Cloud9vaping pulls Five Pawns and other liquids from the shelf after testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
Cloud9vaping also had some liquids tested and it doesn't look good for FP in particular.
From the webpage:
It's worth noting that the 2500 ppm Acetyl Propionyl detected in the five pawns Absolute pin is the highest result that's ever been seen in any e-liquid so far - including those that tested positive in the recent Vapor Shark tests, and all the liquids tested by Dr Farsalinos in his 2014 study. It is further worth noting that the nicotine level detected on the five pawns tests was outside acceptable tolerances on half of the samples submitted. The actual lab certificates are available on request.
Liquid test results - Blog - Cloud 9 Vaping

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
About nine months ago when the Suicide Bunny thing happened, i asked them point blank if their liquid had any diacetyl and/or AP in them. Their answer was an unequivocal no, and they said their results will be on their site soon. I guess we now know why the results didn't go up.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Great, I actually really like Gambit. So there goes Five Pawns out of my daily rotation. Anybody know the results for Milkman? I'm really liking it lately, doubtless this means it'll probably set a new world record or tie Five Pawns for most toxic sludge. Sigh.

I take it that what's left on Cloud 9's site, has been deemed safe, therefore Johnson's Creek is ok. It's starting to feeling like 2010 all over again. Is there any generalized listing of brands of e-juice and their relative ratings? I know that study which mentioned the potential dangers when Suicide Bunny got nailed, failed to list a best/safest collection, even if they didn't want to name the negative ones to trash different companies.

EDIT: OMFG Vaping Rabbit came up clean! Since they're the same company that makes Milkman, I'm hoping for the best despite the fact that it's not tested.

Last edited:

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Man reading the numbers is depressing. There was the whole Suicide Bunny is evil noise a while back, but Five Pawns is running at over 6x more toxic. I guess they've set a world record for the most toxic sludge ever produced.

This was what got Suicide Bunny nailed, they're at 221-400ppm DA; some of Five Pawns is over f-----g 2500ppm.

mechhunter

Feb 25, 2015
Proxima Centauri
Testing costs 200 dollars a pop. Five Pawns and other premium juice companies are raking in the money hand over fist. Money is not an issue for them. Greed and morality apparantly is.

Just a guess, but I think 5P already tested their liquid and witheld the results.

For the record I loved FP juice.

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
FP was giving away liquids a few weeks ago on their FB page....I have almost a whole bottle of Castle Long.....but to be honest I stopped vaping most flavors when Nicoticket confirmed 'anything bad for you is good' mentality....thus selling it all. Unflavored is for meeeeeeeeeeeee! :)

Tracey

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
"Pawns" - what an appropriate term right about now............

Just went to reup on TFA last night. Even they list which have diac, and have started offering reformulated versions of their popular flavors for those concerned, they also now have a disclaimer about the safety unknowns regarding inhaling food flavoring as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread