Cleaning with Polident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
I cleaned my njoy atomizer today with Polident made for retainers and partials. Package said it cleans tough stains and is safe for use on metal. I used about 1/2 cup of hot tap water and soaked the atomizer for 5 minutes. Then I took it out leaving the atomizer about half full with the solution and gave it a gentle shake with fingers over both ends for maybe 30 seconds. Then I rinsed it well with tap water. Next I blew my brains out on the battery end until no more water came out. I dried the outside with a towel and then used a cotton swab to really dry the outside end that connects to the battery. I also swabed the inside of the tube being careful not to touch the little bump at the bottom. Then I dripped 3 drops of e-liquid in the atomizer, popped in a cartridge and began puffing. Works like a charm. This atomizer is a month old and smoke production had decreased somewhat. Also, I tried using Crown7 cartridges in my Njoy and after a couple of puffs, it tasted burnt. There is still a hint of the burnt taste, maybe from some fibers getting down in the atomizer. But it's a lot better. Won't be using anymore Crown7 cartridges. Probably will end up squeezing out the liquid from these cartridges and using it to refresh Njoy cartridges. Next thing that would make sense to me would be to gently scrape the little guts of the atomizer and then use canned air to blow out any debris. But that's for another day. :)

MNZ

NZ Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
As some of you maybe aware I've been playing around with making up a really cleaning solution and have been trying a number of different things. What I'm really cautious about is putting anything into my atomizers that might leave behind a residual, potentially harmfull or foul tasting substance.

The more I've played around with different things, The more I realise what is needed is either a very pure solvent that will evaporate away and leave nothing behind or simply pure water. Pure alcohol (ethanol) would have been perfect, but it is almost impossible to buy.

I like the idea of an active substance like fizzy polident and I'm going to give this a try. I'm also keen on the ultrasonic cleaner idea as well.

I'm sure polident will have alsorts of other stuff added to it and need extensive rinsing in water afterwards to get rid of them.

I have recently been trying this ... atomizer cart end up in a shot glass under a slowly running hot tap for around 10 minutes. Once it's washed, I blow out the water held inside and either leave it in the sun to dry or place it on top of my convection heater for an hour or two (it's winter here) as long as a hair drier was on a low heat setting that would work. It's airflow rather than just heat that dries them out. This has been working quite well, but of course completely strips away any juice held in the fibres in the centre of the atomizer coil, so it needs a couple of drops of juice and a full cart in place for 15-30 minutes before using it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread