Cleaning silica wick while still in RBa

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I know most of you guys use SS wicks and I have another post where I'm fiddling with a good setup with Ss. But I wanted to know for those of you that use silica/cotton/yarn - how do you clean the gunk under the coils ?

Do you literally use running water on the RBa and coils and dry burn (if silica) or will that ruin the coils? Do you use water and a brush to brush the gunk then dry burn?

It's different to clean and RBa vs a nova since the coils can be move so easily ? What do you guys do to clean silica on your RBa?

Connected via T-A-Talk

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
I know most of you guys use SS wicks and I have another post where I'm fiddling with a good setup with Ss. But I wanted to know for those of you that use silica/cotton/yarn - how do you clean the gunk under the coils ?

Do you literally use running water on the RBa and coils and dry burn (if silica) or will that ruin the coils? Do you use water and a brush to brush the gunk then dry burn? I don't use water.

It's different to clean and RBa vs a nova since the coils can be move so easily ? What do you guys do to clean silica on your RBa?

Connected via T-A-Talk

With silica or ss/silica hybrid, you can run your coils till they catch on fire and let it go out naturally as long as they are firing evenly. Good way to change flavors. When I feel the coil is getting gunked I just recoil. Kanthal is dirt cheap.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I'm new to RBAs, and still open to better ways, but here's what I do so far. Run under hot water, blot dry, and dry burn. Couple times I've soaked it in Iso for a bit and let air dry when the wick was tasting funky, seemed to work and a dry burn wasn't necessary as the alcohol got rid of the build up around the coil. I've tried lighting the juice and letting in burn off but that seemed to make the wick taste funny.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
wow, so you literally just put the RBA under the faucet or in a glass with alc or distilled water , let it soak. not a bad idea.

Another thing I do a lot if the coil is gunked up but the wick isn't too mucked up is just simply blot the wick with a paper towel and do a dry burn.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread