Status
Not open for further replies.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
I came across this from e-cig.com, thought you all might find it interesting. He has given his permission to use his posts if we feel it might be helpful.

I have begun a clinical trial in Malaysia and have sought out this company products to help out in the clinical trial...So far as I can see the results is AMAZING.....As a doctor for many years..I have never seen my patients(age ranging from 18 to 94 years old both male and female) so happy with this therapy....
90% have given up smoking and 5% still smokes but much less...the other 5% failure(still under supervision) might be due to device adaptibilty problems or bad habits ...sometimes you can't change a leopard skin...hmmmm

Anyway, trial still in early stages and we actually help by supplementing different methods of Nicotine usage...I have also developed several types of liquids for the patients for their devices as well to continue their fillup(refill) program..Amazing discovery there...more of psychological trust then physical need/addiction is invovled...Will publish more as this trial continues...

The devices we use are of njoy cigarette and Cigar...recent addition is from E-cig company E-pipe and minicig and their cigarette...lots of technicality issues but soon to be resolved and also financial impact on the patients(huge savings!!) is being assessed...All I can say is "The Future looks Bright,I gotta wear shades!"

Jimldk
and
Just forgotten to add one more thing..These Clinical trial is done Privately(not Goverment funded) and involve patient own funding...Our govt has their own clinical trial going on with pharmacotherapy headed by Big pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer....Looks like E-cigarette is being the better option at the moment

I will present my clinical trial findings to the government for further assessment once it is ready for presentation..right now I'm trying to convince my fellow medical doctors (skeptics..hah!) that this thing works...you'll never know till you try isn't it?

Jimldk
and
Thanks for your reply and sure you can post this anywhere as long it can prove to be helpful....My ministry of health will be listening to this options soon as they are desperate to fight the smoking problems here in Malaysia.In our country, smoking is prevalent among the younger groups now and that is not easy battle going on...raising the price of cigarettes doesn't seems to help and social conformnity to this problems tends to be the issue here.
My Clinical trial will be in a study form and medical parameters will apply...Just by removing one single exponential cause of major lung disease will help the country economy and general health of the populations (provided the Cigarette companies does not fight back with the dirty money)...It will not only generally benefit the smokers but the whole country environment as well...
My biggest problem will be the lower income groups of people who can't afford the existing price of this devices will still be smoking the traditional cigarette..that's why we need to create a cheaper devices rivaling that of traditional cigarettes....hopefully some the manufacturers will comply and help ....we dream of a world free of pollutions and that is now within our grasp...just the financial cost and reliability issues remains...I will give hope for this because I myself and many others in this Forum still learning to improve and contribute to make this thing work....Thanks katink for reading and thanks for your approval..that will encourage a lot of people.....

Jimldk

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Time to update the Malaysian doctor's comments on the E-Cig forum. Got to love this guy. I do. I've posted to him a few times to tell him he's doing pioneering work. This is well worth a read. Here are the pertinent posts:

I have begun a clinical trial in Malaysia and have sought out this company products to help out in the clinical trial...So far as I can see the results is AMAZING.....As a doctor for many years..I have never seen my patients (age ranging from 18 to 94 years old both male and female) so happy with this therapy....
90% have given up smoking and 5% still smokes but much less...the other 5% failure (still under supervision) might be due to device adaptibilty problems or bad habits ...sometimes you can't change a leopard skin...hmmmm

Anyway, trial still in early stages and we actually help by supplementing different methods of Nicotine usage...I have also developed several types of liquids for the patients for their devices as well to continue their fillup (refill) program..Amazing discovery there...more of psychological trust then physical need/addiction is invovled...Will publish more as this trial continues...

The devices we use are of NJOY cigarette and Cigar...recent addition is from E-cig company E-pipe and minicig and their cigarette...lots of technicality issues but soon to be resolved and also financial impact on the patients (huge savings!!) is being assessed...All I can say is "The Future looks Bright,I gotta wear shades!"

Just forgotten to add one more thing..These Clinical trial is done Privately (not Goverment funded) and involve patient own funding...Our govt has their own clinical trial going on with pharmacotherapy headed by Big pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer....Looks like E-cigarette is being the better option at the moment

Note the the Big Pharma involvement! Tropical Bob

I will present my clinical trial findings to the government for further assessment once it is ready for presentation..right now I'm trying to convince my fellow medical doctors (skeptics..hah!) that this thing works...you'll never know till you try isn't it?

Thanks for your reply and sure you can post this anywhere as long it can prove to be helpful....My ministry of health will be listening to this options soon as they are desperate to fight the smoking problems here in Malaysia.In our country, smoking is prevalent among the younger groups now and that is not easy battle going on...raising the price of cigarettes doesn't seems to help and social conformnity to this problems tends to be the issue here.

My Clinical trial will be in a study form and medical parameters will apply...Just by removing one single exponential cause of major lung disease will help the country's economy and general health of the populations (provided the Cigarette companies does not fight back with the dirty money)...It will not only generally benefit the smokers but the whole country environment as well...

My biggest problem will be the lower income groups of people who can't afford the existing price of this devices will still be smoking the traditional cigarette..that's why we need to create cheaper devices rivaling that of traditional cigarettes....hopefully some the manufacturers will comply and help ....we dream of a world free of pollutions and that is now within our grasp...just the financial cost and reliability issues remains...I will give hope for this because I myself and many others in this Forum still learning to improve and contribute to make this thing work....Thanks katink for reading and thanks for your approval..that will encourage a lot of people.....

I will publish out a medical data for the public as well as for the govt...hoping for some sort of financial subsidy to help out my lower income groups of patients (I'm using my own money to subsidise my patients..free e-liquids refill for those undergoing NRT program..time for me to pay back to the society

Today was a hectic day...just came home...very tired...getting old....
Was thinking of Lions/Rotary earlier on but not wishing to bother them for they too are very tied down with their own Agenda....I will hit out directly to the Govt/MOH...that will be more effective..
Anyway..we will be approaching our Local Airlines soon i.e, AirAsia and MAS to test out their regulations..they have shown interest in this new age smoking..hopefully for the better.
Thanks for all the support and advices given..it does help a lot...and encourage me on to eliminate the scrouge evil weed influence on humankind...thanks also to E-cig company for making this all possible...My patients thank you all for all the good work done and hope for better future for all smokers and non-smokers alike...

My first beneficial results of using e-cig is (from patients data) marked and rapid improvements of incidence of Sinusitis and bronchitis...All my patients with chronic history of Sinusitis and Bronchitis has reported a significant reduction of problems/symptoms...100% acheived for phlegm/mucus reduction. Much less runny nose and sneezing bouts, that means incidence of upper respiratory tract infection has dropped drastically...in about 10 patients out of 100 reported decreased Snoring events and reported improved sleep state (much reduced sleep apnoea incidence.)..I'm very happy with this outcome as this proves our theory Vapor from the e-cig devices does somehow does help to moistuirize the ENT passages.
All the above will help to reduce medical cost of ENT problems encountered by smokers/passive smokers...the incidence of Rhinitis and ENT problems among the household members also was greatly reduced..the kids no longer had runny nose(Another beneficial effects..no doubt about that!)..that means far less pollution at home...that's an added bonus....

I will be giving out more good news as this trial progresses ..next on will the Lung Function Test...and medical parameters like Blood Pressure and Heart rate (those are linked to Nicotine effects)....Hope this all will be informative and helpful to all....

...I'm dealing with roughly 250 patients with these devices and 340 patients without the device but on pharmacotherapy medication and large number of smokers (unconverted)..need these 3 groups to do a comparison study on effectiveness of either methods/traditional smokers....

Yes, I'm actually running these trials on my own because some of my fellow doctors are either skeptical or just plain ignorant..(maybe some are afraid even?)....Thank god at least my patients are willing to cooperate with these trial...Still a long way to go...

I am also servicing my trial patients devices to make sure it runs smoothly and teaching them the maintenance part (which takes a lot of work and education)...Developed several types of Cleaning Solutions for them just in case the device gets clogged up or malfunction..Somehow these liquids able to 'reset' the devices...very reassuring for my patients to have these liquids around so they use the devices without fear and assurance..If these devices fails to function, it will draw frustration and loss of confidence on my trial patients....therefore very important to teach our patients about the 'break-in period' once they first start to use the devices...a lot of patience needed there...I'm on call 24 hours daily to handle these irregularities just in case it happens....it is tough and tiring but in the end it is also very rewarding if I able to 'save' my smoker patients from myriad of diseases caused by traditional cigarette...Will be posting more results as time passes...This trial will run for at least 6 months or even longer if my MOH requires..Gotta have solid proof (pros and cons) before I face them..

Hope when the time comes to face the jury,I will have enough backing from my fellow skeptics doctors and with my collective data (precious!!) to battle them....The Giant Pharmaceutical Companies and The Big Tobacco company awaits but I do not tremble at their feet or fear them but rejoiced in a renewed Battle....

Thanks to all who read this thread..I will do my very best to help as much as I could...God speed.....

Right now while I'm typing these down, I'm in a discussion with a Government representive ( a fellow politician) to meet the Minister of Health.Wish me luck....

Mammoth task or not..I chose to challenge it...becuz I'm sick of losing patients and friends to smoking related diseases....been looking for a cure..even tried traditional medicine..that was 3 years ago...failed that was...makes me even more hungrier to search for a cure..dreamt of this devices years ago but did not have the capabilities to make it..glad someone else made it....now is the time to try again...

My trial started on 2nd February 2008...the first user was me...I knew it will work somehow becuz I dreamt of this device long ago and now it has become a reality.....I have so far 'Dissected' 3 of my own devices to see the 'anatomy' of this woderful but yet simple creation...I found its weakness and its failing..dreamt of further improvement...I even welded a hypodermic needle onto the steel wool area in hope to draw more fluid to the main core but it created other host of problems(the needle breaks too easily upon inserting the cartridge...change the white wool to high absorbent sponge..(burnt badly and damage my 4th Atomiser and I got bad cough for 3 to 4 days)...Now in the process a marine algae to produce a low heat residue/easy to melt and incorporated with E-liquids purchased from this site...so far alot of gooey mess at my workstation(wife gets pretty mad at the mess I made but thank god she understands).

I have spent days and nights trying differrent formulations and lots of money (been bashing my credit cards so much until my banks called me up wondering I need extra spending limit!!)....

Anyway...The good news today is the Airline representative has shown interest and wanted a full demo...I'm gonna gather at least 20 or more E-smokers to cram into a cabin simulation to show them it will be safe to smoke in the airplane....and hopefully they will allow the sales of this e-cigs/products to fellow smokers on long haul(hope this will encourage and promote e-smoking further....)

The second good news is most likely the media here in Malaysia will allow us to advertise in newspaper and they wanted an interview soon (If that happens, I will definitely put a link here in these threads...Hope it will be soon)

Now for the Bad news...they (the MOH) wants a longer duration of this trial and our government at this moment(post election) is still in a mess...they lost a lot of seats in the Parliment to the opposition recently (first time in Malaysian History)...They are too busy but I feel I should take advantage now since they'll do anything to win back the confidence of our people... Hope I'm right on that account....

Whoa!..It's been a long day...thanks for reading and hope for the best tomorrow...

Do you realize that most atomisers have their own 'character'?...some are quirky and some are cooperative..and some just refuse to mature?...well, I am dealing with all this atomisers daily...testing out almost close to 20 atomisers a day...I developed a tube pipe to test these individual pipes..simple construction for diagnostic troubleshooting as well as for repairing malfunction units...I even made one tubing for Bikers (to smoke during their long rides inside their helmets..haha..my biker friends loved it..handy for long distance rides but dried up their mouth pretty fast too so now searching for 2 way valve to connect it to a water bottle too!)..still in experimental stage

I'm having my dentist friends involved also because they will assist me for dental effects recording (to see whether rate of Tartar buildup will be slowed by our new e-smoking method)..that means less dental problems for E-smokers..

There's a lot of work to be done and very promising things are in store...Almost all systems in our body affected by smoking is being countered by this new method..It will no doubt change a lot of things.

Those willing to convert to E-cigarrette is no doubt a person/individual cared for his/her health and surrounding environment..Who says smokers are selfish and self-centred lot!!!..I'm going all out to prove that we (smokers) are also a responsible people who wants to make a change for the better not for ourselves but for all that around us.

Happy to report a 8% increase in success rate for smokers to cease smoking traditional cigarettes...that means 98% success ...VERY HIGH RATE...I'm very pleased...usually effectiveness begins by Day 2 of continual usage of the e-cig.....A 30 cigs per day smoker can stop smoking to 0 cigs in less than a week!!......

Overall Blood pressure of non-hypertensive smokers were better and much reduced heart rate to normal baseline of 70 bpm.....For Hypertensive patients on the device noted decreased pulse rate as well far happier outcome with significant amount of reduction in complications arising from reduce pollutants..i.e., less snoring , less or total absence of coughing bout with or without phlegm....,less stressful feeling and also increase in sense of well being(able to exercise more without shortness of breath)...and most important..NO INCREASE IN WEIGHT!!! in fact patient reported better weight control than those using pharmacotherapy...

I got lots of good results compared to the other two groups until my patients from the other two groups are asking for a change to the devices which at the current moment out of stock (awaiting shipment from NJOY).

This is one of the most successful trials ever conducted so far...The potential of this method is far untapped!....

My big stumbling block now will be the disclaimer found at the manual book or at NJOY website.."THIS IS NOT A CEASEATION THERAPY"..but it clearly shows that it can do that.....I am hoping to change that once my full trial presented to health ministries and hopefully the world take note of this.....Pray for my trial success and any help or suggestion will be truly appreciated.....

Someone has remove swami and dnakr post about the reliability of Njoy devices...To be fair to this company hosting this site, Not all Atomisers are built to last...Out of 20 Njoy devices, there will be almost 5 devices with Atomisers defect as well as Battery/Charger problems too...I serviced personally closed to 200 devices of Njoy brand for the last month with problems...yes Njoy is reliable but also has its fair share of problems..that's where I learnt of each atomiser characters and faults...my own 2 Njoy devices crashes on me too..that's why I would like to collect more brand types and do an overall review for all (if my credit card permits me!! )..becuz reliability of each devices plays a big role in my clinical trial..If it fails to perform then my patient will lose confidence and restart back smoking real cigarettes..

The e-cig .com products has it value for it's money...take good care of the devices they will serve you well..irrespective of the brand...Remember, all this is still in it's infancy stage..and we are the pioneers users...Be proud of that and be grateful for its technological worth...

rcbowden

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:23 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jimldk: I hope you videotaped the 20 e-smokers on the airplane. That should be posted on YouTube for the rest of the world to see. Most people I meet with my e-cigar have never even heard of such a device. We need to use media like YouTube to spread the word on a new, non-tobacco smoke product that is safe for use in "no smoking" areas.

Love your posts and the work you're doing. You are indeed pioneering. Please do keep posting what you try -- successes and failures. We can all learn and benefit.

Hope they allow me to videotaped the events when the time come...shall ask for permission by Monday....Heard it will be a full cabin simulation with the extra'passengers' and with trainee steward and stewardess.....

Thanks for your encouraging words..hope it will benefit all of you (and the world too?)..How's your cough,Tropical Bob??...read your post at the other forum...sounds pretty nasty and might related to the 'Propylene Glycol' content...In my trials there was a few early on coughing bouts but it becomes less as I taught my smokers to 'sip' mild green tea/ or suck on dried salted plums(to increase saliva production in the mouth)..it helps to reduced mild allergic response to inhaled propylene glycol....Hope it helps..if your cough persists please do see a doctor, you might be getting Bronchitis...take care bud...pm me if you need help...

Meltrex

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2008
Arizona USA
www.MyEcig.com
Do you realize that most atomisers have their own 'character'?...some are quirky and some are cooperative..and some just refuse to mature?...well, I am dealing with all this atomisers daily...testing out almost close to 20 atomisers a day...I developed a tube pipe to test these individual pipes..simple construction for diagnostic troubleshooting as well as for repairing malfunction units...I even made one tubing for Bikers (to smoke during their long rides inside their helmets..haha..my biker friends loved it..handy for long distance rides but dried up their mouth pretty fast too so now searching for 2 way valve to connect it to a water bottle too!)..still in experimental stage

I love this part about the tubing for Bikers. I myself ride a bit (weekend warrior you might say) This guy is awesome. Thank you TB for sharing.

windblown

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2008
USA
I would love to know what kind of refill liquids he has developed, and if that is something we could do ourselves.
He also mentions a cleaning liquid for use when the atomizer stops working.

Anyway, trial still in early stages and we actually help by supplementing different methods of Nicotine usage...I have also developed several types of liquids for the patients for their devices as well to continue their fillup(refill) program..Amazing discovery there...more of psychological trust then physical need/addiction is invovled...Will publish more as this trial continues...

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This doctor is definitely someone I'd enjoy meeting and working with. Here are the most recent posts, beginning with one I made to him:

Could you write a bit more about:

1. New ways to improve atomzing?

2. The new flavors you created and how you added flavoring (I've added pure vanilla extract -- flavor and alcohol only -- and improved the taste for me)?

jimldk

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:36 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atomisers requires gentle handling when first started...I had lots of problem when handling it for the first time...All atomisers are built unequal, means some are shallower and some are sharper tip....means the gap between the steel wool and the cartridge end (like spark plug gap)...that will also influence the amount of air interacting with the liquid burning process..that's why some atomiser when being used feels empty(like sucking in air only, i.e, less vapor..less volume)....that's why Dry smoking/Drip method gives better results....So what I did was adding more contact space (narrowing the gap) without causing burns by welding/soldiering onto the steel wool an additional 'steel wool' looks like a small bump on the tip (wish I can draw it out). It gives better burnt rate...and lots more vapor..that's one method...the other method is still in testing mode..that involves a needle..will let you know later on if it works..

I also developed a special cleaning solutions to 'wash out' the atomiser every 2 days or so...it helps to mature the atomiser better..so far all my patients are using this solution (which I named CS-2) are having good results ..sustained and productive Atomisers compared with those not using it....

I also developed a plastic tubing with a mouth piece attached at one end and a connector to the atomiser for proper dry smoking method..easy to built..A clear plastic tube (like those used in the aquarium tube) but much bigger with a diameter of 1cm and length of 25 cm....wrapped some cellophane tape to fit into the atomiser at least 0.5 cm depth and sucked it out..you'll like it..like a small electronic hookah pipe...works very well...been making this for a lot of my patients. The amount of vapors tends to be more and denser....

The Flavors I created is mainly from fruits Esther those with higher sugar content like banana..need not ferment but need it to be very ripe..I chose Cavendish due to its better aroma...I mashed up almost a full kilo to get a little bit of final product..then wrapped the mushed up banana pulp in a 5 layered muslin cloth and steam it to drip down onto a funnel like collector bowl(like those used in the lab)....later distilled it over small light fire to produce the Banana essence(the whole house will be filled with this smell)it is a long process but worth it...collected almost 6 ml of pure banana essence and mixed it with regular E-liquid (independent of strength and don't use tasteless) with a ratio of 1:5 or 1:3 depending on the amount of aroma you want.....

Today I experimented with Black Roasted Coffee..the aroma is very heady so far but I can't get rid of the Black coloring (still working on it..any clues? anyone?)

I will try to avoid the alcohol part by reheating the final product to deactivate the alcohol..believe it will cause some irritation to users....

Hope it helps...lots more to discover...cheers....

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
The latest exchange with Malaysian doctor.

Fantastic work! I'm reposting much of what you write to http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com, where I contribute regularly.

Is there a formula we could use to create a solution for cleaning the atomizer?

jimldk

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:12 pm Post subject:

Thanks for the response..was very kind of you and dnakr to update the other forum..very grateful for that ..Hope it will benefit / help you all...I'm trying hard to make this work and in the right direction and I still need clues and help from all of you irrespective whether small or big ideas...

As for the Cleaning Solution..the idea was actually started when I realised empty cartridge wasn't really empty at all (should not waste it, recycle was in mind )...the time I did not have any E-liquid to deal with...you might laugh at this but it actually work after I modified it further.....

Don't throw away your empty cartridge wool....it was a greasy kind of feel to it once it is nearly empty...take it out and put it into a empty 5 ml eyedropper bottle...add in 3ml of Normal saline and 1 ml of E-liquid(preferably regular flavor)....capped it with the eyedropper tip and shake it well(before each use)...you should get a light straw colored liquid with the wool acting as a 'stabiliser'..

The logic was to drop it into the atomiser(2-3drops)..dry smoking style... if the vapor production gets much less...let it soak for at least a full minute and then slowly and gently draw it (suck onto the atomiser without cartridge and mouthpiece) out..you'll feel the steam evaporate first and then the vapor will begins... Steam will automatically trigger the cleaning process.....keep on drawing on it till you'll feel a different kind of taste and vapor gets much less..then use a full new cartridge or drip smoke it(if you want)..you'll see a much increase in vapor and volume as well..repeat the cleaning process 2 to 3 days later or when vapor becomes much less....You can also add 2-3 drops directly onto a half empty cartridge..it will also function somewhat the same....but that will dilute your nicotine density but I found after doing that I felt rather 'full' and 'satisfied'...funny feeling but does not seems to show any side effects so far and it also reduced your 'smoking' time after that...less likely to pick up the atomiser after cleaning was done...weird but good...Try it out guys..hope you all will like it.

I was supposed to patent this but I feel it is not right to hoard this to myself..give back to the world and share as much as I can....Good luck on trying it out...Oh ,another thing ...the CS(cleaning Solution) does help you to change flavors easily too.... Cheers.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
And then there's this. I had to read it twice to get the idea, but now I see how the needle conducts liquid directly to atomizer. Most ingenious.

I called this the Needle Project ...

You'll need a new disposable hypodermic needle size of 25G x 5/8-0.5x16mm(means: 25 gauge and 5/8-0.5x16mm length)..should be brown/orange plastic connector....cut the plastic connector to 1/3rd with the needle intact....stick into a cartridge wool (full/half filled with liquid..mine works with Njoy..might work with other brands) in the centre and push all the way in till the needle stop..don't puncture the cartridge..you'll notice the wool will be pushed back and liquid will fill up but don't worry if it also fill the cut end of the needle..you can top up later with e-liquids..now reinsert the cartridge with the modified needle into your atomiser..don't worry, it won't be burnt...start smoking...you'll feel a sudden change in the flow of vapor..cooler to the tip of the tongue and far more dense....please try...you'll like it...250 patients of mine love it..far superior but it can consume a bit more liquid..it is like dry smoking but with the cartridge inserted and if the 'fuel' gets low..jerk it like a pen running out of ink..you'll get a instant refill automatically....I find it far better in burning up th e-liquid and producing better vapor....

Second tip...keep your container cap(mine is the Njoy type) and cap it over your mouthpiece tip when you are not using the device ...use it like a pen cap (same principle to prevent your pen/marker from drying up)and you'll be conserving moisture within the atomiser(save losses of liquids through the mouthpiece)..you'll be surprised it actually help in producing your first billow of vapor....

More tips to come..as fast as I can discover it....Let me know if you have any problems...cheers....From Doc. Jim.Loi., Malaysia.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Wow Bob, this guy is great and sounds like he's exactly the kind of guy to move the whole thing to the next level.

Have you corresponded with him on the source of the irritation that some have been suffering, and whether there are other vapor catalysts than Propylene Glycol that can be used?

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
SJ: He's joined as a contributor to our forum now. Dr. Jim Loi (jimldk) and posted in, I think, Tricks and Tips. I've only asked him a few questions through e-Cig's forum. Now we can ask directly. His first post here was about the needle in the cartridge experiment. The man is WAY OUT FRONT on e-smoking. We can learn much from his work with 250 patients in Malaysia.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Smokey_Joe said:
Thanks Bob, I've just seen his posts.

Fantastic news, this is the guy we've been waiting for on the forum! Perhaps we should give him his own forum.
SJ
Thank you SJ and also dnakr....A forum for me?....please don't trouble yourself too much..I'm just happy to be here... And I 'm really happy to share with all of you...you guys are the pioneers and I'm just learning to catch up...only problem is I get to see over more than 200 plus plus units of Atomiser per month and my experience just doubled..hehe..distinct advantage ( or lots of work..my wife says....Thank god she understand. :p )

I get more chances to work on problematic atomiser and I myself invested over several units of other brands of Atomiser(besides Njoy) and try to improve their weakness and your forum has helped me a lot...

Never had my Zippo runs dry nor my cigarette case empty for the new age of smoking has dawned upon us..let the revolution begins..Godspeed....Cheers :D

Oliver

Admin
Verified Member
Well it's really not a problem and very easily arranged - we just add it in the administration panel and it's up and running. Of course I don't want you to feel any pressure - it's just that I am very excited about having a medical professional with such a keen interest in the e-cigarette on our forum.

Just give me the word if you think it's a good idea. And, of course, if you have any ideas how to improve the forum let me know.

Kind regards,

SJ

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Smokey_Joe said:
Well it's really not a problem and very easily arranged - we just add it in the administration panel and it's up and running. Of course I don't want you to feel any pressure - it's just that I am very excited about having a medical professional with such a keen interest in the e-cigarette on our forum.

Just give me the word if you think it's a good idea. And, of course, if you have any ideas how to improve the forum let me know.

Kind regards,

SJ

Thanks Bro..once again that a great honor bestow on me...I like it the way it is now....fun to 'prowl' in the forum..roaming free in this wonderful place full of friendly people and very knowledgeable and caring individuals ...
Am I the only medical professional here?....if that's the case, I must say my medical colleagues are either blind or ignorant about this new technology....I believe we must evolve to fill in the ever rapid changing world without losing ourselves.

Thanks for the given opportunity.
:)

Oliver

Admin
Verified Member
Well I suspect ignorance at the moment - when I showed my General Practitioner he had never seen one before. I think we'll see a lot more interest over the coming year as e-cigs become better known and understood and, of course, improved.

You are the first MP that I know of, although some posters here seem to display quite a bit of medical knowledge so...who knows?!

windblown

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2008
USA
You can also add 2-3 drops (of cleaning solution) directly onto a half empty cartridge..it will also function somewhat the same....but that will dilute your nicotine density but I found after doing that I felt rather 'full' and 'satisfied'...funny feeling but does not seems to show any side effects so far and it also reduced your 'smoking' time after that...

jimldk, are you saying it is okay to use this saline "cleaning solution" you developed as an e-liquid? I bought some of the medium e-liquid and it is actually too strong for me. I start getting dizzy after just a few puffs. Instead of throwing it away, I would like to find a way to reduce the nicotine level by half or more. I smoked for 45 years, but never did inhale, so it could be that I am getting a lot more nicotine with the e-cigs than I did with smoking real cigarettes.

Is there a possibility that the saline solution could damage the atomizer or battery when used on a continuous basis as a substitute for e-liquid?.......or is it likely that the saline could be harmful for long term inhalation?

Thanks much....
wb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread