Clearomizers and VG - maintenance and cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerfulDot

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Seattle, WA USA
I haven't vaped since about 5 years ago and I'm starting up again so I'm new to some of this cool recent tech. I used to use a DES801 back then. I'm waiting on this puppy to arrive (https://www.fasttech.com/products/1464400) and I'm going to be using VG liquids only. Is this going to be harder on the clearomizer than a PG liquid would be? How should I clean it, and how often?

Thanks!

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
A high% VG juice will definitely dirty up the coil faster. I don't use bottom coil clearos, but nevertheless, when I used 100% VG juices I would clean and dry burn after 4 or 5 mls of juice was run through the coil. This could vary depending on the specific juice, but that's when I found the performance to dwindle and when the coil started to get a burnt on crust, which I tried to avoid because it made cleaning harder. You'll have to determine cleaning intervals with some experience with how the coils get with your particular vaping style.

To clean the clearo is pretty straight forward, should go something like this-> Kanger T3 how to clean your wicks and coils!! - YouTube Your ecig will be putting out 3.8 volts according to the specs, so I would'nt be to worried about pulsing the battery too much, go 5 seconds on then a few seconds off. I routinely dry burn 1.5 ohm coils at 3.7 volts and have no problems popping coils, so you should'nt either, occasionally one will pop, but most likely it was just getting weak and in need of replacement anyway. Keep in mind the coil in the video is relatively clean to begin with, when you clean a dirty coil it will take a bit longer then in the video till you vaporize off the excess moisture and burn off the hardened on juice residue. One thing I would do differently then in the video, is that I would remove the draw tube before rinsing, so I could hit the coil with the water directly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread