Clearomizer KR808D-1 - Flat tip like standard Cartomizer - Do they exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

analogkid12

Jun 21, 2013
ct
Been modifying clearomizers for my KR808D-1 (V2) Battery by removing the extended narrow tip (usually black)and using parts and end piece from regular prefilled cartos as a gasket to seal and end piece. Does anyone know of a clearomizer that looks more like a standard carto or regular cig ? Really would like one with a screw on thread for the cap like the new v2 non beta clearo, but open to anything I do not ned to mod, thanks

analogkid12

Jun 21, 2013
ct
I haven't used a drip tip but can't you unscrew the mouthpiece and put a flat top one on?

Problem is most have the screw thread or non standard tip size opening, mouthpiece does not fit properly , at least on what I have tried. Does anyone sell flat end tips with a screw thread to secure to clearo with thread? Thanks

CookingWithGuns

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Problem is most have the screw thread or non standard tip size opening, mouthpiece does not fit properly , at least on what I have tried. Does anyone sell flat end tips with a screw thread to secure to clearo with thread? Thanks

Would searching for 808 flat drip tip turn up something?

shakeytails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Kentucky, United States
I've been using these with my V2 batts, and they work on the Triton battery as well...
e-Smart clearomizers - package of 5

Thanks for that. I have V2 batteries that I'd like to continue using, but was afraid to order unknown clearos for it. The "official" V2 clearos are a tad overpriced. Do you know if the blank cartos from this site work well with V2s?

Eranda13

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Bethlehem, PA
The Kanger eSmart clearomizers work great on V2 batteries, and they're MUCH better quality and price than the V2 liquimax clearos- that's what I'm using right now. Vaporkings.com also has some flat top ones for 808 batteries. I can't get a pic to load, but if you search clearomizers on their website, you will see them. I think they're Kanger M3s?

analogkid12

Jun 21, 2013
ct
I have used the M3's..work great and have the flat end piece, but still too long. They have a 2 piece design, unfortunately, where they connect is to small to insert a standard plastic cap or they would be perfect. I have modified these with various carto parts including the end cap of the m3, but it pops off sometimes. Looking for a clearo that can use standard cart end caps that screw in and do not add length to the clearo. The Kanger esmart has a similiar design as the m3 from what I can see, never used it though..Thanks for the suggestions...

The Kanger eSmart clearomizers work great on V2 batteries, and they're MUCH better quality and price than the V2 liquimax clearos- that's what I'm using right now. Vaporkings.com also has some flat top ones for 808 batteries. I can't get a pic to load, but if you search clearomizers on their website, you will see them. I think they're Kanger M3s?

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I think the ones Eranda13 refers to are these: KR808D-1 blank clearomizers - package of 5

I use both the e-smart and these. I prefer these flat-topped ones because of the mouthpiece: I remove the little endcap and use the open plastic tip as a drip tip. Although I'd like them better if they had long wicks like the e-smarts, they perform well and last as long as the e-smarts. (They're shaped so that the opening is smaller and so far I haven't found a drip tip that will fit.)

analogkid12

Jun 21, 2013
ct
Yes, these are the ones I have used.( KR808D-1 blank clearomizers - package of 5 )Do you get more Vapor or throat hit with the longer wicks (the esmarts), I have not tried the esmarts and could use more info. I purchased the shorter wick clearos from Vapor Kings as well, lightning fast shipping, good quality. I remove the small plastic mouthpiece and rubber end cap, cut the plastic stopper and place the endcap back on to shorten the size of clearo and have a flat end.Works pretty well with these. Guess it looks like I will just need to modify these for now, appreciate all the info, thank You

I think the ones Eranda13 refers to are these: KR808D-1 blank clearomizers - package of 5

I use both the e-smart and these. I prefer these flat-topped ones because of the mouthpiece: I remove the little endcap and use the open plastic tip as a drip tip. Although I'd like them better if they had long wicks like the e-smarts, they perform well and last as long as the e-smarts. (They're shaped so that the opening is smaller and so far I haven't found a drip tip that will fit.)

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Yes, these are the ones I have used.( KR808D-1 blank clearomizers - package of 5 )Do you get more Vapor or throat hit with the longer wicks (the esmarts), I have not tried the esmarts and could use more info. I purchased the shorter wick clearos from Vapor Kings as well, lightning fast shipping, good quality. I remove the small plastic mouthpiece and rubber end cap, cut the plastic stopper and place the endcap back on to shorten the size of clearo and have a flat end.Works pretty well with these. Guess it looks like I will just need to modify these for now, appreciate all the info, thank You

To be honest, I haven't noticed much difference in vape quality between the two. Neither have I found that one lasts longer than the other. I like the "no name" clearos because they have a large round clear tip that I find more comfortable. I like the e-smarts because they have the long wicks and a screw-on tip. If someone would come out with the no-name clearos with long wick and clear screw-on tip, I'd be set!

analogkid12

Jun 21, 2013
ct
Thanks for the info. One question...Do the e-smart tips come apart, ie does the screw in part seperate from the extended mouthpiece or is it just one piece that can not be seperated? Thanks

To be honest, I haven't noticed much difference in vape quality between the two. Neither have I found that one lasts longer than the other. I like the "no name" clearos because they have a large round clear tip that I find more comfortable. I like the e-smarts because they have the long wicks and a screw-on tip. If someone would come out with the no-name clearos with long wick and clear screw-on tip, I'd be set!

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Just took a good look at the e-smart tip; sorry I'm not able to post a pic. The tip has five components: from top down, black plastic mouthpiece, metal ring, ?silicon? o-ring, metal threads, small hollow black plastic plug/tube (that connects with atomizer tube). There are probably correct technical terms for these parts, but I don't know them...

They appear to be solidly attached, and I'm not sure, if you were able to detach the mouthpiece from the rest, if what was left would accommodate a drip tip or end cap, or be comfortable to use as is.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Oh wait! Something just occurred to me, if you would be willing to move away from the 808 configuration. Have you looked at the eRoll (aka emini)? There's a subforum here about it, and you can check it out here: Ovale emini - OVALE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE (e-cigarette)

The emini has a flat-top tank cartridge you may find interesting. emini Tank Cartridge (5 pack) - OVALE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE (e-cigarette)

PBusardo has a good review of the emini: A PBusardo Review - The emini AKA eRoll - YouTube

There ya go! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread