Cleaning the Saphire and Dry Burn - Official Sapphire Cleaning Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingMattCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
The Saphire can be cleaned and coil dry burned :closedeyes:

** Made a modication to procedure which will help wick the coil better: See step 14 *****

1. Empty whatever juice remains.

2. Take the emptied Saphire and srew onto your device

3. Gently wiggle and pull the plastic tank away just like you would do to remove the plastic tube off a clear CE-2. It should come off pretty easily.

4. Pull factory wicking out of the metal casing that is over the atty coil cup thing. You will likely see that at least part of it is burnt.

5. Remove the gasket from the metal top thing

6. Now here is the hardest part: Pry the metal top thing off the top of the atty. I used a glasses screwdriver by placing it in the open space where the air channel part of the tank would go. It is attached with some glue so it may take a bit of prying to get it off. Becareful not to damage the coil.

7. Take coil part and place in 91% iso prop alc. Let soak for an hour or so.

8. Remove from alc bath and blow out the alc and place in front of a fan to speed drying.

9. Dry Burn: Put atty on your device and do several cycles of getting the coil red. Becareful not to hold the button for too long and if using a VV or VW device turn the watts or voltage down to lowest setting. Keep doing this until coil is clean and wick the coil is over is white.

10. Now that the coil is brand new clean again put a couple of drops of your liquid on it to prime it. Do not use too much or you will have a mess.

11. Place gasket thing over the metal piece.

12. Cut a piece of CE-2 wicking. You can experiment with how long you want it to be.

13. Wet the wick with some water and put aside.

14. Take your wick and insert from bottom of metal thing to the top. Leave part of it below which will end up being right on top of the coil. This will help improve the wicking.

15. Put the metal top back on. It will snap back into place. I don't have any of the magic glue so I didn't glue mine back in place but it works perfectly without it.

16. Line up tank so that that air channel is over the exposed part of the atty assembly and push it on. No need to glue it.

17. Fill with your favorite juice and vape.

If it is slow wicking or a little dry take a few drags without pressing your button and if that doesn't help remove the mouth piece and put up on the fill plug slightly. This will allow a small amt of air to escape. You don't want to remove it completely or too much juice will flow and it will flood the atty.

With routine cleaning the Saphire should last a very, very long time!

I have never made a video for ECF before but if these instructions are not clear I am willing to make a video showing this procedure. Just let me know.

Attachments

• Saphire_8.jpg
    Saphire_8.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 331
  • Saphire_7.jpg
    Saphire_7.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 317
  • Saphire_6.jpg
    Saphire_6.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 335
  • Saphire_5.jpg
    Saphire_5.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 325
  • Saphire_4.jpg
    Saphire_4.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States
This instruction is completely helpfull and thanks sooo much for taking the time for explaining....This explaining is AWSOME. You know though,,I am a very visual person,,and I think it would be great to see a video of it :) but again, I have to say, you did a great job explain it here,,,thanks for the step by step detail you put into it...sooo appreciated!!!

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I don't use alcohol on my CE2's, but from what I've read quite a few people do.

Personally I like to pre-soak the coils in a little distilled white vinegar for a day or two before rinsing and dry-burning. I find it cuts down on the amount of dry-burning needed and eliminates the smoke and smell associated with it. Of course, a lot of what works best for you is going to depend on the e-liquid you're using.

do you find the alcohol really does anything? I tried it on a couple ce2's and it made 0 difference.

I think these can be dry burned fully assembled just like the ego-t at least that's what I'm going to try.

VapingMattCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
I have tried cleaning CE-2's with just distilled water and then dry burn but they did not come out as clean when I used the alc instead. Water can't break down the PG/VG like the alc can. The alc evaporates fast. I put in front of a fan just for good measure and have had no problems. After drying and the dry burns there shouldn't be anything left of the alc on the atty.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
stothe are you sure they come off easy, i have one here that wont pop off no matter what i do. its pising me off

ok i had to jiggle it extra hard. got it

also i think people are confusing gunk and burnt, the wick does not burn, i just torched it for 3 minute straight, clean as new, it gets gunked not burnt.

Last edited:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
and i can confirm stothe and streth, i was able to take it apart, change the wick, clean it, put it together and have it work like a beast all over again, very impressed, very easy and this deserves a video

i modded this faster then i mod a ce2, amazing

update, plumes and plumes of nonstop vapor. amazing

Last edited:

VapingMattCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
and i can confirm stothe and streth, i was able to take it apart, change the wick, clean it, put it together and have it work like a beast all over again, very impressed, very easy and this deserves a video

I am actually going to make a video tomorrow night or over the weekend. I am going to test using something different for the wick tonight which I think might improve the wicking performance even more. Chris where do I get the Gotvapes graphics? I want to put them in the video I am going to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread