Clearo > RDA > Carto

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggypinggy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi guys, just want to share my little story! My English isn't perfect, please don't mind ^_^!
I have been vaping for about 5months and I've finally found what I really want.
I started with Clearo but it had a lot of problems and then I kind of felt tired.
After that, my friends started to use rda. So I joined them, it was really fun,
I spent a lot of time to learn how to rebuild an atomizer!
Last week, I was traveling to Vegas with my vape. It was a sad experience, I spent 10 days in Vegas and I was just so tired of my rda.
I meant it was very annoying to drip juices every few minutes. I enjoyed the vape with it but it was just not fun at all....
In the middle of the trip, my vape was dying and I had to rebuild it.
After that day, I was like fk that, I went to a local vaping shop and got two carto tanks and caromizers.
It has been 5 days I am using Carto. It's so far the best vaping experience in my life.
I just want to tell new vaper, ask yourself what you really want, don't just follow what other people buy (like I did)
For me, I will still use RDA but only at home because it gives me better taste than carto (imo)....
But for school / work or anytime I'm not at home, I would use carto.

Thank you for reading^_^! I hope you guys can understand me......
Have a great weekend!!

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I share your experience. Carto tanks are by far the best. I build and fiddle for fun now not necessity!!! :) vaping shouldn't be stressful or drive us to analogs. Cartos taste great and work great. Even after a few months and hitting a dud here and there has been far better experience than ANY clearomizer!!! :) hapoy vaping!!!

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
Understood and LOL, same road traveled meself.

I have had the same progression as well, although I still use my Clearo's. I love the cartotank setup I have from IBTanked, but Im not super experienced yet with cartos and Im having some troubles...

Nothing major but as I see it there shouldn't be much to go wrong if the carto is prepped/soaked well before adding juice to tank, Im having the problem with pre punched flanged carto and slotted (myself) standard boge cartos, where they start to gurgle when the tank is half or more empty:confused: cant seem to clear the flood by blowing in either direction just have to keep tank filled higher? does this sound familiar?

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
...Im having the problem with pre punched flanged carto and slotted (myself) standard boge cartos, where they start to gurgle when the tank is half or more empty:confused: cant seem to clear the flood by blowing in either direction just have to keep tank filled higher? does this sound familiar?

What's odd is that for me when the tank is at and below the 1/2 way point is when the carto is at it's best.
Boge tank and Boge prepunched.
The few times I've flooded gently blowing from the connection/bottom end while pointing the cart downwards has worked the trick.

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
What's odd is that for me when the tank is at and below the 1/2 way point is when the carto is at it's best.
Boge tank and Boge prepunched.
The few times I've flooded gently blowing from the connection/bottom end while pointing the cart downwards has worked the trick.

Ok that is interesting, I think these are good quality carto's. Curious what is your method for priming them?

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
Same as vj above ^ with the addition of a toothpick placed in the center hole. Several drops and shake it down into the filler.

Baditude's blog is where I first read this approach, works the trick!

Yup sounds good, I've seen Bad's blog and I've filled using that method and the "condom" method as well they both work, but with mostly VG juice the top fill method is long and annoying:unsure:

I've taken to my own method too, which is to cover the 510 conn. with the condom, drip in the top and blow down from the top (with piece of toothpick) until liquid is coming out the punched or slotted holes. Do you see any problem with that?

shelzmike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
United States
Good post. Thanks for sharing your experience. It just goes to show that there are as many preferences as there are vapers and as there are components to use.

I am a new vaper myself (less than a week, but that is also less than a week off analogs, which I am stoked about) and I want to try out as many different components and setups as I can to at least have the experience (I mean you don't know what you don't know). Currently, I am using a Kanger EVOD clearo and it is decent (in as much as I have no experience with anything else) but due to the cheap cost, I would like to try out a carto for a little while in my rotation to see what that is about. Only problem is that I have NO idea what a good ego carto would be to start with and give me a decent experience. As much as I have heard about boge that is good, I have also heard bad...(so as it seems with anything though really) so I am not sure where to go. I would like one that doesn't have the flat pipe style drip tip though.

Mike

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
You simply can't go wrong with a good carto-tank! I use my IBtanked tanks daily, I enjoy and have had great success wrapping coils for my rebuildables, but will never give up my carto-tanks. I thought when I started rebuilding, that would be the end of using carto-tanks, but it hasn't. I don't think you can find anything as hassel-free as a carto-tank, or at least I haven't.

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
While I have to agree that Carto tanks are the best vape available I have to also point out that in my humble opinion the QA is shotty at best from all of the manufactures (extremely general conclusion, I know).

I can say that when I get a cart that is built as designed (and advertised) I am in vaping nirvana. When I have 30 % fall out from poor assembly (dry hits, resistance not within a reasonable range from cart to cart, etc) then I am no further ahead than if I used a PT or variant.

Don't get me wrong, after experiencing a carto I could never give up my quest for the perfect cart. The journey continues.....

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I agree.with jwag1973... Ibtanked with my laser boges from surevapes are my fave!!! Got several set up at a time with different flavors... When im in the mood to tinker I play around with my rba/rda's or make new coils for my husbands protanks... He prefers those and I maintain them for him. Best of both worlds for me, lol... I have a BUNCH of clearos in my desk-cuz at first thats what I used... Not anymore -love my carto tanks...

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Clearo>Carto>Carto tank> now atties until the carto QC and supply improves 10 fold. After getting 30% duds and counting on the last batch, im gun shy.

I tried a Joye 510 LR and could not believe how well it performed so i got a SMOK Caterpillar RDA and a friend gave me a Cobra Genny which i haven't used yet. Not sure if im going to like the genny style RTAs yet but i love the SMOK RDA sofar.

I still really enjoy my IBtanked but the horrible quality control of cartos forced me to look at other options. I can buy 50 pre made Kanthal coils for about $10. It only takes a few minutes to install and verify the impedance. Cotton balls are cheap. O-rings are cheap.

Last edited:

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread