safe and just possibly better than plain warm water. Even if these do not touch the hardened coil deposit, will at least dissolve dry deposits from the juice that have dried elsewhere, such as in the metal wicking; this alone helps improve performance somewhat by easing juice flow.

I know the tabs are harmless but rinse well after anyway.

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
Don't mean to sound harsh here but I never personally had any issues with deposit build up or failures of any atomizers I have owned. ( knock on wood ) I know people love to play with DIY but there seems to be a trend with people with atty problems that DIY opposed to people who use clean pure liquid or carts from respectable liquid sources here in the forums. The ones who use unmodified liquid seem to have the best success. I know it cost a little more but if you were to buy the specific flavor of liquid you like to consume from a respectable dealer, Failure rate and deposits would decrease. I'm not saying that delusion with PG or possibly VG is the problem although I suspect VG with out thinning may be a problem. I believe it to be some of the crazy flavorings some people buy from flavor suppliers that do not fully disclose ALL of the ingredients that are in the flavors. Bottom Line if it is not water soluble and contains anything that may resemble oil or anything other than flavor essence, Pg, Vg or alcohol, Stay away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread