Cloud Chaser's only! Opinions on best/safest mech and battery for sub ohm chasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys... I have been toying around with the idea of joining a couple of local cloud competitions for a while. I am a solid coil builder as I have been doing it for about a year now. But what are some of your opinions on the best/safest mech and battery to use in conjunction for competitions. Best clouds I personally have produced were off of a dual 24 ga. parallel coil build reading about 0.17 ohms. I didn't want to go any lower for fear that I didn't have a legit sony VTC5 and maybe a re wrapped efest or something. Ideas?

P.S. Before I get bombarded with anti sub ohm propaganda I know the risks. Remember that even the "safest" builds... a battery can still fail and blow up on you at any time. I am fully aware and have all of the test equipment I need. Thank you in advance.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Hey guys... I have been toying around with the idea of joining a couple of local cloud competitions for a while. I am a solid coil builder as I have been doing it for about a year now. But what are some of your opinions on the best/safest mech and battery to use in conjunction for competitions. Best clouds I personally have produced were off of a dual 24 ga. parallel coil build reading about 0.17 ohms. I didn't want to go any lower for fear that I didn't have a legit sony VTC5 and maybe a re wrapped efest or something. Ideas?

P.S. Before I get bombarded with anti sub ohm propaganda I know the risks. Remember that even the "safest" builds... a battery can still fail and blow up on you at any time. I am fully aware and have all of the test equipment I need. Thank you in advance.

I guess my only suggestion would be to know which battery you are actually using. /shrug

rodeo302

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2014
Minnesota
I'm in the same boat with ya trying to get an awesome setup for comps if your willing to look into 26650s id recommend keeppower they are a 30 amp continuous with a 50 amp pulse minimum 4200 mah drain and just plain look sweet they were recomended to me by kaezzeil(not sure if I spelt that right lol) I've been hearing they are called the Sony killer.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Sony doesn't make 26650 batteries any longer.
Efest purple 26650s rock.

For cloud chasing you really don't need a .01 build.
It's more about airflow and draw speed, than super sub ohms.

Research reaearch research!
So you don't blow yer face off.

Edited to add:

18650 cloud chasing mod set
solid copper
all tubes
copper contacts
adjustable 510 contact.
quad coil hybrid atty included.
$42

Also:
king clone (knurled)