Clouds Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I assume that you primed the coil well, could also be the coil is dodgy and has given out. Also could be a dodgy connection, so you could try taking the tank off and cleaning the 510 connectors on the mod and the tank.

Have you had the tank long?
This ^^ plus, if you're getting burnt/dry hits, it's a wicking issue (still 'hot' but not enough juice flow). Also check air flow.

Reactions: stols001

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
1ow per coil lol
turn it up for huge clouds

200w (12).gif

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
Is your power device reading the Ω fairly close to what's marked on the head? ( .15Ω +/- a little)

Smok's recommended / 'best' power range for the x6 heads is 80-100 watts.

Try turning up the power 5w at a time until you find what you like.

Yes it the exact same 0.15 ohms

• Agree

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
Almost certainly the coil has died....only other possibility is the mod is not delivering any power.

Try a new coil and then if you've got a tester you can check the wattage coming from the 510.

Good luck :)

Cleaned The Whole Tank, Took Me Like 30 Minutes.
And Tried 2 Other Different Coils Brand New From A Different Distributors, The Same Thing After 1 Day The Clouds Stop

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
I assume that you primed the coil well, could also be the coil is dodgy and has given out. Also could be a dodgy connection, so you could try taking the tank off and cleaning the 510 connectors on the mod and the tank.

Have you had the tank long?

The Tank Yes Had It Long But Just A Couple Days Ago I Switched The Glass Tube And Coil, And Clean The Other Part thurly

I find the coils just don't last longer than a day, I go through tonnes of Prince coils weekly always have about 5 odd tanks of the Prince going at one time, once you've done that 1st 50 - 100 puffs mate they're pretty much done, and that's not on Smok, honestly haven't had any luck with any brands. I'd change out 3 - 4 times on a 100ml bottle to be more precise. Good coils, great tanks but I haven't come across and premades that go the distance sadly. As you use it more I've found you have to turn the wattage up if you want to make it last and go longer. Might start on 60, but you may end up finishing on 90odd a few days/week later. Good way to keep in check is keep looking down into the tank, white, then stained, then black. Black is munted!. Saying that, I find the thick juices burn them out real quick, thin fruity sorts seem to last a bit longer. Have moved to dripping at home in front of the Xbox and only using pre mades out and about/work etc. Just my opinion & experices, I am no pro. But it's what you're saying that pushed me to building, and it's saved me heaps of cash squonking and dripping now around home instead of blowing out coils. Kia ora good luck!

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I'm not a cloud chaser, more thought of myself as a flavor chaser. Depending on what tank I was using I could get two sometimes three days out of a coil. If I was using a sweet ejuice I found they gunked up the coil rather quickly. I tried using the RBA decks that came with some of my tanks, however, I found them to be lacking. It was probably me and how I was building them. When I got my first dedicated RDA, a Kayfun, I really enjoyed the vape on it. I got into TC and picked up some SS316L for making my coils and it really improved the flavor. I wasn't really happy with the TC and returned to power mode and discovered I preferred the vape using SS for the coil. Sorry, didn't mean to get so long-winded. You will have to do some work on your own to discover what you will enjoy. The others have given you some excellent advice, now you will have to do a bit of experimenting to make your own conclusions. Good luck with your vaping lifestyle.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
What is the battery charge showing when it stops blowing clouds? Since you changed coils and all it seems it is just loosing power. A lot of mods automatically drop the power when the batteries get to certain levels. Also possible its it TC mode
it a 3 battery box mod that lasts me days, so its not the batteries

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Might need to consign the tank to the bin and try something different, if you can.

Freemax M Pro might be worth a try, because at the moment you must be going through a small fortune in coils. And if that doesn't work out for you, you'll probably want to look into rebuildable atomisers. RDA's are the easiest and most forgiving to work with.

basilia

Moved On
May 24, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread