Clinical Trial in Malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish you luck bro...just keep a low profile till the MOh gets the full report from the Chem dept and plus some of mine...and plus they are actually keeping an eye at the whole world interest in this new found tech...just to play safe....the ministry is watching and waiting for the Hammer to Fall.....;)

So Dr Loi, actually am planning to meet up with Cawangan Penilaian Teknologi Kesihatan, deputy director for the e-cig matter.... therefore what do you think.... just keep low and wait for timing or how... cause i also don't wanna suddently "E-Cigs" in Malaysia kena banned by my case.....then i became the "scap goat" for nothing. Any thoughts? 8-o

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Look bro, i feel for your situation. I don't really understand your language but i feel that its a bit of a losing battle as there are far too many variables that you are leaving out. I may not understand malaysia as well as u do but some of my concerns are universal.

I know you are specifically seeking Dr Loi's advice so i'm not gonna elaborate too much. I'm on the board of a very successful incubator program where i go through dozens of business start ups every week. If you need my advice, I'll be more than happy to oblige but only e-cig related pls....

I wish u all the best...and let us know your progress. I think we'll all be very interested. Make it happen!

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
9w: Consider what any kind of approval would amount to:

Endorsement of devices and liquid to create or sustain addiction to a drug with known negative health effects; endorsement of unregulated, untested liquid made and imported from China; a massive loss of tax dollars to governments until regulations are restructured; losses to both Big Pharmaceutical and Big tobacco, who have both paid dearly for years to get approvals of NRT and tobacco products.

Now tell me you'd say "Gosh, this is great. Let's jump on the bandwagon"? I doubt it. And the best I hope from WHO is a recommendation that further study is needed. The worst would be a ban recommendation from the UN agency to its UN members.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
9w: Consider what any kind of approval would amount to:

Endorsement of devices and liquid to create or sustain addiction to a drug with known negative health effects; endorsement of unregulated, untested liquid made and imported from China; a massive loss of tax dollars to governments until regulations are restructured; losses to both Big Pharmaceutical and Big Tobacco, who have both paid dearly for years to get approvals of NRT and tobacco products.

Now tell me you'd say "Gosh, this is great. Let's jump on the bandwagon"? I doubt it. And the best I hope from WHO is a recommendation that further study is needed. The worst would be a ban recommendation from the UN agency to its UN members.

Well said...couldn't have said it better myself....

And then theres the business aspect to it.....Going for retail outlets poses several problems. One or a few specialty outlets will not provide the distribution penetration and the cost will skyrocket. Just imagine the overheads and initial start up costs. Will you still be competitively priced? Very unlikely. Can you survive a price war from online shops? Can your "brand" survive long enough until people start to find out that they are basically the same? When you import big time, stocks are kept high and any change in trends and technology will deal u a great blow. Have you used an e-cig long enough to understand its mechanics and how it behaves? These issues are only the tip of an iceberg....I haven't even started on the critical ones...

Make no mistake about it. Your potential competitors will be cheering for you to succeed. After you have exhausted all your resources and IF you succeed to get it approved, you will have unknowingly created a template for everyone else to follow suit and it will be a relative breeze for them. I'm sure you know what this means...

We are not trying to discourage you as it does not benefit us in any way if you fail. If anything else, we hope this can help you somehow. Liek i said, there are so many variables involved. Its good to dream big and be focused but don't you think all the suppliers here have similar dreams? Why don't they adopt the same approach? Why did they operate an online shop and still stick to this business model?

Well said...couldn't have said it better myself....

And then theres the business aspect to it.....Going for retail outlets poses several problems. One or a few specialty outlets will not provide the distribution penetration and the cost will skyrocket. Just imagine the overheads and initial start up costs. Will you still be competitively priced? Very unlikely. Can you survive a price war from online shops? Can your "brand" survive long enough until people start to find out that they are basically the same? When you import big time, stocks are kept high and any change in trends and technology will deal u a great blow. Have you used an e-cig long enough to understand its mechanics and how it behaves? These issues are only the tip of an iceberg....I haven't even started on the critical ones...

Make no mistake about it. Your potential competitors will be cheering for you to succeed. After you have exhausted all your resources and IF you succeed to get it approved, you will have unknowingly created a template for everyone else to follow suit and it will be a relative breeze for them. I'm sure you know what this means...

We are not trying to discourage you as it does not benefit us in any way if you fail. If anything else, we hope this can help you somehow. Liek i said, there are so many variables involved. Its good to dream big and be focused but don't you think all the suppliers here have similar dreams? Why don't they adopt the same approach? Why did they operate an online shop and still stick to this business model?

Yep i fully understood your concerns. Thanks mate.

Looks like gonna sell in the dark market like others.... *sigh* i will have to talk to my partners about. They sure not gonna like it. :oops:

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Yep i fully understood your concerns. Thanks mate.

Looks like gonna sell in the dark market like others.... *sigh* i will have to talk to my partners about. They sure not gonna like it. :oops:

I hardly consider that other suppliers are currently selling at "dark markets". You still don't really get it, do you? There is nothing to be upset about. You can still be in business...

Anyway, business is a lot about trial and error sometimes. So just let us know how it goes. Who knows, we might be buying from you in no time.

I hardly consider that other suppliers are currently selling at "dark markets". You still don't really get it, do you? There is nothing to be upset about. You can still be in business...

Anyway, business is a lot about trial and error sometimes. So just let us know how it goes. Who knows, we might be buying from you in no time.

My dark market means.... doing business without proper shop/retail outlets..... hahaha....:confused:

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Just wondering if there's any recommendation for any lab test company for me to get the e-cig cartridges test to be done? which MOH / Chem dept would somehow recognise their certifications / report as well. I would send a few of the cartridges for the testing purpose.

I have sent mine to Jabatan Kimia(Chem dept-Government Control)...for prelim report for my full 1st initial report on the clinical trial(still waiting...hmmm).... :rolleyes:

We have already sent in 100 samples of Njoy's Npro model to the Medical equipment and medical tech for assessment..that was more than 3 months ago...long wait but I hope it will be fruitful effort.

Err.. Bro Pat..hope you don't mind....please use non Malaysian mixed English here..our esteem forummers will get very confused with our type of languages..hehehe...not used to Manglish...

BTW, FYI the other marketers here in Malaysia are doing their business openly with advertisement and short interviews in the Chinese dailies here(Sin Chew Jit Poh for example..runs small Ruyan models of mini e-cig)....look around , there are roadshows going on in the Shopping Malls in Malaysia especially in KL ..roadshows by Ruyan and of course Njoy ......I am proud of that because I have started that way back in May(wassit so long ago??...hehehe:D)

I hope I can assist in any matter pertaining to this...any effort to promote the usage of e-cig is much welcome but hope to keep it clean and trustworthy...I hope you understand that....Ok , Bro Pat??:)

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I have sent mine to Jabatan Kimia(Chem dept-Government Control)...for prelim report for my full 1st initial report on the clinical trial(still waiting...hmmm).... :rolleyes:

We have already sent in 100 samples of Njoy's Npro model to the Medical equipment and medical tech for assessment..that was more than 3 months ago...long wait but I hope it will be fruitful effort.

Err.. Bro Pat..hope you don't mind....please use non Malaysian mixed English here..our esteem forummers will get very confused with our type of languages..hehehe...not used to Manglish...

BTW, FYI the other marketers here in Malaysia are doing their business openly with advertisement and short interviews in the Chinese dailies here(Sin Chew Jit Poh for example..runs small Ruyan models of mini e-cig)....look around , there are roadshows going on in the Shopping Malls in Malaysia especially in KL ..roadshows by Ruyan and of course Njoy ......I am proud of that because I have started that way back in May(wassit so long ago??...hehehe:D)

I hope I can assist in any matter pertaining to this...any effort to promote the usage of e-cig is much welcome but hope to keep it clean and trustworthy...I hope you understand that....Ok , Bro Pat??:)

Wow...roadshows....really? Great....how do customers get refills? Also, would be interesting to know how much they are selling at these roadshows? Some sort of conversion for us, Dr Loi...hehe

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Wow...roadshows....really? Great....how do customers get refills? Also, would be interesting to know how much they are selling at these roadshows? Some sort of conversion for us, Dr Loi...hehe

Hi Fedor...I have started the ball rolling(roadshows i mean)....quite some time ago..well..as far as I can say..it caught the public eye and imagination..I am very proud of that...my initial response for the public actually..to get more exposure and also for more test subjects(willing subjects..:)).....

Prices ranges....depends on make and model..we tried to get the price as low as possible but the Taxman does not spare us a penny for that..duty and tax follows like an ant army to the sugar farm...so to speak...:oops:

those who bought will get their refills from me or thru my "Boys and Girls" working for my agency....we do our darn best to help our patients/clients their money worth....for the sake of this new "life" sparing device and technology....the gain will be fully for the public...What I gain....??....I guess I am etching my name in the Brass plate somewhere in the universe...hehehe.....yep ,it is a good "conversion" as you say.....:)

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Hi Fedor...I have started the ball rolling(roadshows i mean)....quite some time ago..well..as far as I can say..it caught the public eye and imagination..I am very proud of that...my initial response for the public actually..to get more exposure and also for more test subjects(willing subjects..:)).....

Prices ranges....depends on make and model..we tried to get the price as low as possible but the Taxman does not spare us a penny for that..duty and tax follows like an ant army to the sugar farm...so to speak...:oops:

those who bought will get their refills from me or thru my "Boys and Girls" working for my agency....we do our darn best to help our patients/clients their money worth....for the sake of this new "life" sparing device and technology....the gain will be fully for the public...What I gain....??....I guess I am etching my name in the Brass plate somewhere in the universe...hehehe.....yep ,it is a good "conversion" as you say.....:)

If there is a legit tax and duty structure for the e-cig in malaysia, doesn't it more or less means that it is sort of approved? By the way, am curious to know under what category they are being taxed under and how much? Can't be too much i guess...

Wow, did u say Agency? Is that a synonym for your clinic?Cos it sounds like something out of a James bond movie...haha

I assume that you were selling Njoy models. How was the response? Malaysians like it? Tax, duty and venue for the roadshow must have added quite a burden on cost, i pressume. Is it still as affordable as us buying from online shops?

Keep up the good work, doc. Perhaps you'll be able to help aspiring entrepreneurs like pat in the future...

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
If there is a legit tax and duty structure for the e-cig in malaysia, doesn't it more or less means that it is sort of approved? By the way, am curious to know under what category they are being taxed under and how much? Can't be too much i guess...

Wow, did u say Agency? Is that a synonym for your clinic?Cos it sounds like something out of a James bond movie...haha

I assume that you were selling Njoy models. How was the response? Malaysians like it? Tax, duty and venue for the roadshow must have added quite a burden on cost, i pressume. Is it still as affordable as us buying from online shops?

Keep up the good work, doc. Perhaps you'll be able to help aspiring entrepreneurs like pat in the future...

Actually there is a legit tax and duty if the purchases amount is high...and the tax is heavy too....My "agency" runs by my fellow patient (whom I introduced the first e-cig(NJOY) in Malaysia )imports it from Njoy and we became the first Malaysian to experience and distributing the e-cigs to the masses ..check out our website..Njoy - Home.

A lot of praises and appreciation for what we have done and it is also providing some of my patients a side income in this troubling time..yes, you can say Malaysians like it..a lot....:)

I hope too others will learn too and appreciates what we have done..I am doing my best....an uphill fight no doubt but a good fight nonetheless....Thanks for your support..I appreciated that as well....:)

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Actually there is a legit tax and duty if the purchases amount is high...and the tax is heavy too....My "agency" runs by my fellow patient (whom I introduced the first e-cig(NJOY) in Malaysia )imports it from Njoy and we became the first Malaysian to experience and distributing the e-cigs to the masses ..check out our website..Njoy - Home.

A lot of praises and appreciation for what we have done and it is also providing some of my patients a side income in this troubling time..yes, you can say Malaysians like it..a lot....:)

I hope too others will learn too and appreciates what we have done..I am doing my best....an uphill fight no doubt but a good fight nonetheless....Thanks for your support..I appreciated that as well....:)

Well, it seems to me that things are picking up in Malaysia. In my opinion, it doesn't really matter how the authorities react as your efforts are already paying off. Can't you just continue promoting e-cigs this way?

Why put yourself at risk while other sellers keep themselves off the radar? I'm curious about another thing. Judging from the reviews on this forum, it seems that the atomiser, regardless of brands will fail on a regular basis after a short time and the Njoy you are selling is really just a penstyle. What kinda warranty do you give to "patients"? Do they come back often for parts replacements? Will this cause you any problems especially since you are trying to keep costs low for your patients and the public...

Hope u don't mind my neverending questions...

Roadshow....great.
I have many questions for our Dr Loi.
You've got PM from me. Thanks.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Roadshow....great.
I have many questions for our Dr Loi.
You've got PM from me. Thanks.

Aww....C'mon....

You should know by now how much I'm into business and marketing ideas...

Share it here with us or at least include me in your pm...LOL...:(

I love this back and forth interview with Dr Loi...Its like i'm interviewing a celebrity!

Aww....C'mon....

You should know by now how much I'm into business and marketing ideas...

Share it here with us or at least include me in your pm...LOL...:(

I love this back and forth interview with Dr Loi...Its like i'm interviewing a celebrity!

He's my celebrity and am asking for an personal autograph .... :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread