Close to expired snus? CHEAP from getsnus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Has anyone tried any of the "close to expiring" snus deals from getsnus? It sure is cheap! Like less than $1 a can. Not all brands are available, and some are mixed loose and portions of a particular brand. But I do like Fellini and Catch Licorice. If someone has tried this and it tastes old and stale, then I will likely pass. But if it is fine for the freezer, and still good, its quite a deal.

Here is the Fellini deal, for example:

20 Mixed Cans of Fellinni Snus, Snus

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
I did a fake order, just to see how much 40 cans of the General loose would run with shipping. It came out to $1.46 per can delivered to my door. I would SO do that! However, I also know, due to pre-PACT ordering, I am VERY well stocked on snus presently. I have two unopened rolls of LD in the freezer, two more 6 can partial rolls of LD, 10 cans of as-yet-to-be-spearmint-flavored SnusX, plus I don't know how many cans of Offroad Cranberry loose (probably enough to make a roll, or close to it.)

So YEAH, I would buy 40 cans of close-to-expiration General loose and freeze the hell out of it for $1.46 per can delivered, except I have 53 cans of snus frozen with no idea how long it will take me to use it up. I am already planning to switch to loose exclusively once this stash is done, primarily because regular portions, and even minis for that matter, are far too much nicotine for my system. I have found that one click of loose in a 3 ml Icetool, makes the perfect portion (from a nic hit standpoint) when plopped into 3 ridges of a piece of coffee filter (which is 1/10 of the outer ruffled edge of a coffee filter) folded up. (And that means no niccups EVER with snus, even if I snus without liquids.) Of course, given I probably have a roll of loose if we include all of the Offroad Cran, that means it will take me even longer to use up all of my pre-PACT stash.

I am beginning to think I overdid my pre-PACT ordering, although asking for a tub of SnusX for my birthday over the summer, contributed to my overstock as well. I don't regret having so much on hand, but on the other hand, if I hadn't gone so crazy with pre-PACT ordering, I could take advantage of these soon to expire snus deals. The pricing on the soon to expire snus beats by far the pricing of the snus I ordered pre-PACT.

But thanks for the heads up. I know where my future snus dollars will be spent in spring of 2011, assuming I can use up all of my stash by then. I may not be have to place another order before summer of 2011 at this point.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Kurt, I too will be watching that one for some of my favorites to come up. I was thinking as I am using up my stock that I could watch for sales like that to restock so that perhaps I can avoid taking the hit of paying full price plus shipping to get what I need. Getsnus ran a free shipping on 30 cans or more a while back that I took advantage of but it still was no where near as good of a deal as some of the stuff on snusbargain.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
    Nov 13, 2008
    Slovakia
    I bought quite a few "Short expiry date" ones from Northerner. I placed them in freezer immediately and only remove the few portions I intend to use on that day, more or less. They expired in the meantime. The snus works fine, the only problem seem to be that in half (or almost) empty cans the portions quickly lose their taste. They still provide, though, without any ill effects. But I only use a couple a day.

BTW, as temperature is important to snus, I believe that winter is the time to experiment with expired or nearly expired cans.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread