Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes I am going to follow this one Clear Coating your Reo Grand, AND Removing It

Was just wondering if anyone had any advice that maybe wasn’t in the thread.

I'll just throw this in. Because it applies to doing just about Any Clear Coating.

And that is doing Lots of Light Coats (and letting them Fully Dry between Coats) is Better than doing One or Two Heavy Coats. It Takes Longer. And it is More Work. But it makes for a Better Finish.

That, and you have to make sure that the Bare Surface is COMPLETELY Free of any type of Oils before you do the 1st Coat. So wear Gloves when you Prep the Bare Surface or when you Clean it with something like 91% Isopropyl Alcohol.

And try Not to Touch the Coated Surface with your Bare Hands between Coats.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
image.jpg
593C97FA-1722-4E4D-B9DD-8BE23DB50435.jpeg
I cleaned it with really hot water and dried thoroughly with low lint cloth. I was skeptical to use alcohol now that I think of it idk why. Anyways I will use alcohol on my Grand the p67 is already hanging with its first coat

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
View attachment 743683 View attachment 743685 I cleaned it with really hot water and dried thoroughly with low lint cloth. I was skeptical to use alcohol now that I think of it idk why. Anyways I will use alcohol on my Grand the p67 is already hanging with its first coat

Looks Good.

Just be sure to let it Fully Dry before handling it.

Trying to rush things is an Easy Mistake to make. And one that I have Done.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you! I am doing multiple light coats. I already have I think 4-5 light coats on the p67 and 1 on the grand. No runs looks so glossy:) I am tempted to buy a TRA Grand and paint it a custom color now :evil:

Yeah... After you get a Successful re-coat or 2 under your belt, you will Start to eye things around the House as Potential Candidates.

Like the End Table in the Family Room where someone put a Glass on it and it left a Ring. Or that Bookcase in the Hall that never had a very good Finish to start.

LOL.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Looks like a fine job to me (did you Photoshop? :lol:). I think the vein's are the best looking of all the REO's and yours is going to stay that way a long time. Nice work.
Thank you; I hope I got even coverage it’s kind of hard to tell with clear coat and also the fact that I was conservative with my spraying; this is probably the first time I used a spray can without drips or runs. At lot more was at stake I guess lol the pressure was on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread