Clearomizer and Dual Coil Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Lubbock, Texas, United States
I just got my shipment of 3085 808-D XL CLEAROMIZER 2.6-2.8 OHM from MadVapes. And on the same day I got my 510 Dual Coil 1.5ohm MEGA SOFT CAP Blank Cartomizers from litecigusa. So this is the day one report based on using each of them. I'll post as things occur until all five of both carts are gone. So, the final scores might adjust from day to day.

First I filled one clearomizer with the recommended one mil of litecigs Green Mint juice. Right off I had to use the plastic needle since I ordered a twenty guage and it was too big. I'm not sure of the correct size, but 20 isn't it :facepalm:

However I used the syringe to fill two of the dual coils with about a mil or slightly more each. It sure beats the condom or dropper method in my opinion. The 20 gage needle was great. Filled it from bottom to top without any fuss a'tall. I let all three units sit overnight and none leaked. No more filling issues ever.

I use a Maxi RoughStack with the standard 6v setup at work since I am in an industrial plant and need something that can be roughed up. On goes the clearo (cleario?) and instantly I got a nasty burned taste. It reminded me of lighting the wrong end of an analog. Tried a second puff. No luck, just a nasty taste. Obviously this model isn't for 6V.

I put the dual coil on the roughstack. Very nice. Smooth hit, good flavor, decent vapor. And it lasted a long time compared to the normal sized carts I have used. BTW I was a heavy smoker. So I tend to draw really deep and get that "full lung" thing going. I pulse the switch so it's not constant. But there is a lot of juice used. So, long for me is likely really long lasting for someone else. All day, 2ml on two carts. I'll refill them later and we'll see how it goes.

I also use a 5v passthru in my vehicle or inside the house. The cleario did much better at 5v than at 6v. After vaping about half the juice I got that burned thing again though. I am wondering if the wick is having trouble keeping up? S'ok though I have five of them to try and use. In order to be thorough I will bore folks with more than one review.

Finally, I also keep my smoketip 3.7 batteries charged in case of an emergency. The cleario works fine on it as I type this. The vapor is cooler than at 5 and way cool compared to the 6volt obviously. The taste is similar and the production is fine. As usual the smoketip battery somehow provides an easier draw. We'll see if the cleario is a battery drainer or not.

Kudos to Litecigs customer service. They sent the wrong juice with the dual coil order. One email later Chris had new juice on the way. I wasn't even mad since the error was simply a different menthol flavor. I offered to send back the unused juice and he declined.

So far the score for me is Dual Coil 1-0 simply because I could not use the cleario until after I left work and was no longer tied to my daily walk around PV. Obviously the cleario is useful on two of my three PV's and once I test the Dual Coils the score could conceivably change.

Thanks for reading. Comments and advice always welcomed :laugh: Hopefully future posts won't be as wordy.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
The only comments I can make are just these: The Dual Coil Cartos hold about 1.7 ml. Only using 1 ml in them is going to lead to scorching juice and specifically so when you're running them at 6.0v. Keep those really wet above 5v. I'm really surprised you didn't scorch your juice. -- The 2.8 ohm clearos are not suited at all to 6.0v. Even 5.0v is getting to the top of their range.

At 2.8 ohms, the clearo won't be a "battery drainer".

Hope that helps you to enjoy both the DCs and the Clearos. Happy vaping!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I thought I would add my experience here since we are talking about the same thing.

I've tried the clear CE2 cartos and really liked the way they vaped but like everybody else has said, they crack really easy. Even just sitting unused a couple days. 1 I had taken apart VERY CAREFULLY to clean and it never seal at the bottom good after that. When I screwed them on the battery the plastic tube turned causing leakage. You can glue them after cleaning but then you can't take them apart again to clean. Or you can make a tube with a 3ml syringe, which I did and it works fine and can't crack but I had to glue the bottom so now I can't clean it. The other one 1 hadn't taken apart and I found it cracked after sitting a couple days disconnected from the battery. I've heard that some juices can cause them to crack. They're are too delicate for me.

Then I tried the 510 XL CLEAROMIZER 2.4-2.6 OHM from Madvapes 510 XL CLEAROMIZER 2.4-2.6 OHMand the plastic tubes are a bit thicker and haven't cracked yet. I haven't taken one apart yet to see if they seal at the bottom, we'll see. So far I love them.

Then I tried Dual Coil Heavy Vapor (DCHV) Clear 510 compatible mega cartomizers from Vapor Kings Dual Coil Heavy Vapor (DCHV) Clear 510 compatible mega cartomizers. These are clear plastic but with filler material. I wasn't sure about this because I don't like filler material in cartos. The plastic tubes are thicker like the ones above and haven't cracked (yet) and I really love how they perform.Vapor production and flavor is awesome at 3.7v and at 5v.

I've also tried the Giantomizers & Maximizer (they are the same, just different name) and haven't had the leaky issues that so many other people have complained about. I don't much care for that huge rubber mouthpiece mainly because it doesn't seat very tight and can come off too easily. My only real complaint about these is that I occassionally get a mouthful of juice. I hate that!! So I ordered a Joye ego XL alum drip tip for because I read somewhere that it would fit the giantomizer. We'll see. It hasn't arrived yet. These 2 humongomizers produce tons of warm vapor and the flavor is good too but would be better with a plastic mouthpiece instead of that huge rubber one.

So those are my thoughts and hope they help.

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
I totally agree that the clearomizers I got are not 5v or 6v worthy. But, they rock at 3.7. I have two opened that have each been refilled about three times a day since I first posted. No leaks. And I love seeing the juice level. So, I am not finding more cartomizers at 3.7. The whole not having to worry about vaping dry is so awesome. I've decided to hold off on testing the dual coils until I can step down to a lower voltage.

I need to find the video on cleaning clearomizers as well.

I appreciate all the comments and observations. Happy Fathers Day to all.

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
Clearomizers are great for me. They require some work to get them working well. I use 2.4-2.6ohm at 3.7. 3ohm might be ok at 5v. 2.4 not really suitable. Dual coils work exceptionally well at 6v. Funny enough they work pretty good at 3.7 too. Love my maxi roughstack great device. Clearos won't be good for any pocket related transport. (while on the device) Ce2-x from gotvapes have very beefy tubes and better wicks than most. Good luck

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
I checked out the video and had no problem taking them apart. My problem was getting the inner cup back over the coil/ceramic assembly in the right position. I'm also not sure how long to dry burn. This time I did it until there was just a little 'smoke' to speak of. Two 'new' clearios back in the box.

I'd guess that each was refilled about 15-20 times before I took them apart for cleaning. That was with me off for 7 days and having all day to vape my fool head off. At work (7 days on x 12hrs) I don't get near that much time to vape and so am betting that they'll go the week before cleaning is needed.

I'm getting ready to order an 808 to 510 adapter so i can continue testing the dual coils at my lower voltage 808 devices.

Thanks for the input guys!

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
I've now been vaping almost exclusively on the same four clearios at 3.7 volts for 16 days or so. I've cleaned each of them twice as of tonight and totally lost count of refills. I've gone thru about 45 mils of liquid for anyone wanting to do the math. I love being able to see the amount of liquid in the tank. I am even starting to associate taste differences based on liquid volume.

I had one casualty. I over dry burned one tonight and now it won't glow. I am going to go over it with a meter tomorrow before pronouncing it dead.

I also have one that developed very fine cracks at the base. As a precaution, I flipped the tube tonight so it is on the mouthpiece side. So far no leaks.

Of the original five, one is still in the wrapper. The other four have stood up to some really heavy vaping both in leisure and industrial settings. The only change I am going to make will be to order a higher resistance for the next batch so I can use my 5 and 6 volt devices. I would just order the new five volt battery except that I am leery of new stuff. And I already keep track of way too many chargers and cords etc.

I would also like to thank those who commented on this thread. I really appreciate the great advice and information. Y'all rock.

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I would just order the new five volt battery except that I am leery of new stuff. And I already keep track of way too many chargers and cords etc.

The 5.0v ni-mh batts are not very new. They've been around a while. I own half a dozen of them and can tell you they are worthwhile. They do require their own special charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread