Status
Not open for further replies.

DLite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
CA
www.vapealiciousjuice.com
This thread is for all things Clearomizers and Map tanks. For anyone who is wondering about them or for all that have ordered and are using them post here questions or insight on how they work the vapor production they put off and how long one fill will last. They are new and I know many of us are questioning their performance so any insight will be helpful :)

Rudy33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I got mine from gotvapes yesterday. I ordered the reg and XL 510 and a pack for the 808's all in 2.6 - 2.8 ohms. I've only tried the reg 510 so far.

The little card that comes with each pack says to remove the plug and inner silicone ring. The plug came out easy but the ring didn't want to come out. I was using tweezers and felt like it was going to break the plastic if I was to try anymore. You do not need to remove ring to fill, I opted to leave it until a video comes out :)

The gel ring has a couple holes in it for filling. Hard to spot but they are there. I have a 3ml syringe that fit the blue filler tip that is supplied perfectly. However, if your juice is on the thicker side don't try to draw the liquid into the syringe with this tip because it is very tiny and has a hard time drawing. I took the tip off, loaded the syringe with my juice and put the tip back on. Stick the tip into one of the provided holes in the gel ring and fill slowly. I found it easier to make sure the carto was vertical when filling so the air bubbles escape.

IMO - they work very well compared to other carto's with filler. They don't leak, hold a good amount of juice but the juice flavor is lost a bit as well as TH. You will also get a bit of burnt taste if you chain vape and let the carto get hot. The coil is at the top so it helps to tip upside down in between vapes to saturate the wick.

Pace your vaping intervals to let the carto re-wick, use a stronger flavor juice and hold horizontal when vaping like smoking a reg cig. for best results.

Overall - I am happy with them - using a VGO900.

Last edited:

Trish342

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Mansfield Tx
I got mine from gotvapes yesterday. I ordered the reg and XL 510 and a pack for the 808's all in 2.6 - 2.8 ohms. I've only tried the reg 510 so far.

The little card that comes with each pack says to remove the plug and inner silicone ring. The plug came out easy but the ring didn't want to come out. I was using tweezers and felt like it was going to break the plastic if I was to try anymore. You do not need to remove ring to fill, I opted to leave it until a video comes out :)

The gel ring has a couple holes in it for filling. Hard to spot but they are there. I have a 3ml syringe that fit the blue filler tip that is supplied perfectly. However, if your juice is on the thicker side don't try to draw the liquid into the syringe with this tip because it is very tiny and has a hard time drawing. I took the tip off, loaded the syringe with my juice and put the tip back on. Stick the tip into one of the provided holes in the gel ring and fill slowly. I found it easier to make sure the carto was vertical when filling so the air bubbles escape.

IMO - they work very well compared to other carto's with filler. They don't leak, hold a good amount of juice but the juice flavor is lost a bit as well as TH. You will also get a bit of burnt taste if you chain vape and let the carto get hot. The coil is at the top so it helps to tip upside down in between vapes to saturate the wick.

Pace your vaping intervals to let the carto re-wick, use a stronger flavor juice and hold horizontal when vaping like smoking a reg cig. for best results.

Overall - I am happy with them - using a VGO900.

Couldnt have said it better myself. :) I have the xl 510 so far and like them.

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
So basically these are the factory made versions of the syringe mods and others I've seen? First I heard of them. Wonder what they will cost? I'll stick to making my own syringe mods.

I will say this though I love the syringe mod so the clearosil-mizer is a good bet if anything like the mod. Don't know why but for some reason just the slight bit more inner diameter and/or the plastic used seems to make for a way better vape. But it does suck down the juice alot faster. Is nice to see inside too so you know when juice is low, but I woud add that it does not have to be kept topped off constantly.
Many times I was vaping heavily and noticed juice did not looked "pooled" up in the bottom, but the wicks were very well soaked.

I can see where this would be good for many who either don't have tools or do not want to mess with DIY a syringe so its all good. Actually I was wondering if it would ever come around to be manufactured as it was such an efficient mod.

Here's one thread I've been following on the mod form, but I would imagine alot of what is discussed on performance would apply here.
disappointed in ce2?

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
Somethng I do with my syringe mod is as juice gets lower in the tube, I turn it sideways (horizontal) and then rotate the tube, you can watch the juice pool up on the side of the tube and rotating it makes the juice wash over the wicks ensuring a good soaking.

Saw map Tank vid on youtube, that looks intense. Just do not see the need for me to load up with 5ml of juice.

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
I have the utmost respect for my fellow modders but people need to understand what they're getting. MAP = MostAngryPirate. That's the username of the guy making them. It is a clear tube with two delrin caps that are drilled out to hold a CE2 and a portion of the CE2's original tube to hold the cup+ring and a drip tip. If you buy one, you're paying quite a premium for $.50 worth of product plus the cost of the CE2.

Same goes for syringe mods. I've made tons of them. Syringes are $.30/ea.

Clearomizers are slightly improved CE2s with a clear tube. They are really the best bang for your buck if you're not making the mods yourself.

If you really want something different, consider a set-up like the Ato-Miser at Nhaler. Making your own "atomizers" now that is different. Hell, track down some nichrome and wicks and you can save even more. The kits are pretty damn expensive but if you watch his video and check out some of the modder's threads, you can DIY it on the cheap.

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
So basically these are the factory made versions of the syringe mods and others I've seen? First I heard of them. Wonder what they will cost? I'll stick to making my own syringe mods.

I will say this though I love the syringe mod so the clearosil-mizer is a good bet if anything like the mod. Don't know why but for some reason just the slight bit more inner diameter and/or the plastic used seems to make for a way better vape. But it does suck down the juice alot faster. Is nice to see inside too so you know when juice is low, but I woud add that it does not have to be kept topped off constantly.
Many times I was vaping heavily and noticed juice did not looked "pooled" up in the bottom, but the wicks were very well soaked.

I can see where this would be good for many who either don't have tools or do not want to mess with DIY a syringe so its all good. Actually I was wondering if it would ever come around to be manufactured as it was such an efficient mod.

Here's one thread I've been following on the mod form, but I would imagine alot of what is discussed on performance would apply here.
disappointed in ce2?
I believe most of this discussion was started with this
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-arrived-incredible-pricing-ecf-members.html

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
One question, on the Clearomizers they cannot be disassembled for cleaning?

That is one feature I like about syringe mod that makes the CE2 last for a long time and keeps it performing very well.

Listen all, I'm not trying to dis' the Clear-o's in any way, just comparing to what I have used is all.

You can clean them. Just take the rings out and rinse it. Let it dry, do a dry-burn, refill and vape away.

atsirk

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Lake Oswego, Oregon
I'm a dripper, and heavy-handed with the juice. I like a wet atty and thick hearty clouds of vapor. That said - I want to like cartos! I want to be able to drive and vape without endangering myself and everybody else on the road. The problem - I've tried cartos - several kinds, and they just haven't been satisfying. I compare it to switching from a full-flavored analog to an ultra-light. Are any of you who've tried the clearomizers prior drippers? Do they satisfy? I don't mean to sound negative, I just want to hear from a dripper or two... Thanks!

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I'm a dripper, and heavy-handed with the juice. I like a wet atty and thick hearty clouds of vapor. That said - I want to like cartos! I want to be able to drive and vape without endangering myself and everybody else on the road. The problem - I've tried cartos - several kinds, and they just haven't been satisfying. I compare it to switching from a full-flavored analog to an ultra-light. Are any of you who've tried the clearomizers prior drippers? Do they satisfy? I don't mean to sound negative, I just want to hear from a dripper or two... Thanks!

I'm a dripper too... and dabble with various cartos from time to time. My current favorite cartos are the Mega Egos and the XL E2s. I find the E2s are a hit and miss kind of thing.. and the Ego cartos need refilling fairly often (to keep away the "filler" taste). I just ordered some clear ones from Volcano. As soon as I get them, I'll report my opinions.

I have the utmost respect for my fellow modders but people need to understand what they're getting. MAP = MostAngryPirate. That's the username of the guy making them. It is a clear tube with two delrin caps that are drilled out to hold a CE2 and a portion of the CE2's original tube to hold the cup+ring and a drip tip. If you buy one, you're paying quite a premium for $.50 worth of product plus the cost of the CE2.

Same goes for syringe mods. I've made tons of them. Syringes are $.30/ea.

Clearomizers are slightly improved CE2s with a clear tube. They are really the best bang for your buck if you're not making the mods yourself.

If you really want something different, consider a set-up like the Ato-Miser a
t Nhaler. Making your own "atomizers" now that is different. Hell, track down some nichrome and wicks and you can save even more. The kits are pretty damn expensive but if you watch his video and check out some of the modder's threads, you can DIY it on the cheap.

Good to know! Thanks! I was considering one of the Tanks. but I think I'll pass now.

The clear ones sound good because I like a little VG.. supposedly.. there is supposed to be a little more room now...? To improve wicking..?
BUT.. from what I read on the thread Lois mentioned.. is the "vendor" made modded Ce2's have the same problem I found with the homemade modded ones I tried... they come apart.
I tried 2 clear (syringe mod) E2's and they BOTH came apart.

So... interested to see if the ones I ordered will do that too!!

Thanks for the thread D! Great idea!!

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
OK,whats the difference between the fluxomizers and the clearomizers and those small colored clear ones?I havent tried any of them and Im going to wait and see what everyone thinks and get some opinions.I totally cant splurge right now,if it wasnt for you guys I probably wouldnt be vaping anything.Thank you for helping and keeping me going.BUT!Im just dying to hear about them.Just give your opinions and tell me about the different ones.So I can live vicariously through you.I hate not keeping up on things,so just tell me all about them so I can see and understand how they work.I just want info!That would be great!Please and Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread