Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
My GGT Storm was acting up so I gave it a good cleaning. I cleaned the button and threads and it was still acting up. It finally dawned on me to clean that center pole and now all is well. I just pushed up the bottom of the attie cap and used my jewers polishing cloth to clean it. I have never cleaned that before. No wonder it was acting up. :):):)

T-Hefner

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
NJ, USA
stormy,
Very good point...I'm glad ya brought this up....Because I realize that many people prolly were just cleaning the button contacts....

It is very important to clean up the atty pole contact. I too have experienced some lousy vape from letting the atty pole get dirty.

I would go as far as cleaning ALL contacts in GGTS 1 time a week. 1 time every 2 weeks MAX. Because it just starts to go down hill from there, and you will experience problems eventually, and then you will go crazy thinking it is your atty or the battery, etc.

So in summary, CLEAN YOUR CONTACTS! lol.... =)

-Tim

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Tonight my GGTS made me think it had a short. I tried to vape (experimenting with a Greencig carto), and nothing happened. I don't remember when I changed the batteries (2 x RCR123A), so I thought they were dead. When I removed them, they were very hot and there was a "burnt" smell inside of my GGTS! I thought, "Oh, no! I have a short, and no extra springs!" So I took it apart, and the spring was fine. I took the button apart, and the little spring was fine. The threads between the button section and the telescope section felt a little dry, like there was a tiny amount of "grit" in the Noalox. It did NOT feel this way earlier today.

When I cleaned it, put it back together, and put new batteries in it, everything worked fine. :thumbs:

I don't know what happened, but I will be cleaning it better, and more often from now on. I will also make sure there is plenty of Noalox in the threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread