Cloudy FA Mellow Sunset with residue on the inside of the bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynGBH

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2010
Not here.
Sooo...I just received some FA flavoring I ordered and most look fresh, but the Mellow Sunset flavor is cloudy and has some yellow residue on the inside of the bottle. It looks funky, especially considering how clear all my other FA flavors are.

I wrote the supplier I purchased from and they told me it was fine and all I needed to do was shake it well. I shook like hell and the yellow residue did not mix in and still cloudy.

Trash it or use it? :confused:

I'm thinking I'll be pouring it down the drain unless yooz "indaknow" peepelz tell me otherwise.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Sooo...I just received some FA flavoring I ordered and most look fresh, but the Mellow Sunset flavor is cloudy and has some yellow residue on the inside of the bottle. It looks funky, especially considering how clear all my other FA flavors are.

I wrote the supplier I purchased from and they told me it was fine and all I needed to do was shake it well. I shook like hell and the yellow residue did not mix in and still cloudy.

Trash it or use it? :confused:

I'm thinking I'll be pouring it down the drain unless yooz "indaknow" peepelz tell me otherwise.

Trash it. My mellow sunset from FA is clear.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Thanks, Switched. That's what I wanted to know.

I didn't order from Liberty Flights (or PureVapes/Nikhil)so I don't feel comfortable asking them about it.

It really does look strange, so I'm gonna' trash it!

Good call IMO I don't recommend anything I would not personally do. For $3, it is just not worth it.

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
The Mellow Sunset I have from FA is cloudy pale yellow, as is the Citrus Mix for example. They are fine, and I've ordered the Citrus Mix directly before and it was cloudy both times. Sometimes the cloudy particles can sink to the bottom so I always shake before putting it into a smaller bottle, otherwise the clear part might be the only thing you get so it would be lacking some of the flavor. That might be what happened to you, Switched, unless FA has changed their recipe or something.

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
Ah, so I think we are seeing the same thing but describing it differently! If it is not transparent I tend to call it cloudy. As for the residue, I just thought it settled at the bottom.

Perhaps you could pour out the non-residue and then mix the residue with PG and see what happens. Or maybe heat it and shake to see if the residue is just precipitated flavoring? You might still throw it out even if you can isolate the residue, but you can have some fun with it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread