Cleaning my halo triton

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
it's pretty variable, if you burn through the old flavor completely, then you may not need to clean it when switching flavors.

i personally clean out my tanks once a week with a few quick dry burns, an overnight soak in vodka (or PGA), and a warm water rinse.

the gunkier a juice is, the more attention you'll need to pay to the tank. so darker, thicker, sweeter juices may caramelize more quickly and require more frequent cleaning.

others use denture tablets, they're cheap and are really effective at cleaning coils and tanks.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Hi, supermamma.

Like wheez says, the clearer juices can go a while. Or when you notice when refilling that the juice still in the tank is much darker, that's the remnants, and a signal to clean. I can go 5 or 8 refills on Torque56 or Prime15. But VooDoo is one refill, your mileage may differ.

Look around in some other threads here. This has been discussed a lot. I take the tank apart, take out the coil head, and rinse well under hot water. If the wicks are anything other than white, I soak them. If I know I used a pervasive flavor (like Kringles, or Belgian), I'll soak them in cheap vodka, or drop in a denture cleaning tablet.

Welcome. Ain't this Triton cool>??

dead not sleeping

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Land of Thunder, Upstate NY
If they are tasting burnt they probably are. You can pull the top wick out a little and clean it better. If you are lucky, you can even pull the one going thru the coil out a bit and get that clean also, but you risk damaging the coil. I found that twisting it up tighter while wet it will be easier to pull out, but that is a last resort for me. Soaking it for 24 hrs in hot water works better than just a simple rinse.

dns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread