Cleaning you palate. Testing a lot of different juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalVI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
CORINTH TX
Going to vape Blast in Texas this month and want to try a lot of different juices and I have a few questions. When I got a Russian the taste of my current juices seemed to explode, much better flavor than before. I have tried a few new mixes since then and they are better at home than at the B&M, so if I like it at the B&M chances are it it even better in the Russian or Kayfuns.

I do not have a dripper set up but was considering getting one for testing at Vape Blast. I don't know how much of the old flavor remains if you don't change the wick when changing juice so this could be a problem. I also don't want to have to change cotton after every try so that may be an issue as well. Looking for suggestions here.

I would think that trying a new juice would be best on a clean palate. What would be good to drink between tests, and why. I was thinking beer but that might not work out so well.:D I plan to test a LOT!

D

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Years ago, while traveling in the Caribbean, I was in a perfume shop. You know "duty free" yada yada. Anyway, after you spray a few of those on those little paper strips and fill the air with florals and musk, everything starts to smell the same. The shopkeepers brought out a small can of fresh ground coffee from under the counter. One sniff and you're back to normal.

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
Going to Vape Blast in Texas this month and want to try a lot of different juices and I have a few questions. When I got a Russian the taste of my current juices seemed to explode, much better flavor than before. I have tried a few new mixes since then and they are better at home than at the B&M, so if I like it at the B&M chances are it it even better in the Russian or Kayfuns.

I do not have a dripper set up but was considering getting one for testing at Vape Blast. I don't know how much of the old flavor remains if you don't change the wick when changing juice so this could be a problem. I also don't want to have to change cotton after every try so that may be an issue as well. Looking for suggestions here.

I would think that trying a new juice would be best on a clean palate. What would be good to drink between tests, and why. I was thinking beer but that might not work out so well.:D I plan to test a LOT!

D

I dont think silica will hold on to the flavor as strongly.. Might want to carry some paper towels or napkins or something to clean up any juice that's left on the cap or the deck of the dripper.

I mix my own juices at home, I sample them back to back before putting them up to steep.. between taste tests I have some 50/50 pg vg no nic no flavor juice that I drip and vape.. IMO it helps to bring the flavor down to a point where it won't mix with the next flavor you drip.

If you go with the cheap disposable drippers I've heard it's easy enough to pull them off of your pv, turn them over and blow out any old juice.. but that doesn't sound like what you want.

I personally only have an igo W so far but i can easily and heavily recommend it. Love the thing.. And it was less than 20.00 (17 at a local B&M) I'm looking at getting a couple more from the igo line.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I use Christys Cappucino from Alien Visions to cleanse my palate. It an AWESOME coffee flavor with just the right amount of cream and sugar and such a true flavor I swear I can taste fresh coffee grounds in it. You can find at avejuice.com under their premium line.

The owner makes it for his wife so you know it has to be good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread